lyinginthesand

Lana attending the Ivor Novello Awards at the JW Marriott Grosvenor House in London, ENG - May 23rd, 2024

22 minutes ago, Crazy for You said:

ugh I love her so much ok I'm drunk but why was watching her speak in this almost making me cry 

9 minutes ago, Embach said:

What does the glass ship metaphor mean, I'm little bit dumb when it comes down some expressions like these :(

I could totally be wrong about this lol but based off what she said before and after the metaphor about the glass ship

Spoiler

"I said it's like being in a new ship, but I don't just want to go forward and do a stadium tour. I want to figure out how to turn into like a glass ship that can fly, and I don't even know what that means yet, but I'm going to find out, and sometimes that means just stopping and listening to my heart and it's not always about music. It's about thinking about whether what I'm saying is actually matching up with what I'm doing."

I think she's talking about the next stage of her career and everyone assuming that her playing Coachella means she's going to keep going bigger and bigger (like with stadium tours) but what she really wants is to be at home with her family, and have smaller shows where she can have more interactions with the locals there, etc. so if the "new ship" is the next stage of her performing career, then maybe the "glass ship that can fly" is to do the next stage of her career in a way that hasn't been done before

Like the typical route of a pop star vs the different route she wants to take that isn't so typical of singers at her level, but she doesn't know exactly what that is yet :daydream:

♡ 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓼𝓱𝓲𝓹𝓼 𝓛𝓪𝓷𝓪 𝓓𝓮𝓵 𝓡𝓮𝔂 𝓲𝓷 𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓪𝓲𝓻𝓹𝓸𝓭𝓼 ♡

We were so fed today :trisha: beautiful girl, stunning outfit, deserved award, amazing achievements, nostalgia on top! :crying5:

Just now, fishtails said:

I could totally be wrong about this lol but based off what she said before and after the metaphor about the glass ship

Hide contents

"I said it's like being in a new ship, but I don't just want to go forward and do a stadium tour. I want to figure out how to turn into like a glass ship that can fly, and I don't even know what that means yet, but I'm going to find out, and sometimes that means just stopping and listening to my heart and it's not always about music. It's about thinking about whether what I'm saying is actually matching up with what I'm doing."

I think she's talking about the next stage of her career and everyone assuming that her playing Coachella means she's going to keep going bigger and bigger (like with stadium tours) but what she really wants is to be at home with her family, and have smaller shows where she can have more interactions with the locals there, etc. so if the "new ship" is the next stage of her performing career, then maybe the "glass ship that can fly" is to do the next stage of her career in a way that hasn't been done before

Like the typical route of a pop star vs the different route she wants to take that isn't so typical of singers at her level, but she doesn't know exactly what that is yet :daydream:

Omg thank you so much sweetie that makes totally sense!

url%5D

I literally had to take a second look I thought this was an unseen interview from 2012 for a second or something she literally looks stunning :wowcry:

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

I made this little video I wanted to share of parallels I noticed while she was speaking after accepting her award this year compared to how she spoke after accepting her award for Next Big Thing & Video Games also at a ceremony held at the Grosvenor House in 2011. In both years, she talks about how she feels about accepting awards, understanding the industry, touring, and reacting to negative articles written about her, but her answers are very different over the 12 year span. You can really see her growth in her self-confidence and it's beautiful to see, even in just the way she speaks and her answers to the questions. I love her so much :wowcry:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

48 minutes ago, Elle said:

Like… come on omg. Can’t get over that it’s at the same place too xIMG-1098

Even the quality of this recent picture somehow screams 2011 :crai:

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Chanele said:

Mother just said in the most poetic way possible im never doing a stadium tour

So what I’m choosing to hear is that she’ll come to my small ass random city one day

6 minutes ago, Elle said:

I made this little video I wanted to share of parallels I noticed while she was speaking after accepting her award this year compared to how she spoke after accepting her award for Next Big Thing & Video Games also at a ceremony held at the Grosvenor House in 2011. In both years, she talks about how she feels about accepting awards, understanding the industry, touring, and reacting to negative articles written about her, but her answers are very different over the 12 year span. You can really see her growth in her self-confidence and it's beautiful to see, even in just the way she speaks and her answers to the questions. I love her so much :wowcry:

omg elle i think i’m gonna cry, it’s so crazy to see how far she has come… thank u for doing this video :trisha:

38 minutes ago, Embach said:

What does the glass ship metaphor mean, I'm little bit dumb when it comes down some expressions like these :(

My interpretation of the flying glass ship is that she wants to remain exceptional, to stand out from other musicians, but it could also mean that she wants to keep her freedom, that she doesn't want anything forced on her, but to be free to decide where and how she performs.

Baby :cryney2:

IMG-1103

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

13 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

LDR11 is going to be spoken word and beat poetry:thumb3:

https://x.com/ldraddic/status/1793757738859684013?s=46

She gets down to beat poetry :ma:

giphy.webp

♡︎ ⁺.⊹ ˖  𝓂𝓎 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓈 𝒾𝓃 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝒷𝓁𝓊𝑒 ₊˚. ♡︎