Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I think they also scrapped Without You as the original final song of BTD and also stripped down TIWMUG, something that she wasn't really a fan of, I'm not quite sure tho

ohh didn't know that about W.Y

i believe you're right. She doesn't like the Album version of TIWMUG (maybe thats why she has never performed it live? retaliation towards the label? :smokes3: )

yosemite is lanas best song

ohh didn't know that about W.Y

i believe you're right. She doesn't like the Album version of TIWMUG (maybe thats why she has never performed it live? retaliation towards the label? :smokes3: )

I guess, I think in a interview she told that she wasn't happy with the final version of TIWMUG, she wanted a more pop song like the demos but they made her change it to a more stripped down version like the rest of BTD, which sucks a lot because I really like that song and I would kill to hear it live, when she sang it acapella for the kids I almost screamed in class lol

8nl2OpX.png

I guess, I think in a interview she told that she wasn't happy with the final version of TIWMUG, she wanted a more pop song like the demos but they made her change it to a more stripped down version like the rest of BTD, which sucks a lot because I really like that song and I would kill to hear it live, when she sang it acapella for the kids I almost screamed in class lol

Totally not unpopular opinion but the demo versions TIWMUG are so much better. I really think her label + managers wanted her to come across as a really sad, moody, and glamorous singer, instead of a pop star. When she has tracks that stray away from that (EG- Without You, Lucky Ones, Lolita, TIWMUG) I think she is encouraged to scrape them/make them bonus tracks.

Totally not unpopular opinion but the demo versions TIWMUG are so much better. I really think her label + managers wanted her to come across as a really sad, moody, and glamorous singer, instead of a pop star. When she has tracks that stray away from that (EG- Without You, Lucky Ones, Lolita, TIWMUG) I think she is encouraged to scrape them/make them bonus tracks.

Wow I never thought about that tbh, and it's so obvious! Lucky Ones demo, Lolita and TIWMUG are very pop in some way, I never noticed how they pushed them towards the end of the album (and bonus tracks). TIWMUG has always been such a strange closing track. 

I really think her label + managers wanted her to come across as a really sad, moody, and glamorous singer, instead of a pop star.

My unpopular opinion is that I'm glad the label wanted that for the album. Pop is pop and Lana's BTD style is Lana's BTD legendary style; if they kept it pop, the album definitely wouldn't have been as iconic.

TIWMUG final remains one of her best songs, lyrically and production-wise. 

tumblr_ov81kxfRAq1t0t62zo1_500.gif

Wow I never thought about that tbh, and it's so obvious! Lucky Ones demo, Lolita and TIWMUG are very pop in some way, I never noticed how they pushed them towards the end of the album (and bonus tracks). TIWMUG has always been such a strange closing track. 

Also Lana has said before her music (mainly BTD) isn't that sad. It's more nostalgic, romantic, and sentimental. I mean remeber when people thought that video games was some super sad song, but it was really just lana being sentimental and nostalgic about a point in her life when she was happy. Same with Summertime Sadness, National Anthem, Diet Mountain Dew, Radio, ETC ETC. The bulk of her really sad music is on Ultra and Paradise. 

My unpopular opinion is that I'm glad the label wanted that for the album. Pop is pop and Lana's BTD style is Lana's BTD legendary style; if they kept it pop, the album definitely wouldn't have been as iconic.

I do appreciate the fact we have the demos and the final, you know. I like the fact that album stayed consistent, instead of having some random poppy songs then the very BtD-esqe songs. I just think it's interesting, I wonder what BtD would be like if Lana had 100% control over it.

you know, I really agree. A more pop inspired style just would have made BTD less iconic

I seriously need Roses Bloom For You.

I want it more than Yosemite.

The snippets we've heard bring me back somewhere and make me feel both happy and sad all at the same time.

The melody is so beautiful yet has such sad feeling.

God, it better leak soon. I really need it in my life. It sounds like my shit,

xMcVPI7.jpg

I feel like either Lana or the bootleggers need to release a box set of all Lana's unreleased music (including stuff we don't have). It would be dope to get all of her stuff, a la 2Pac's Evolution: The Definitive Collection.

giphy.gif

God this guy is just so f*cking stupid. None of these albums are even that long in comparance to LONG ALBUMS - and the Smashing Pumpkin collection think is just laughable(I hope that one's supposed to be a joke). Trashy twink with the attention span of a 9 year old who can't even cook fucking NOODLES

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

are you admitting to having yosemite or at least hearing it with this statement

Maybe so

These songs did not age well:

Carmen, G&M, Cruel World, UV, BB, TBD, Swan Song, Wtwwaw. 

Also - Fine China is an amazing lyrical work and I can't understand why it was never reworked and put on an album. It mystifies me. 

tumblr_lj6u4h4gsC1qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif