Rorman Nockwell

The Courtney Love is Over Thread

2 hours ago, DCooper said:

That is literally not the consensus lmao

It's the consensus amongst the people in my circle. Everyone's kind of tuned into other artists. Which annoys the hell out of me.

12 hours ago, Carmen Del Rey said:

she is based for calling Taylor Swift not interesting

but I draw the line at her insulting Lana. She literally got Lana into heroin and they were high on it the entire endless summer tour (I was there). There’s also blind items about it but it’s not exactly a secret.

maybe she’s mad Lana won’t get high with her anymore, who knows.

girl wtf is u talking about

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee

13 hours ago, Embach said:

Tbh she has always been like that, sadly. I remember she said some bitter shit about Lana in 2020 as well.

Yes—in her TikTok comment section, right?

14 hours ago, Carmen Del Rey said:

she is based for calling Taylor Swift not interesting

but I draw the line at her insulting Lana. She literally got Lana into heroin and they were high on it the entire endless summer tour (I was there). There’s also blind items about it but it’s not exactly a secret.

I can’t tell if this is serious or a joke but if it’s a joke it’s actually hilarious :lmao:

7 minutes ago, Wait For Life said:

Yes—in her TikTok comment section, right?

I can’t tell if this is serious or a joke but if it’s a joke it’s actually hilarious :lmao:

I'm pretty sure they are serious. See their statuses :oopna2:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001y3tq

"Released On: 18 Apr 2024

Available for 28 days

From Big Mama Thornton to PJ Harvey, from Patti Smith to Dolly Parton Courtney picks some of the most influential female artists from across her life. She also talks about the genesis of In Utero, her friendship with Carrie Fisher and how Lana Del Rey saved her life"

This must have been recorded recently :rip: 

10 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Available for 28 days

From Big Mama Thornton to PJ Harvey, from Patti Smith to Dolly Parton Courtney picks some of the most influential female artists from across her life. She also talks about the genesis of In Utero, her friendship with Carrie Fisher and how Lana Del Rey saved her life"

Help???? Lana spiel starts at 26:04. Does she always slur like this? The way she talks is so :air:

15 hours ago, Carmen Del Rey said:

She literally got Lana into heroin and they were high on it the entire endless summer tour (I was there). There’s also blind items about it but it’s not exactly a secret.

yes you were there with courtney and lana and when you all shot up together the whole bus clapped and a man went up to you and said oppa homeless style

1 hour ago, Nobody said:

Available for 28 days

first time I've heard the censored version of A&W this is the experience of an American ***** :facepalm:

she says a lot of important things about Lana, does anyone have a transcript?

9 hours ago, FredRed said:

This is dumb. I like Courtney and had the good fortune to see her at the Hollywood Bowl with Lana. Unfortunately she is still stuck in high school. The web says she's 59! Almost my age. When I was in high school it wasn't "cool" to like John Denver. Now I can appreciate so many of his songs. Brilliant songwriter. She makes her statement like a high school kid. "I can't believe you covered John Denver!"

We're way past the point of Lana needing someone's stamp of approval. 

I agree with this, and I think this is a big part of it that might get missed by people who weren't music fans in the late 80s/early 90s. John Denver was hated back then by all the cool punk/alt people - when Hole were putting out their records, there were punk covers of Country Roads that were put out with the spirit of 'let's take the shittiest song in the world and make it a funny punk song'.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

What a hit thread :brigitte: let’s hope her comeback single pops off as much as this. Why are we still putting other women down in order to announce / promote YOUR output or contribution. Why can’t they ALL contribute Courtney???? Gee wiz for a punk rock chick you clearly lost the plot. 

It looks like Courtney had a deeper connection to Lana's music - up until Take Me Home. But I think we could get her back if Lana covers a Dolly Parton song or collabs with her, because Dolly seems to have influenced her too.

7 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

It looks like Courtney had a deeper connection to Lana's music - up until Take Me Home. But I think we could get her back if Lana covers a Dolly Parton song or collabs with her, because Dolly seems to have influenced her too.

:brigitte: what

omg I am listening to the podcast and Lana drove Courtney's daughter to Malibu everyday for 90 days when Courtney was detoxing? That is so fucking sweet of her. It baffles me that Courtney would diss her music now.

Also I'm laughing at Lana making her download Hinge

37 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

And why would we want to “get her back” lmao spare me

I’m not taking what Courtney said about Lana too seriously because it wasn’t exactly a diss - and seemed to be more about the John Denver song than anything else, as mentioned by a few users above.

With Courtney’s candidness, so to speak, I think she just tends to say things rather brashly and bluntly. She evidently admires and respects Lana for her own artistic integrity - not to mention the ways in which Lana has supported Courtney personally. So, I’m still a Hole / Courtney fan and I can see where the rest of her points on the other singers she mentioned are coming from… ️ (even if I don’t fully agree)