Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

Finally a question about Lasso even though the answer left me with more questions :silly: She said in her speech yesterday she has off years where the muse isn’t as strong and she doesn’t feel as inspired as other periods. After opening up so much on COCC, BB and Tunnel maybe she’s not exactly sure where to go next and that’s okay. She should take the time to experiment with her ideas and music instead of rushing…..even though according to her this has been three years in the making :dua:

Tumblr

i think lana is genuinely concerned about looking like a trend hopper (“four major artists announced country albums”) so i think the country thing has probs been shelved for now :( which is unfortunate bc i think it would’ve slayed but i’m just excited she’s feeling a bit more playful and melodic for the next record !!

Wq9zHLl.jpg

1 hour ago, Lustformoney said:

I think it’s obvious from this interview that lasso has been cancelled and the country is gone:brigitte: and the best case scenario we get another album in 2025. Hopefully working with quavo redirects her to trap again

just a dream I had in mind :dua:

5 hours ago, honeyslow said:

part about lasso at 2:07 

Interviewer: What can you tell us about Lasso coming out later this year, you're going country right?

Lana: Oh jeez, well what can I say now. What can I say now. I mean when I gave Jack Antonoff his award for best producer of the year and I said welcome Nashville to Hollywood and Hollywood welcome Nashville because the music business is gone going country and it went silent. Five thousand people dead silent and then the next week we had three major artists announce big country albums so where is Lasso going I really have no idea now. You know what I mean?

Interviewer: Lyrically (?) while it's been inspiring is it part of that fun and ease you were talking about on stage?

Lana: Yeah I would say so, maybe less to say in terms of any kind of self-revealing things like on Tunnel or Blue Banisters or Chemtrails, more melodic, maybe more like American songbook style.

5 hours ago, Dominikx4 said:

I actually don't know what you mean, Lana

5 hours ago, venicebitch said:

she doesn't know either like it's giving this album is not even in the making :toofloppy:

I mean it’s pretty obvious, no? She said it pretty clear to me.

She literally said people were not excited for a country album “dead silent” when there were 5000 people in the room. Her mentioning that there were 3 major artists as in she doesn’t want to follow them. 3 other people are already making country albums. I don’t want to be making country now. Aka she doesn’t want to be seen as a trend hopper.

Tbqh, I was questioning her why she was saying stuff like “the music industry is going country, so we’re going country”. I’ve expressed that she’s never been the type to follow trends. Now, she’s proving me right in a sense that she is self-aware. She actually does not want to follow trends.

Side note: Why is she so expressive? Fidgety and flinchy in interviews now? And good lord, her make up looks awful. It’s even more obvious in this video. The lighter eye shadow does not work. She looks sick. Like ill. The pasty make-up and the blondish/grayish hair is also giving grandma. Sickly ill grandma. Not that different from this.

1299098.jpg

11 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

i think lana is genuinely concerned about looking like a trend hopper (“four major artists announced country albums”) so i think the country thing has probs been shelved for now :( which is unfortunate bc i think it would’ve slayed but i’m just excited she’s feeling a bit more playful and melodic for the next record !!

Which I think it's good because it means she wants to keep doing her own thing, which is exactly why she's one of the GOATs.

I'd go full jazz/electronica/trap if I were her but I'm sure whatever decision she makes will pay off creatively. I just don't see it coming anytime soon. She's now living the things that are probably inspiring her into writing new material.

IMG-1607.jpg

But didn't she say to Elle that Lasso is still gonna be out in 2024 or something? She probably revamped the album's concept, like @rosemead ramada said, she has done it all the time since UV.

url%5D

4 minutes ago, Embach said:

But didn't she say to Elle that Lasso is still gonna be out in 2024 or something? She probably revamped the album's concept, like @rosemead ramada said, she has done it all the time since UV.

Honestly you can’t trust Lana with an album release date until you see an actual preorder up. 

I feel like its gonna be Country but obviously infused with her own elements. I dont think its cancelled or scraped because she has done so much work/meeting country artists recently.

I feel like her saying “everyone went silent” - because no one believed that the music industry was going country. But then the week later 4 aftists were going country so she was trying to say “did I prove my point”

There’s no way she canceled the album or changed the genre, like the country theme they did for coachella with a rope, wearing all these country outfits, singing with so many country artists, opening Coachella with a country song, Margaret calling her country queen, henry being produced by a country producer, tough having country lyrics, and her saying she’s going country, all went for nothing? :uh:

i'm 100% here for melodic, structured songs. i'm kind of sick of the stream of consciousness writing we've been seeing from her and other artists lately.

also my dad just texted me the NME article- i think he's more excited for this album then i am :omfg2:

zLreinD.gif

19 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Which I think it's good because it means she wants to keep doing her own thing, which is exactly why she's one of the GOATs.

I'd go full jazz/electronica/trap if I were her but I'm sure whatever decision she makes will pay off creatively. I just don't see it coming anytime soon. She's now living the things that are probably inspiring her into writing new material.

absolutely agreed! if being singular and standing out from mainstream pop is important to her (which, like you, i’m sure it is!) i think now might be a good time to put out a shoegaze, trip hop or acid jazz inspired album, bc i just have this weird feeling that these will be the next major influences in pop music over the next year or two. it would be great if she could get there early and put her own stamp on it before it becomes the next big trend, since she likely feels that now is a little late for a full country album!

Wq9zHLl.jpg

That was a really fun interview. I loved the anecdote about the green contact lenses. Not someone finally asking about the album only to leave us in more uncertainty than before :brigitte:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

8 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

There’s no way she canceled the album or changed the genre, like the country theme they did for coachella with a rope, wearing all these country outfits, singing with so many country artists, opening Coachella with a country song, Margaret calling her country queen, henry being produced by a country producer, tough having country lyrics, and her saying she’s going country, all went for nothing? :uh:

LITERALLY