3. West Coast - 10/10

4. Guns and Roses - 10/10

5. Brooklyn Baby - 10/10

6. Sad Girl - 10/10

7. Shades of Cool - 9/10

8. Ultraviolence - 9/10

9. Florida Kilos - 9/10

10. Old Money - 9/10

11. Is This Happiness - 8/10 (don't listen to a lot)

12. Flipside - 8/10 (don't listen to a lot)

13. Cruel World - 8/10

14. Money Power Glory - 8/10

15. The Other Woman - 7/10

16. Fucked My Way Up to the Top - 7/10

**songs ranked 7-16 change sometimes in their ranking, but the top 6 stay the same

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

18 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

Ivory Almond's Official Ranking of Ultraviolence

1. Black Beauty - 10/10

2. Pretty When You Cry - 10/10

3. West Coast - 10/10

4. Guns and Roses - 10/10

5. Brooklyn Baby - 10/10

6. Sad Girl - 10/10

7. Shades of Cool - 9/10

8. Ultraviolence - 9/10

9. Florida Kilos - 9/10

10. Old Money - 9/10

11. Is This Happiness - 8/10 (don't listen to a lot)

12. Flipside - 8/10 (don't listen to a lot)

13. Cruel World - 8/10

14. Money Power Glory - 8/10

15. The Other Woman - 7/10

16. Fucked My Way Up to the Top - 7/10

**songs ranked 7-16 change sometimes in their ranking, but the top 6 stay the same

Ultraviolence Ranking

Flipside - 11/10

Fucked My Way Up To The Top - 11/10

Black Beauty 11/10

West Coast - 10/10

Brooklyn Baby - 10/10

Shades Of Cool - 10/10

Ultraviolence - 10/10

Cruel World - 9/10

Sad Girl - 9/10

Pretty When You Cry - 9/10

The Other Woman - 8/10

Old Money - 8/10

Florida Kilos - 8/10

Money Power Glory - 7/10

Is This Happiness - 7/10

Guns And Roses - 7/10

notes

Old Money would be higher if it had the drums.

1 minute ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

I regret swapping from Apple Music to Spotify and losing the masterpiece that is “is this happiness?”

if u want to listen to "Is This Happiness" on spotify, just activate the local files option in ur app, and then transfer ur computer files to it.

Captura-de-tela-2024-06-13-171723

Music Video Butterfly GIF by Beats4LA

𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐲, 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 

:worship: HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY TO THE ALBUM THAT CHANGED THE TRAJECTORY OF MUSIC :worship:

BTD was a cultural shift, but Ultraviolence cemented Lana's legacy in the public's eye as someone completely unafraid to follow her North star, express her art how SHE wants, and tell her story HER way even if other people think it's the wrong way (there's no wrong way to tell YOUR story). The critics and media had completely shunned her an inauthentic fraud who can't sing and she came back with an album that is nothing BUT authentic, ironic, and vulnerable! 

We talk about how Lana inspired Lorde, Bille, Olivia, etc all the time but it was UV that really paved the way for the gritty, raw, truly ANGSTY feminine ... 

One of the first Lana songs I heard was BTD (title track) and ... I was instantly lost in her vocals. I thought, who is this woman? Her voice is everything I need and everything I want. I must have listened to it 20 times in a row and loved the whole album. But, I was always (and still am) a rock girlie. I love classic rock, indie rock, heavy metal, etc more than anything else. SO, when Lana released UV it was like she made it for me :flutter: Lana's vocals were the best thing I'd ever heard in my life and now it was combined with electric guitar and moody production? It was love at first listen! :woot:

UV is probably the reason why even though most of my musical obsessions come and go in waves, I've stuck with Lana all these years and only fell more and more in love (despite her not really ever returning to that sound) :legend:

And as always, the visuals SERVED. Probably one of my favourite eras EVER for photoshoots, music videos, and looks. I still wish I was able to pull off the UV-style makeup. :makeup:

Here's my ranking (in UV colours)
Warning, potentially controversial :sluttybunny:, and things ranked the same aren't in order because that's impossible

Shades of Cool 10/10 (INCREDIBLE vocals)

Brooklyn Baby 10/10 

West Coast 10/10

Ultraviolence 10/10

Black Beauty 10/10

Old Money 10/10

Is This Happiness 10/10

Cruel World 10/10

Pretty When You Cry 10/10

Money Power Glory 9.9/10

Flipside 9.9/10

Fucked My Way Up to the Top 9.9/10
The Other Woman 9.9/10

Guns n Roses 7/10 (Iconic but don't listen)

Florida Kilos 7/10 (Iconic but don't listen)

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

1 hour ago, keps2013 said:

i need a long fat info post from Lindsey Lohan about UV stuff:eartha2:

Honestly I kinda feel like there's not a lot to say because pretty much everything has been said already in some form lemme dig and see if there's anything I could contribute...

Steam Community :: :: The Lindsay Lohan

10 years of the album that got me into lana :trisha3: its hard to remember how or exactly when it was that I started being a fan of hers ive gone through old phones and photos trying to find a set date but what I do know was I remember Money Power Glory and Fucked My Way Up to the Top being the first two songs of hers I had downloaded outside of the few BTD songs my mom had like Blue Jeans and Summertime Sadness :smile: I think I found them through Vine? idk its been so long but its crazy I remember listening to them and being like "wow this shit is on some other level and vibe" and seeing this edit of Cruel World and Off To The Races and not knowing what Cruel World was??? which is crazy cause thats like my #2 fav song right behind the MAGNUM OPUS that is Shades of Cool :true: still gives me chills the guitar solo is just so SINISTER sounding and the music video is one of her best if not her best the pool shots :cumming2: this album and era still feels mysterious to me I think its cause it had a lot less publicity and "content" compared to UV and I was there for the Honeymoon era and up so its like the only era that Im still learning new stuff about :oprah3: just an incredible record its so fucking moody and dark its overcast outside rn which is like perfect for this record the raw gritty unpolished unhinged melancholy nature of this album is still something else and I can't believe how young I was listening to this thinking that I like "got" it 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

31 minutes ago, Honeymoonwitch said:

So has Pantene said anything??? Come on diva where are you ???

yes i was in the shower earlier and my conditioner bottle whispered to me

'scrapped cruel world video exists'

SIX-925-F28-EF-3396-4432-B041-EEFD43-EF3

Spoiler

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

https://youtu.be/PSVjXS-yqS0?si=7atFHqnpcha5pCxi

Spoiler

I'm summoning pantene

Just now, Brooklyn Fetus said:

pantene dmed me this with "post this on the uv annivesary thread": "you taste like the fourth of july malt liquor on your breath my my"

maybe YCBTB reworked for uv?

I'M GONNA CRY#!!!!!! MY DARKEST DREAM OMFG 😭😭😭