Sign in to follow this  
DeadSeaOfMercury

What was the first album you ever bought?

Cassette (age of 10 or 11):

Blues Brothers Soundtrack (found it in a trash can)

The KLF – 3: A.M. Eternal (Live At The S.S.L.) (my best friend was a total fan of KLF)

U96 - Das Boot album

CD (age of 12):

Maxi Dance Sensation, Volume 2 (got this with the first CD player from my father)

Dr. Alban - One Love – The Album (first CD I bought for myself)

I remember that I recorded a lot of music on cassette from radio at this time

around 2000 I had also a mini disc player, but only with self recorded music

My first album was a CD of ‘My Worlds’ by Justin Bieber in 2010. I was down bad. :toofunny:

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

My first cd was Spice Girls debut album Spice. I remember my mom getting it for me when I was super young.

First vinyl was Video Games/ Blue Jeans 7inch vinyl.

My first CD was Going Under by Evanescence :flutter: I remember I loved it and played it nonstop until my little sister broke it...

I can't even remember my first vinyl, maybe some Clapton record I bought used?? 

First CD: Madonna Confessions On a Dancefloor (a very inappropriate Christmas gift for a 5/6 year old). 

First vinyl: Lana Del Rey Born To Die 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

the first cd i was given was shakira oral fixation vol. 2 but i was like 4 i don't really count it, the first one i bought with my own money was roman reloaded (clean version bc i was like 8 :deadbanana:) btd was in like the first 25 tho. first vinyl i bought was jack white lazaretto solely for the cool stuff the vinyl did (i was like 12). choices!

On 6/30/2023 at 12:28 AM, prettywhenimhigh said:

my first CD I got when I was 3 and it was the soundtrack of this soap opera for kids that was basically about this girl who was raised in an orphanage because her grandfather didn't accept that his daughter got pregnant by a poor man, so he built the orphanage to raise his granddaughter and hide the true background of her birth :true: 

sorry off topic but that's deep for a kids show oml

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

cassette: prob en vogue funky divas or paula abdul spellbound

CD: honestly don't remember, probably the beatles or billie holiday? first CDs i actually remember buying are mariah carey unplugged, hole live through this, alanis jagged little pill, nirvana nevermind...

vinyl: i think team dresch captain my captain and huggy bear taking the rough with the smooch (bought on the same day)

aOaIzH2.gif

Can’t remember exactly what my first CD was but it was around 2000 and was probably …Baby One More Time by 

Britney or the first B*Witched album.

Cassette was either Come On Over by Shania or a Supremes greatest hits also around 2000.

First digital album I bought in FULL was definitely Blackout by Britney in 2007 and I remember I only did it because I wanted Get Back/Everybody and I didn’t know the Japanese CD had them.

Vinyl was Bionic by Christina in like 2011 which I bought at the Rock ‘n’ Roll Hall of Fame and I honestly don’t know what possessed me to buy it when I didn’t have a turntable lmao