Elle

Zodiac

19 minutes ago, Anthony Applewhite said:

Omg I need this song in HQ asap… also why did she mention only three girls out of four?

because the leaked file is edited

3 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

genius.com says "so handsome"

https://genius.com/Lana-del-rey-zodiac-lyrics

yeah, it kind of sounds like that, but it doesn't make a lot of sense? idk, hopefully we have the hq some day

J7ydenn Lana Del Rey GIF - J7ydenn Lana Del Rey Honeymoon - Discover &  Share GIFs

dreaming away your life

55 minutes ago, aGlassShipThatCanFly said:

Do we know 100% that a HQ file of this is out there somewhere? I’m sorry but I need it more than Tough and Henry and the new mystery intro song combined:lange::nails:

i mean SOMEONE has to have the HQ file, if it’s circulating or not is the better question, and apparently it’s not

"Don’t forget me"

6 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

i mean SOMEONE has to have the HQ file, if it’s circulating or not is the better question, and apparently it’s not

POV delulu: maybe they just don't know if it's circulating or not because who has it hasn't said anything and they'll just post it for us cause they're nice :true:

LOL :crai:

J7ydenn Lana Del Rey GIF - J7ydenn Lana Del Rey Honeymoon - Discover &  Share GIFs

dreaming away your life

1 hour ago, aGlassShipThatCanFly said:

Do we know 100% that a HQ file of this is out there somewhere? I’m sorry but I need it more than Tough and Henry and the new mystery intro song combined:lange::nails:

Didn't a snippet leak in high quality?

This song is so interesting and the connection to the Candy Necklace music video makes it make so much more sense now...and how it fits with Ocean Blvd :oprah:

Also with Kintsugi and Fingertips too, all the songs about grief...I love Ocean Blvd the way it is but I think with Zodiac (and possibly other outtakes that may have been like it) it may have been an even more interesting album :oic3:

Also A&W "this is the experience of being an american whore" and the victims were sex workers :wowcry:

♡ 𝓵𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓭𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓴𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓾𝔂𝓼 𝓶𝓮 𝓬𝓲𝓰𝓪𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓼 ♡

I've been following this case since it surfaced in the late 90s. That he got away with it for decades is amazing; there have been numerous programs about it, often two-or-three-parters, on Oxygen and I.D. Discovery, as well as network news shows. 

But they've got him now. It was wonderful of Lana to write this tribute/memorial to the victims. 

Now we just need a HQ version. 

1 hour ago, fishtails said:

This song is so interesting and the connection to the Candy Necklace music video makes it make so much more sense now...and how it fits with Ocean Blvd :oprah:

Also with Kintsugi and Fingertips too, all the songs about grief...I love Ocean Blvd the way it is but I think with Zodiac (and possibly other outtakes that may have been like it) it may have been an even more interesting album :oic3:

Also A&W "this is the experience of being an american whore" and the victims were sex workers :wowcry:

doesn't the album cover reference natalie wood too? it feels like she had a super interesting theme for this album that was (somewhat) abandoned. now i need to go make an alternate tracklist...:runs:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

4 hours ago, fishtails said:

I was thinking about this last night! I really think zodiac would’ve tied together and create a clearer message for the album. I love candy necklace but zodiac would’ve fit perfect in between the two interludes and then put candy necklace after JB or if she scrapped JS interlude and put it there instead. I wonder if it was scrapped for candy necklace because her/her label was scared it would be controversial and not perceived well. Zodiac makes both candy necklace and A&W make more sense imo. It bridges the two together and explains more why she used the black dahlia in her candy necklace video.

maybe if zodiac was between the two interludes it would’ve been a great way symbolically going from the darker tone of JS then getting “purified” into JB which has a lighter happier tone. 

There’s a lot of similarities between A&W and zodiac, I think they both signify how society blames women for things like SA or just existing, and how society discredits women. I know prostitutes have a high homicide rate and just violence rate towards them in general unfortunately.  in the past (prob still happens) don’t get as much attention during investigations. This happens to other groups of people who are often looked down upon by society example homeless people, and become forgotten. The purify me line to me sounds like she’s saying maybe if she was more “pure” these things might not have happened. Not her viewing it in a slut shaming way, but more from the lens of how society thinks about it and how they say “well that’s their job they chose it, it’s their fault” instead of having empathy and giving attention to those women because their stories are just as important.

The ending where she names the victims and says walk straight keep your head up also kinda supports this. Also the line:

Shannan Gilbert I’m walking with you

is lana saying I didn’t and I won’t forget you even though society has moved on and forgot about you.
It’s more how society blames them and just sees them as just an American whore and nothing of value to pay attention to. It’s so sad :crai:

giphy.webp

♡︎ ⁺.⊹ ˖  𝓂𝓎 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓈 𝒾𝓃 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝒷𝓁𝓊𝑒 ₊˚. ♡︎

4 hours ago, 2022 said:

Didn't a snippet leak in high quality?

3 hours ago, Raise Me Up said:

It was fake

the reason we did get like one or two hq snippets and a lq file is prob from the seller with the hq file sending snippets to people he’s trying to sell the song to. 

The hq file is def out there, it’s just not yet trickled down to the less responsible Lipsters lol

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

To add on to the other thing I said...

"It was a very bad time for the year of the dancer
Her sun was in Venus, the moon was in Cancer"

+

"It was a very good year for the serial killer"

Are some of her most haunting lyrics ever.

It kinda insinuates that you can be in the wrong place at the wrong time based on where the stars are aligning, the antithesis to what she said in Lucky Ones. The juxtaposition between Frank Sinatra's pretty much innocent song and a serial killer is so interesting to me, because you never really know someone's intentions and sometimes all you can do is blame the stars because there's no other real reason to evil behavior. 

It's also interesting that Lana plays around with the idea of moral corruptness & "God's Divine Plan," practically begging to be "purified" so she doesn't end up like a statistic, relating to the innocent women who had their legacy stolen and stories sold to shows like Forensic Files -- kinda giving a piece of their story back to them by namedropping them and their innocence in connection with dancing.

Steam Community :: :: The Lindsay Lohan