♡GagaOopsy♡

Lady Gaga

When I saw it coming together, I had a Born This Way déjà-vu but now that I see it in full... I think it's fantastic! Completely different to anything I've seen lately and very, very dynamic. I love the little details, such as the gazing ball mirroring parts the statue and the black and white stripes cryptically showing different angles. Not so sure if it's actually the same statue. I think it's a very courageous to leave common artwork aesthetics behind and take a completely different approach. Great work, cannot wait to see the rest of the artwork. :flutter:

THE ADRENALINE THAT WAS RUSHING THROUGH ME ON THE WAY HOME TO SEE THE COVER LORRRRRRDe

THE COVER ISEWF

SAC

DVVDVV

FVVQ 

ITS JUST SO FUCKING BEAUTIFUL I CANT EVEN COMPREHEND IT :eartha:

tumblr_mxtjryqQbT1r3azxeo1_500.gif

Guest Dot

Really excited for Gypsy! :grinds:

The cover is...well I'm disappointed with almost everything Gaga does besides her music. (Applause is an exception) I think it's upsetting to everything we've heard/seen so far. It's way to literal (mixing ART and POP and kind of doing reverse POPART). It's all over the place...The sliced letters. The sliced images...the only thing I like is the sculpture. The wig is a big no, because it was time for brunette Gaga to take the spot. But oh well. It's never how you imagined it and maybe that's a good thing, because I had no idea what to expect.

Guest Dot

tumblr_ls6xjtuFlm1qjncal.gif

It's true. Ever since the Alejandro video. That was when her art became too hard for me too understand.

The Judas video was amazing, but I didn't like the song that much.

Then...TEOG was announced as the next single and when I heard that there's going to be mermaids in the video I got really excited. In the end we got that mess of a video no one will ever remember.

Next single: Yoü and I. THE WORST song on the album AND the video...omg...no comment on that. Next single: Marry the Night, song was okay, a little generic but it was still a good song and good single choice. The video: a whole fucking mess the way it was edited, other than that it had great images and ideas but they were poorly sliced together.

BTWB: Well...Let's just say the concept of the Monster Ball was better.

ARTPOP: Applause the first single. The song literally sucks. Every other song we've heard so far is better than this. THE VIDEO, however is freaking awesome. It's really beautiful and I like that whole circus concept.

why couldn't this be the cover???????????? its so minimal, but still rather ~breathtaking imo 

lady-gaga-artpop-650-430.jpg

i like the actual cover except for the fonts; the colors are really beautiful and its eye-catching (which i guess is most important). but the cover above conveys way more artistry without being too *obvious* like the official one 

ZRBNill.jpg

tumblr_mu9cs9eunT1rbif4lo1_1280.jpg

Fake? (I hope so.)

tumblr_mu9cs9eunT1rbif4lo1_1280.jpg

Fake? (I hope so.)

well that has a similar font and it has the blue ball, maybe its a scrapped cover or the deluxe cover i hope not eww

I love this cover and I'm not a Gaga fan. I think is everything an album cover should be: interesting, get's attention on a shelf, well designed, relevant and is different from what we are seeing around. Is also cohesive with her album in a general thought.

I liked that she used her Fame image since makes me believe even Gaga knows that after that was a down hill road instead of up hill. I like the blue ball that looks like Minaj's fragrance as well. In the end of the day what is beautiful and interesting always helps you to sell and this cover is exactly that.

glgcDdT.gif

well that has a similar font and it has the blue ball, maybe its a scrapped cover or the deluxe cover i hope not eww

Those covers are blatantly fake and you can tell. It's messy and we've seen so many fan-made covers that look like that, especially with the image of the face we have definitely seen before. Also her body makes absolutely NO sense in that picture. People knew her legs were open by the preview and we all assumed the gazing ball was gonna be there.

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

I hope someone figures out the original pictures used for the collage and untags all the text because it's the only thing that brings it down for me. The splicing is too much.

I hope someone figures out the original pictures used for the collage and untags all the text because it's the only thing that brings it down for me. The splicing is too much.

It's a photograph of Bernini's Apollo and Daphne. First I thought it was Venus de Milo but it isn't.

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

Since she retweeted that NME interpretation I pretty much gave up on writing because everything has been said there, but I had a couple of thoughts in the meantime:

There seems to be the widespread notion that Gaga is employing her sexuality and physique as an advertisement poster, as many other female popstars do. Sexualisation in pop music is often cited as a bad influence on children trying to make sense of the world they live in. In my opinion, however, exposure of skin and body parts in the case of Gaga can hardly be seen as a particularly sexual act.While this may apply to many current female popsingers (not mentioning names), it is very wrong to accuse Gaga of selling her body for the sake of it.

In fact, there is barely anything sexual about the way she presents herself. When we look at the way she has progressed ever since The Fame in 2008, nudity has always been an element to the deformation she underwent, both as an artist and as the artwork itself. She herself, meaning her body and what she does with it, is her art in the first place. She is like a sculpture (ahem) that is ever-changing, carved by no-one but herself (and her collaborators, of course).

Being the total work of art she is, the music is part of it and not, as in the case of many musicians, the art itself. The fact that she is indeed her art makes her vulnerable to critics and those that try to be. What I'm trying to say is that the intention is not to be sexual, or sexy, but that nudity, which is ironically quickly interpreted as sexual (a little simple-minded, don't you think?), is a side effect of the creation itself, and not its purpose. Look at her arguably "crazy" outfits; as "nude" as they may be, they suggest something completely un-sexual. I am not saying that there haven't been moments in which she has attempted to be promisingly sexual, but those moments stay exceptional. 

Also, I don't have the impression that she buys into the spreading of stereotypical beauty norms/notions, as often argued by opposers of contemporary pop singers. In fact, she is subject to permanent deformation, deconstruction and distortion of said ideal. I don't want to list her gazillion outfits, but how do the majority of them draw on beauty stereotypes when they look like an art installation over at MoMA? She has repeatedly played with androgyny and portrayed herself as anything but typically female. If anything at all, she's pushing femininity forward instead of resting on the same old idea of what's female and what's not.

Something else I enjoy looking at is the amount of people ever since the release of Born This Way calling her pretentious and full of herself. With ARTPOP being a placative title, it is not hard to see that the album/project isn't any less ambitious than the oh-so pretentious Born This Way album. There have been plenty of occasions where I did raise an eyebrow at something she said, which sounded very over-the-top, but what I'm actually trying to say is the following: if you want to hate, then do it with correct numbers! I'd prefer to see no hate at all, but I cannot but be amused by the incorrect bullshit a lot people produce when attempting to sophistically hate on that dumb chick called Lady Gaga who calls herself the future of pop music and blatantly rips off all the legends that were before her. Funny, right? Well, the funny part to me is that the "pretentiousness" has been there since the very start. In my opinion, it's so hilarious how all the "pretentiousness" has only been noticed by those... very very sophisticated people and their fine-tuned artsy sensors with the emerge of Born This Way. For Christ's sake, she's been blabbing the same stuff since the beginning of her commercial career. Call it pretentious, if you want, but please widen your horizon by looking to the very beginning of her career which now - more than ever - justifies her ARTPOP theory. People look at such narrow time frames and miss out on so many things they could hate her for which basically proves how stupid they really are. 

Something else I enjoy looking at is the amount of people ever since the release of Born This Way calling her pretentious and full of herself. With ARTPOP being a placative title, it is not hard to see that the album/project isn't any less ambitious than the oh-so pretentious Born This Way album. There have been plenty of occasions where I did raise an eyebrow at something she said, which sounded very over-the-top, but what I'm actually trying to say is the following: if you want to hate, then do it with correct numbers! I'd prefer to see no hate at all, but I cannot but be amused by the incorrect bullshit a lot people produce when attempting to sophistically hate on that dumb chick called Lady Gaga who calls herself the future of pop music and blatantly rips off all the legends that were before her. Funny, right? Well, the funny part to me is that the "pretentiousness" has been there since the very start. In my opinion, it's so hilarious how all the "pretentiousness" has only been noticed by those... very very sophisticated people and their fine-tuned artsy sensors with the emerge of Born This Way. For Christ's sake, she's been blabbing the same stuff since the beginning of her commercial career. Call it pretentious, if you want, but please widen your horizon by looking to the very beginning of her career which now - more than ever - justifies her ARTPOP theory. People look at such narrow time frames and miss out on so many things they could hate her for which basically proves how stupid they really are. 

She was also so much more of a stuck-up bitch about her art in the beginning--not because that's how she really is, but because it suited her image as an emerging star doing nothing but commenting on fame left and right. It was always part of the appeal for me, the way she'd tell a dumb interviewer "you're wrong" or imply that they are less artistic than her. She's honestly just a funny ass woman. It manifested differently in Born This Way but huge ambitious concepts are kind of her thing any way you slice it.