Strangelove

How would you feel if LDR used AI for future music releases?

Tbh I wouldn’t be 100% opposed to it. 

I think AI can be another tool used in the music creation process, and artists sooner or later are going to start using it (eminem already used it in his video)

I think it just depends how it’s used. I wouldn’t want it to be used lazily as a way for her to not record, but if she recorded something and used AI to transform it I think that could be kinda cool 

"Don’t forget me"

Honestly I'm okay with AI visuals (if the idea was previously originated, and not totally AI) but not for original music

9 hours ago, ionut said:

is this even a thing?😭like are there artists that do that?

yes. most recently and notably that I can think of is drake using a tupac and snoop dogg AI in a diss against kendrick lamar lmfao :toofunny:

anyway if lana used AI id find it incredibly corny

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

you mean as in creating a song? hell no! but if it means she will no longer use picsart to create her covers i guess i wouldn't be too opposed since even ai would concoct something better than those hideous blue banisters era singles covers. hiring a professional will always be the best answer tho

in terms of music, no. AI just comes off as lazy imo. Lana is so passionate about the quality of her work, I’d be surprised if she ever used it. Preferably no AI from any artist, especially her. Her work is so personal AI could never create the art she does

492482-1.png

♡︎

absolutely not. 

SOPHIE • ARCA • SKY FERREIRA • YEULE • CHARLI XCX • WILL TOLEDO • JAMIE STEWART • CHELSEA WOLFE • YUNG LEAN • ECCO2K • NATURAL SNOW BUILDINGS • EARTHEATER • FIONA APPLE • BJÖRK • ANNA VON HAUSSWOLFF • KRISTIN MICHAEL HAYTER • RICHARD D JAMES • DEADMAU5 • MICHAEL GIRA • LIZ PHAIR • LANA DEL REY • TINASHE • FKA TWIGS • DEATH GRIPS • SNOW STRIPPERS • A. G. COOK • ETHEL CAIN • NICOLE DOLLANGANGER • KATIE JANE GARSIDE • SHYGIRL • BABYMETAL • CARLY RAE JEPSEN • PERFUME • BEYONCÉ • MACHINE GIRL • KILL ALTERS • RINA SAWAYAMA • A$AP ROCKY • FRIENDZONE • JOANNA NEWSOM • JANE REMOVER • UBOA • KATE BUSH • SARAH BONITO • SLAYYYTER • AYESHA EROTICA • CAROLINE POLACHEK • KELELA • DEVONTÉ HYNES • WEYES BLOOD • JULIA HOLTER • COCTEAU TWINS • TORI AMOS • HANNAH DIAMOND • FLORENCE WELCH • GIA MARGRET • SKULLCRUSHER • DEFTONES • KESHA • LORDE • BONNIE MCKEE • COBRAH • GOODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR • YUNG SHERMAN • SEA OLEENA • POPPY • DEAN BLUNT • DEAR NORA • T.A.T.U. • NAMASENDA • POISON GIRLFRIEND • TOVE LO • ZHEANI • ORTIES • BLADEE • AESPA • BANKS • ONEOHTRIX POINT NEVER • OTAY:ONII • TEAADORA • IMOGEN HEAP • ROSE MELBERG • 

6 hours ago, details said:

you mean as in creating a song? hell no! but if it means she will no longer use picsart to create her covers i guess i wouldn't be too opposed since even ai would concoct something better than those hideous blue banisters era singles covers. hiring a professional will always be the best answer tho

PLEASE THIS DRAG :lmao:

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

13 hours ago, TrashMagiq said:

AI could come up with more thought-provoking lyrics than those of Violets for Roses

funny u brought up that song cus I’m reminded of her commenting under a ai cover of paul mccartney covering violets for roses saying it’s better than the original or something along those lines… so I don’t think she’s opposed to it but I personally would think it’s absolutely a no-go. 

Who's to say she hasn't used it already?

tumblr_lxwvjoYZok1qm6msjo1_500.gif

I wouldn't be here for it. Lazy and corny 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

I don't think she would have a reason to do it, and if she did do it then it's probably for a good reason, it's not really my business to judge how she makes her music as long as it's fresh and sounds good

On 8/12/2024 at 9:31 PM, Strangelove said:

I would love if they were able to release an AI version of her voice for fans to use so I could hear her cover other songs.

this is such a stupid take no offence... a cover is not a song where you simply swap one's vocals for someone else... a cover is a singer's personal take on a certain song, sung and played through their own very personal lens/artistic vision.

what youre saying is essentially: i don't care about artistic agency, i just wanna hear this song sung by Lana Del Rey... 

meaning you dont see art as having an inherent value but just as a commodity to be used and discarded at any time. which is unfortunately how a lot of people view music lately...

I think it depends on how it's implemented. I wouldn't want to lose raw vocals or her actual songwriting (albeit, funny sometimes when she repeats words for fun. "i'm bluest as blue" or something funny lol) 

I think AI could be interesting if used in her case instrumentally, if she was trying to get a specific sound and didn't have a band. It'd actually be interesting to me to see how she'd work with it that way, rather than what you'd think with AI vocals and songwriting. Although, you have to consider writers may start using it for their songs that they sell. For example, Karma by Jojo Siwa was known to be from around 2011/2012 and she claimed to have re-written it, but let's be so fuckin for real, at some point those unused songs will eventually dry up at some point and songs "written" today by people or AI will be those that are circulating to new and upcoming artists. Lana herself has mentioned wanting to buy songs to sing by other writers and it seems Tough is one of those. We don't really know the writing experience of that song, other than it being passed around between her team of like 4-8 people that she's friends

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Perhaps we should differentiate between AI-generated lyrics and AI-generated sound.

Lyrics? Absolutely not.

And sound? It might not be so bad to find a new interesting melody with help of AI, but what I don't like is when the whole composition or production would be AI-generated.