Pretend

Kylie Minogue

she reeeeally does love to take multiple personalities… first on Confide In Me, then on Did It Again and now here… I like the video, seems a little cheap but I think it’s on brand for her (she has always been a little camp and that’s part of her appeal for the gays) 

Reminds me of Your Disco Needs You MV but better 

6 hours ago, Anonymcomenter said:

she reeeeally does love to take multiple personalities… first on Confide In Me, then on Did It Again and now here… I like the video, seems a little cheap but I think it’s on brand for her (she has always been a little camp and that’s part of her appeal for the gays) 

Reminds me of Your Disco Needs You MV but better 

I agree, but I don't think it looks cheap though, except the red haired animation maybe. 

Love it. Like a best of previous MVs. I could recognize elements of your disco/confide/did it again, as you said, and GBI and giving you up (the giant) plus references to her showgirl era. 

It was expensive watch it 

On 9/2/2023 at 5:55 PM, Sis said:

The Tension music video and song is everything! :makeup:

True. And I love the colored CD Single artwork of it ❤️

Btw, a friend of mine thought the Spotify vinyl was sold out already, just in case someone wants it - it's still there: https://music.kylie.com/product/115341?password=TENSIONSFFLP&choose_location=1 

I'm in love with the photo shoot for Rolling Stone UK. Had to order a copy. 

The artworks of this era are too hard to resist 🙈 I am proud though I ordered only these so far and not everything 😂

Collage-20230909-070731.jpg

Collage-20230728-173702.jpg

I got four variants in total to switch colors and to keep those... 

Collage-20230919-183932.jpg

... And sell those 🙈
Collage-20230919-184042.jpg

So happy I managed to get a signed tension CD, too. Fnac and Jpc still got some! 

1 hour ago, ultrabanisters said:

one thing about kylie she knows when she needs to serve pop princess none of that “ive outgrown my sound” she knows what we want and she serves it well

I love though how much "darker" the singles and outtakes of Tension sound, compared to her more recent previous stuff. Reminds me of sleepwalker, and also a bit of Body Language and Kiss Me Once. Exactly what I wanted. Cannot wait for Friday. 

On 6/19/2013 at 10:57 PM, Pretend said:

I had very high hopes for the new album. The first two singles were fire, and I thought Kylie would put out a bunch of bangers and cement herself as the literal pop queen. 

But, on a first listen, I realized that the singles are really well chosen, and there's nothing that comes close to their brilliance. It's a very by-the-books, sugary, disco-ish Kylie record. 

10 minutes ago, Dum-Dum said:

i kinda h*te it……was not expecting it to be so eighties inspired. hands is fun though

Right? It's like Kylie generated by A.I.

Where's the brilliance of Padam Padam and Tension? Hands is fun, true. Third single most likely. 

I don't think this music was meant to be listened to sober, bc it's just laughably cringe...I'll try again when I'm drunk :runs:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

35 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

ngl her music is laughably bad

me and my sister were laughing our asses off when padam padam and tension came on in the radio  

:lmao: can't wait to hear yours and your sisters pure musical genius album slay

I think the outtakes fitted better, but that’s already a staple with Kylie as we know… justice for Running

My Top 3: 

1.      Vegas High 

2.      Tension 

3.      Things We Do For Love 

its not bad at all, but nothing breathtaking either… a very OK album on first listen, maybe I will be hooked later 

Kylie, how could you do this to us?! :trisha: This sounds more like The Infinite Disco Guest List Edition Remix Album: The REUP!

"Ten Outta Ten" gives Erika Jayne's "Drip Drop" vibes :hillary::beyonce::

Also, for some reason, it's unavailable in America on the YouTube "releases" playlist, but viewable through her personal "Tension" playlist :um2:...

My favorites are: TENSION, Things We Do For Love, & Vegas High :worship:.

Honorable Mention to Love Train, a possible camp/cringe grower bop, her Nu-Locomotion of you will :ma:. I like a lot of the visualizers for this record