Sign in to follow this  
FredRed

Patti Smith sings Summertime Sadness

Thanks for posting, Fred. My world's continue to collide!

Interestingly, the other artists she covered that show were Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix and Nirvana. As sung by an all time legend, that's not bad company to be in!

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/patti-smith/2024/brighton-dome-brighton-england-2b572c0e.html

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

i think lana is gonna be absolutely over the moon with this :flutter: wow. if you write like a living legend, sing like a living legend, are treated like a living legend and are revered by living legends... you're probably a living legend :wub:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

28 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

apparently patti said that this song reminds her of her dead husband :wowcry: she was crying while singing it

I know this isn't funny but I am still laughing. The image of Patti Smith singing Summertime Sadness and crying is more than I can process.

No disrespect. RIP

This is a HISTORIC moment in music :crying:

It makes me so happy that two amazing lyricists and singer-songwriters inspired by the Beat Generation appreciate each other's art.
This has literally made my day, Patti Smith is one of the most inspirational musicians I can think ... just beyond words :xcry:

Also I love her voice on this song. It adds sometime really special and sad I haven't heard on any other covers

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

I’m glad to learn that Patti Smith covered summertime sadness in Ireland. I think we can count another music legend among Lana’s fans. 

Joan, Bruce,  Patti, Courtney, Stevie….Lana has genuine fans  and admirers among the legends of folk, classic rock, punk, alternative, and contemporary music.