Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I hate the song "Damn you." The way it starts off, with no music in the introduction, just that bloody "I wont cryy myself to sleeep like a suckerr." It couldve had a introduction.

The hate stems from the fact i was listening to my playlist on full blast and my beautiful memory caused me to forget which song was next. Then it blasted in my ears and i almost died, it seriously irritated me haha.

lH7Zs6V.gif      

ok here's mine

1) i don't want to rifle through her personal life too much, it's not any of my goddamn business.

2) i find a lot of lana fans incredibly annoying (as in the team lana crap) 

3) i think it's bullshit when people 'prefer lizzy grant' - how fucking pretentious. 

4) i don't think lana's a queen, i hate royalty so i would never refer to her as that ;) 

4r9w86.jpg

I am not even remotely interested in finding out/knowing who K is. I don't understand this fascination. At all. What does that even mean to know who he is? Like, what, finding out his full name and what he looks like? Then what? What happens once you know? Would it make a difference if his name was, say, Kevin or Keith or, i don't know, Keenan? Or what if K is the initial of his last name? What if the K doesn't even pertain to his name, but rather is a reference to the guy's ketamine habit? What then? What about whether he had a shaved head or long hair? Short or tall? Black? White? Filipino? I mean, i can see a minor/passing interest in it, like, perhaps if someone came forth with a photo of him, it'd be interesting to look at for a minute. But i find this ongoing fixation to be totally perplexing and kind of pathological. 

Really? You wouldn't find it all interesting if you found out that Lana had actually been involved with someone sentenced to death row for double homicide, or at least understand why other people would? I do get where you're coming from as far as finding the fixation on this one question excessive, but I think K is really a proxy for untangling the web of mystery Lana has woven around herself, intentionally or not, about whether she really is singing about loves lost to death or incarceration and was involved in any of the sorts of trouble she alludes to but never fully reveals in her lyrics and interviews, or whether she is merely making up stories about her life as she sings in "Prom Song (Gone Wrong)".

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Really? You wouldn't find it all interesting if you found out that Lana had actually been involved with someone sentenced to death row for double homicide

Well, that's a fair point. But i feel that it's all hanging on this, whether or not that bit of speculation is fact or fiction, right? But the question is framed as "Who was/is he?" Is it an interest in him, in who he was/is (again, whatever that means) or an interest in whether or not Lana was involved with someone who was sentenced to death row for double homicide? Or, i guess, both. Maybe there's no real difference. I'm not sure why i see a distinction between the two. I would have to think about this more. I'm just not a fan of persistent mythology when the focus always comes back to one point. I suspect that a big part of obsession in general, of any kind, is the obsession itself.  

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

2. I am not even remotely interested in finding out/knowing who K is. I don't understand this fascination. At all. What does that even mean to know who he is? Like, what, finding out his full name and what he looks like? Then what? What happens once you know? Would it make a difference if his name was, say, Kevin or Keith or, i don't know, Keenan? Or what if K is the initial of his last name? What if the K doesn't even pertain to his name, but rather is a reference to the guy's ketamine habit? What then? What about whether he had a shaved head or long hair? Short or tall? Black? White? Filipino? I mean, i can see a minor/passing interest in it, like, perhaps if someone came forth with a photo of him, it'd be interesting to look at for a minute. But i find this ongoing fixation to be totally perplexing and kind of pathological.

Why aren't you fascinated, Monicker? It's obvious that once you find out who he is, you grow a unicorn horn and wings. Also, Lana will come to your house and give you a firm handshake like your pastor at church would and tell you she's just so proud that someone solved the mystery of her past love life. You must not be a real fan. Smh.

I don't care either. It's interesting but I'm not going to dig deep into that part of her life. Of course I'd read about it if info surfaced, but I won't go searching for it myself. 

3) i think it's bullshit when people 'prefer lizzy grant' - how fucking pretentious.

I can get how it'd be pretentious if someone went around all the time going "omg lizzy is so much cooler and better than lana," but when posed as an actual question, I don't see why it would be pretentious if someone said they prefer Lizzy. In a way, they're two different personas, two different styles, so I think it makes sense to prefer one over another. Of course it's the same person physically, and there's definitely still Lizzy in Lana, but there is a distinct difference I think. I myself prefer Lizzy.

14417469274.gif

2. I am not even remotely interested in finding out/knowing who K is. I don't understand this fascination. At all. What does that even mean to know who he is? Like, what, finding out his full name and what he looks like? Then what? What happens once you know? Would it make a difference if his name was, say, Kevin or Keith or, i don't know, Keenan? Or what if K is the initial of his last name? What if the K doesn't even pertain to his name, but rather is a reference to the guy's ketamine habit? What then? What about whether he had a shaved head or long hair? Short or tall? Black? White? Filipino? I mean, i can see a minor/passing interest in it, like, perhaps if someone came forth with a photo of him, it'd be interesting to look at for a minute. But i find this ongoing fixation to be totally perplexing and kind of pathological. 

Sounds to me like you think a lot about this :hillary:

http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/473-lanalysis-relating-songs-to-knownassumed-relationships/

Why aren't you fascinated, Monicker? It's obvious that once you find out who he is, you grow a unicorn horn and wings. Also, Lana will come to your house and give you a firm handshake like your pastor at church would and tell you she's just so proud that someone solved the mystery of her past love life. You must not be a real fan. Smh.

I don't care either. It's interesting but I'm not going to dig deep into that part of her life. Of course I'd read about it if info surfaced, but I won't go searching for it myself. 

I can get how it'd be pretentious if someone went around all the time going "omg lizzy is so much cooler and better than lana," but when posed as an actual question, I don't see why it would be pretentious if someone said they prefer Lizzy. In a way, they're two different personas, two different styles, so I think it makes sense to prefer one over another. Of course it's the same person physically, and there's definitely still Lizzy in Lana, but there is a distinct difference I think. I myself prefer Lizzy.

it's fine if people are referring to her music, i prefer a lot of the lizzy grant era stuff myself. but i was referring to those annoying 12 years olds. 

4r9w86.jpg

i actually like the btd diet mtn dew version

i love every version of lolita. favorite song ever

Yes! So I'm not insane? Or at least, I'm not alone. These two songs are my top 5 favourites from btd.

I would ask if either of you like the Dark Paradise album version but I don't want to push it.

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

Yes! So I'm not insane? Or at least, I'm not alone. These two songs are my top 5 favourites from btd.

I would ask if either of you like the Dark Paradise album version but I don't want to push it.

I love the album version of Dark Paradise. It was one of the first Lana songs that I heard and I still think that it's perfect. 

I hate the song "Damn you." The way it starts off, with no music in the introduction, just that bloody "I wont cryy myself to sleeep like a suckerr." It couldve had a introduction.

Well I love the song, it's grown on me quite a lot lately but I have to agree with you about the introduction. It's a lot louder than the rest of her audio and when it pops up on shuffle an you just here this really loud, annoying "I won't cryy myself to sleep like a sucker" it just sounds a bit annoying, I don't know why.

But it's a good song, particually the verses.

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

i actually don't think dark paradise is as bad as everyone thinks it is. its actually a good song. the radio one is.. not my "type". but yeah i do like the album one very much

tumblr_mfdm68imF11rr0s0uo1_500.png

i actually don't think dark paradise is as bad as everyone thinks it is. its actually a good song. the radio one is.. not my "type". but yeah i do like the album one very much

I love the album version too.

I look at that and the demo as 2 different songs, each of them is amazing in it's own way. :agree:

I think Yayo is really annoying, I don't like any version of it, the only reason I ever listen to it is because it puts the baby I nanny to sleep. I don't understand all the hype around Pawn Shop Blues & I HATE her voice in Body Electric especially from 3:30- 3:50, she sounds like my grandparents fucking. 

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

Sounds to me, Hillary, like you want to believe that i think a lot about this. I really don't though. It's just that one sees mention of it in threads all throughout the forum, it's unavoidable, even if, like me, one doesn't read Lanalysis :P. What i wrote was a reaction to the prevalence of this, not some sort of veiled attempt to deflect attention from my secret fixation with the subject. It's an unpopular opinion, i'm just playing the game. Is your dick ready 4 me in the D-A-R-K? 

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Sounds to me, Hillary, like you want to believe that i think a lot about this. I really don't though. It's just that one sees mention of it in threads all throughout the forum, it's unavoidable, even if, like me, one doesn't read Lanalysis :P. What i wrote was a reaction to the prevalence of this, not some sort of veiled attempt to deflect attention from my secret fixation with the subject. It's an unpopular opinion, i'm just playing the game. Is your dick ready 4 me in the D-A-R-K? 

Keep deflecting, secret stalker :hillary: