Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

Honestly, this whole "the music business is going country, we're going country" thing was kind of strange because other big artists like Taylor or Billie didn't care and they're still topping the charts. Lana should just do her own thing and ignore what may or may not be trendy at the moment.

Maybe she meant "What can I say now," as if she's talking to herself, saying "I'm so frustrated that so many artists are announcing country albums that I just don't know what to say to you about Lasso at this moment."  

What other artists are doing should make no difference. She's Lana Fucking Del Rey, having some of her best years ever, who cares if others are releasing country albums or if there is an actual trend in play, however it came about?

Releasing a country album is not an original idea in and of itself; it's one of the most recognizable and oldest of all American genres.   

So with luck, Lasso will be released on schedule. 

1 minute ago, Three White Butterflies said:

it should just be expected at this point that whenever Lana announces something it will eventually be changed to something else :brigitte:

:true:

33 minutes ago, keps2013 said:

but for rn i feel like she should drop some fun stand alone tracks (even like a 3 track EP) to keep us fed/until she figures where LASSO is going…

i think this a great idea just bc of the immense momentum and public interest she has right now! it could keep interest piqued for her next project and also give her some fun new tracks to perform at her upcoming shows one of those things is more likely than the other

Wq9zHLl.jpg

Just now, lake placid said:

did we ever get confirmation that Lasso would be stylised as LASSO?

no but that’s how i’m gonna type it whenever i mention it:slayty:

signature.gif

"One gun on the table. Headshot if you're able..."

I'm not reading too much into the interview, I think she just doesn't want to talk about Lasso in advance until it's time to roll it out. I also don't think she's worried about trendhopping, she literally said the music industry is going country so she obviously knew a bunch of big releases this year would be country. She probably said that to get ahead of it and show that she isn't just following the trend and has been working on a country album for years.

I have a feeling Lasso is still on track and she just doesn't want to discuss it right now.

9 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

i think this a great idea just bc of the immense momentum and public interest she has right now! it could keep interest piqued for her next project and also give her some fun new tracks to perform at her upcoming shows one of those things is more likely than the other

On Eagle's Wings (EP)

1. Henry, Come On

2. Tough! (feat. Quavo)

3. On Eagle's Wings

4. Angels Forever

I would love for lana to release an occasional 4-5 song EP sadly she just doesn’t do that lol 

I would rather a country EP than a full album 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

8 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

On Eagle's Wings (EP)

1. Henry, Come On

2. Tough! (feat. Quavo)

3. On Eagle's Wings

4. Angels Forever

angels forever could be her one of biggest song ever but no ones ready for that convo yet.

especially if it became a tiktok song (hope not)

Tbh I feel like the perfect thing to do would be to either rerelease a.k.a with like 10ish side-bs or an Ultraviolence reissue for the 10th anniversary with again like 10 ish new tracks. Ig she could do a stevie nicks and reissue btd and Ultraviolence at the same time but I don't really think that would happen. Anyways either one of those options would be low effort on her and her trams part but would make the fan base extremely happy and hold them over to the eventual release of her next album in September or not