Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I totally wouldn't mind an album built around HBTB's sound and kinda hope it's the direction she goes in with the next album.

me too, my favorite song, i hate how the bass is muffled tough, lift the covers off the bass and let it blow, Lana!!

BTD is the best Album she has and I want her to go back to that sound (my opinion)

I absolutely love Million Dollar Man live or studio. But the best version is her live when she changes the lyrics a little and says "I love you honey and for the very last time, I'm fine and I'm ready to go". I feel like it changes the mood from sad to more of an argument.

She comes off as extremely calculated and pretentious, but more so, I find her comments in interviews to be downright bpdish.

Comments like, "I wish I was dead already", "Music is second to me, I'm more focused on community service", "I don't care about visuals", girl who are you trying to fool?

She comes off as extremely calculated and pretentious, but more so, I find her comments in interviews to be downright bpdish.

Comments like, "I wish I was dead already", "Music is second to me, I'm more focused on community service", "I don't care about visuals", girl who are you trying to fool?

Why the fuck are you on here then?

lanarecolour01wtxt_zpsdjz4fkyq.png

Yeah she does sometimes, just another human being with issues, like alot of people. No one here knows Lana for real tho..

and then there's the whole, live up to your persona in music thing, the music business likes..

Most of the time her Born To Die performances are meh.

I don't mind her playing Carmen live, because I love the new live variation.

Even though I know she could never do it, i could live with setlist that do not feature Video Games.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I blasted her performance in Russia and I wanted to see again that performance in better quality to feel better about her show but I couldn't suffer through her set-list (especially the overdone BTD and Paradise songs) and her boring stage presence. I don't want to post anymore in the actual show threads to not spoil the experience of the forumers who still think that she is a good/watchable performer. In my opinion she's not and I don't have hope that she'll ever improve significantly live. Her latest interview, otherwise incredibly boring and calculated, surprised me regarding one thing: she said that she no longer has stage fright anymore. Strangely I'm kind of disappointed because I always hoped that she refuses live tv shows or performs badly sometimes because she's a pathologically shy performer and not because she's just another bad live singer. I still think that she's full of shit as usual and I'll believe what she said when I will see her again on live television.

I’m not as interested in flip-floppers

Unpopular opinion 1:

As for LDR's performance...  Given she is a writer first and a performer second I take very little offense at her imperfections, which others have often pointed out can be endearing relative to the typical pop juggernaut. I sometimes think she drops lyrics and cuts off her ooohs (see Freak at Moscow) just to prove she's not lip synching. However, I do wish the backup "singers" were more prominent and seemed less like they were lip synching to stems on some songs (Lolita?), although on the second part of the bridge to Freak (in Moscow), it seemed like they were actually harmonizing with her (but it's very fleeting). Hopefully, she's breaking them in and has more extensive plans for them later. 

Unpopular opinion 2:

Who needs TV and radio exposure when whole concerts are on youtube and all the streaming services, including the free ones, have her albums. Another thing that occurs to me is that the artist probably isn't paid much for either, as both types of exposure can be likened to commercials for the artist. By that logic, maybe it's the case that artists need to pay to be on TV shows?

Unpopular observation?:

Live Yayo was beautiful, but also a good example of the poetic licenses she takes with songs. It's about a friend in New Jersey, she now says, yet it's only 2 hours to Nevada by black motorcycle? I don't think it's even 2 hours by commercial plane. However, not criticizing, just pointing out lyrics can be fanciful about whatever situation has inspired it.