rocknrollgroupie

Lana Del Rey and Quavo “Tough” - RELEASE TBA

Idk tbh the snippet makes me feel like it’s a weird republican/Morgan Wallen song :runs: something from a Dodge commercial 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

6 minutes ago, Mer said:

Y’all overestimate how much she cares about promo 💀

”Live debut” 

“local time release”

”music video premiere” 

The single will randomly show up on streaming unannounced on a Tuesday at 3pm and the music video a month later and when fans ask her about it she’ll say “oh ya what was that song called? The strong song or whatever” 

Honestly,  Lana core 100%

2 minutes ago, Rock Candy said:

but I'm more and more inclined to believe that this is a Quavo release, which has nothing to do with Lasso:true:

And thats okay❤️

Okay but the way im already randomly hymmung and singing the new snippet likeee okay hit

4 hours ago, Billie said:

“Tough like the scarf on a pair of old leather boots
Like the blue collar, red dirt attitude
Like a .38 made out of brass
Tough like the stuff in your grandpa's glass
Life's gonna do what it does
Sure as the good lords up above
Cut like a diamond shining in the rough
Tough”

OMG these lyrics are so fucking good!

Observation #1: this snippet is kinda different than the first one. I feel like the song will have a switch-up ala A&W. From the more melodic part (snippet 2) to more beats and rap (snippet 1). Tho snippet 1 could just be the bridge.

Observation #2: this will be her biggest hit since Snow on the Beach and Say Yes To Heaven in terms of Billboard 100 and radio play. I predict spot 30-50 (higher than SYTH), maybe even higher.

Observation #3: can we all just agree how fabulous it is that Lana is singing on this? After snippet 1, I was worried he's only doing background and ad-libs.

Observation #4: this is the BOP some of us have been dying for. It's her most accessible song since, well, Snow on the Beach and probably Doin' Time before it. We all needed this.

Observation #5: guess they finished editing the video, seems likely that it will drop this Friday or the Friday after that.

Observation #6: sadly, seems more like a Quavo project at this point, or a one-off. That being said, the lyrics are giving major Lasso vibes. Like, lead Lasso single. I mean, a 38 made out of brass? Come on! Back to the Nancy Sinatra gangsta shit. <3

Observation #7: I'll be listening to this snippet on repeat till the single drops lmao

:yell:

4 hours ago, NikoGo said:

Okay but I need a release date right now because I’m going to overplay tf out of this snippet!! It’s SOOO catchy 

do we think this is the chorus?

For sure - that's the chorus. And snippet 1 is probably the bridge/outro. 

There's a lot going on in this 3 minute song. But the beat and the guitar and the lyrics and the melody and the ad libs are all so good!

omg when my alarm rang I was literally in the middle of dreaming that Lana had announced a tour on insta (with a very weird esoteric tour name too) and I was literally looking at the dates then I woke up and was like resignedly checking my phone bc obviously that was not real but hey at least something happened while I was asleep! 

love the snippet love the vibe love the melody and I know it’s gonna be a hit af :brigitte:

3 hours ago, Make me your Dream Life said:

so far it sounds like a more awake version of summer bummer and i'm liking it 

I was just thinking about Summer Bummer and Groupie Love.

Isn't it crazy how none of these charted at the time? It's like, you had Lana x Weeknd just before that single, you had Lana's new album that was #1 on Billobard, and then you have Lana feat ASAP Rocky and Playboi Carti, and then nothing. :noparty: I fucking love that song, but it flopped big time.

Tough sounds a lot more commercial. Like a not-so-distant cousin of Old Town Road.

And you know what's funny? I fucking praid for Lasso to sound just like that. OH PLEAE GOD LET THIS BE A LASSO SINGLE, and not a random collab or Quavo featuring Lana Del Rey.

I would sell my soul to the devil for this.

who said it's 3 minutes? where are we getting that from, or is that from that completely random person from insta or youtube? lmao because at this point anyone can say it's 4:54 seconds and claim to be an insider (weren't they proven wrong, saying it was coming at hangout and it's been like a month since...)

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

6 minutes ago, American Whore said:

who said it's 3 minutes? where are we getting that from, or is that from that completely random person from insta or youtube? lmao because at this point anyone can say it's 4:54 seconds and claim to be an insider (weren't they proven wrong, saying it was coming at hangout and it's been like a month since...)

Some insider at ATLR, I think

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

6 minutes ago, American Whore said:

I'm actually with you on that. There's a lot to unpack in this song - I don't t hink it's a 3-minute cut. 4 minutes at least.

Seems to go off the rails with that outro/bridge (snippet 1). But it seems like this is really coming in Boston. (the gig is tonight, no?) and we'll know everything tomorrow.

Genius has it listed as Quavo feat. Lana

https://genius.com/Quavo-tough-lyrics

Tough like the scuff on a pair of old leather boots
Like the blue-collar, red dirt attitude
Tough like thе stuff in your grandpa's glass (Grandpa's glass)
Sure as thе good Lord up above
I'm cut like a diamond shinin' in the rough (Shinin', shinin')

6 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Genius has it listed as Quavo feat. Lana

https://genius.com/Quavo-tough-lyrics

Tough like the scuff on a pair of old leather boots
Like the blue-collar, red dirt attitude
Tough like thе stuff in your grandpa's glass (Grandpa's glass)
Sure as thе good Lord up above
I'm cut like a diamond shinin' in the rough (Shinin', shinin')

i think anyone can add to Genius, but at this point he's the one teasing it so it could be his song tbf. I really want it to be on Lasso though because it fits the vibe lyrically

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I NEED this for the Midsummer shenanigans... Nordic girlies rise up, let's manifest:legend:

Happy as the moonshine