Beemo

Grimes

15 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

oh yeah true lol I forgot about that

but I think then it's a combination of her label and herself. like the response from her own audience hasn't been the best. shinigami eyes and player of games flopped hard so maybe it's also herself not really feeling the vibe anymore but wtf knows what's up with her. I don't have twitter so I ofter forget she's there posting things

all I know is that my hype is completely dead and I don't even bother to expect anything anymore :icant:

i have no idea why they flopped, they're amazing songs and both have amazing visuals. but she's never been hugely popular anyway so i hope she's smart enough to realise that her art isn't defined by popularity, she's too good of an artist to feel discouraged by such a thing 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

3 minutes ago, AfterHours Cocktails said:

maybe this means now that she isn't signed she can drop whatever she wants whenever, right?

we can only hope now lol

1 minute ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

does this mean the whole album is cancelled:oprah2:

probably bc I doubt she'll drop it herself but who knows with her :brandy:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 minute ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

we can only hope now lol

probably bc I doubt she'll drop it herself but who knows with her :brandy:

not book 1 no this cant be happening :lange:

2 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

not book 1 no this cant be happening :lange:

it's very weird bc apparently this contract was only for one album and she was supposed to go indie afterwards. this whole situation is giant a mess

on r/grimes they're speculating they dropped her bc she can't make her deadlines and I honestly 100% can see that :bebe:  like she said she was finishing the album when she got that facelift but she might as well could've just lied bc the fan base was asking her about new music all the time

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

3 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

it's very weird bc apparently this contract was only for one album and she was supposed to go indie afterwards. this whole situation is giant a mess

on r/grimes they're especulating they dropped her bc she can't make her deadlines and I honestly 100% can see that :bebe:  like she said she was finishing the album when she got that facelift but she might as well could've just lied bc the fan base was asking her about new music all the time

ugh yeah she is so messy, she's probably better off going independent though, but that just means we're going to end up with even messier rollouts and random singles dropping whenever she feels like. i guess we can kiss our expectations of an album goodbye then (unless it leaks)

Loved Miss A. 

You’ll miss me when I’m not around

4AM

Before The Fever

Delete Forever

Idoru

So Heavy I Fell…

Violence

Darkseid

:defeated:

An album. I just wish we had more MVs. Shame she’s being mishandled - I didn’t care for POG as a song, lyrics were comical (for me) and the vocals were too, but the MV was great. Shinigami Eyes however was a major bop for me. I hope she gets it together and releases new music soon!

6 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

ugh yeah she is so messy, she's probably better off going independent though, but that just means we're going to end up with even messier rollouts and random singles dropping whenever she feels like. i guess we can kiss our expectations of an album goodbye then (unless it leaks)

yes that's exactly why I'm scared of her going independent :defeated: I really wish she'd do a livestream explaining everything and coming clean to us

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

8 hours ago, Pale Fire said:

No bc shinigami & player both literally sounded like parodies :xgiggle: 

Hopefully she figures out how to serve again!

give us an anti-capitalist album with songs abt ur scumbag emerald mining ex !

I mean, I wish! but it's understandable if she needs to remain on good terms with the father of her children.  I want that for her too :/

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

if her new music sounds anything like the last 2 singles then she can keep it. and i stand by the fact that miss anthro is an awful mess, if you think it’s her best album you should be ashamed of yourself :uncomfortable:

tumblr_mxrgupWXRw1sdmzwwo1_500.gif

idk i thought faeries cum first was an amazing title and i was dying to hear it (despite disliking the last two singles). miss anthroposcene was an uneven but generally great album with some career highlights & i hope she releases more music eventually (i think she will tho who tf knows when).

aOaIzH2.gif