Pretend

Kylie Minogue

Omg you make me nervous now. Haven't listened yet as my copy didn't arrive yet. I expected it to be like the singles and outtakes, don't wanna get an 80ies inspired disco album 😭🙈 critics seem to rate it high though. 

Btw, it's so crazy, she has a pop up store in London with special items like an exclusive vinyl and lithographs. Of course, the resellers again. The vinyl is offered between 250-800 Euro on ebay, a Litho for 800.

It was expensive watch it 

People who expected a "cool" album will definitely be disappointed. Leakers already warned us that we shouldn't expect an album full of Padams and Tensions, so with my expectations kept in line, I actually quite enjoy it. Vegas High, Things We Do For Love and You Still Get Me High are all amazing, Hold On To Now and Somebody To Love are great too, and the singles obviously are career highlights. Love Train is awful, but considering it was produced by the same person that committed the crimes that were Golden and Disco, that was to be expected. Some songs sound a bit too Schlager/Disco 2.0 for my taste, but overall it's enjoyable and well produced. If nothing else, at least Kylie delivered her best album since 2014 and we can now collectively forget Disco ever happened.

I'd give it a solid 7.5/10 for now and hope we'll get more icy, "cool" songs à la Padam and Tension for the inevitable re-release.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I’m glad I listened to all the snippets before the album dropped cause I would’ve probably been expecting more songs in the vein of Padam Padam and Tension and would’ve been disappointed. The album’s cute but I do really wish she went for a harder club sound for the entire album, that would’ve been So good. Perhaps the success of Padam Padam will steer her in that direction for the next one.

qfrWuBl.png

6 hours ago, TrashMagiq said:

I’m glad I listened to all the snippets before the album dropped cause I would’ve probably been expecting more songs in the vein of Padam Padam and Tension and would’ve been disappointed. The album’s cute but I do really wish she went for a harder club sound for the entire album, that would’ve been So good. Perhaps the success of Padam Padam will steer her in that direction for the next one.

it's kinda nasty tho to put out two singles in a hard club sound, and then have the rest of the record sound like Disco's throwaway tracks/B-sides. 

I feel fooled. Thank god i didn't buy it physically

15 hours ago, BartenderDeco said:

our musical duo would end kylie’s career!

no offence but i don't think kylie's 30 year old career and global success is going anywhere anytime soon.

especially not because of you and your sis.

5 hours ago, barttttender said:

no offence but i don't think kylie's 30 year old career and global success is going anywhere anytime soon.

especially not because of you and your sis.

@BartenderDeco and their sister rn: 

624f5af7625681001819a727?width=1000&format=jpeg&auto=webp

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

4 hours ago, BartenderDeco said:

you’re taking this way too seriously :rip:

i just think trashing a literal icon the way you do with Kylie is uncalled for.

she has as big of a fanbase as lana does. How would you feel if someone said they were laughing their asses off at lana's two singles off of OB?

like, you don't have to like it. But don't drag the woman down like that. Especially not a woman who's been around for 3 decades, has solidifies her status over and over, and still has massive hits. Show a little respect

🏻

2 hours ago, Mer said:

@BartenderDeco and their sister rn: 

624f5af7625681001819a727?width=1000&format=jpeg&auto=webp

😂😂😂

15 hours ago, barttttender said:

it's kinda nasty tho to put out two singles in a hard club sound, and then have the rest of the record sound like Disco's throwaway tracks/B-sides. 

I feel fooled. Thank god i didn't buy it physically

😔 I agree. Especially as some of the leaked, unreleased tracks would have sounded amazing in combination with tension and padam. (Running, Vegas Baby (why on earth include Vegas High instead of it???), Eyes on You are so amazing, and Drum and Hello are pretty cool, too) 

I so wanna love the album because of the singles and stunning artworks, lol. Her best in decades. The visuals and lyric videos for the songs are so fabulous. 

I quite like her recent vocals though (Disco and Tension). Since she started to edit them herself, I like them much more. 

Listening to vinyl on it right now, trying to fall in love 🙈 maybe I will. I also didn't like track 2 and 3 in the beginning and changed my mind, so... 

I'm shocked at how gloomy the reception is here for the album. I think Tension is one of her absolute best releases in quite some time, and it's very palatable compared to Golden and Disco.

I personally skipped Disco but I'm digging this one a lot! Tension is my morning getting ready playlist while Starfucker is my down and dirty end of the day playlist. 

6 minutes ago, Speed Driving Coconuts said:

I'm shocked at how gloomy the reception is here for the album. I think Tension is one of her absolute best releases in quite some time, and it's very palatable compared to Golden and Disco.

I personally skipped Disco but I'm digging this one a lot! Tension is my morning getting ready playlist while Starfucker is my down and dirty end of the day playlist. 

The thing is that as a long term fan I have been waiting for her for years to go into the direction of padam and tension with an album (like getting the gloomy sleepwalker with better vocal production, including a bit of body language attitude and kiss me once vibes). So I was super happy and had big hopes. Not saying it's a bad album, but I expected something I wanted for years and now I'm a bit disappointed for not getting it 🙈 I guess that's how many here feel. Maybe helps to understand. 

(I also got very excited about Golden back then as I heard it would be country, which I love, and then it was so much pop. But now I am perfectly happy with the demo and unreleased leaks of the Golden era, these are perfect 😂

Daaaamnnn, this album was really really bad.

The moment she announced the album cover I knew it had a weird vibe. I expected something basic. Then she put out Padam Padam and Tension, which are some of her best songs ever. I was impressed and celebrated the fact that at her age, she would still push boundaries and make such daring pop music. Tension in particular an extremely creative song.

However, it was all like a fever dream, because the final product ended up being boring, basic, repetitive and most importantly uninspired. One More Time is one of the worst offenders here, with terrible and annoying instrumentation and melodies -- it's an instant skip. The following track is no better; You Still Get Me High is simply horrible, and that tempo switch for the chorus did not serve the way they thought it would. Things We Do for Love, Hands and Green Light are not bad but still boring and definitely the most basic songs in the tracklist. It's exactly the type of songs writers and producers make for a pop singer in their 50s. She tried a little bit in Vegas High, but the fact that it's so repetitive totally ruins it. 

Out of all album tracks, the only salvation is Hold On to Now. It's another "euphoric anthem", a classic sound from her, although its placement as track 2 is weird. Story is okay.

It's easily a 3/10.

On 9/23/2023 at 2:32 PM, PARADIXO said:

Daaaamnnn, this album was really really bad.

The moment she announced the album cover I knew it had a weird vibe. I expected something basic. Then she put out Padam Padam and Tension, which are some of her best songs ever. I was impressed and celebrated the fact that at her age, she would still push boundaries and make such daring pop music. Tension in particular an extremely creative song.

However, it was all like a fever dream, because the final product ended up being boring, basic, repetitive and most importantly uninspired. One More Time is one of the worst offenders here, with terrible and annoying instrumentation and melodies -- it's an instant skip. The following track is no better; You Still Get Me High is simply horrible, and that tempo switch for the chorus did not serve the way they thought it would. Things We Do for Love, Hands and Green Light are not bad but still boring and definitely the most basic songs in the tracklist. It's exactly the type of songs writers and producers make for a pop singer in their 50s. She tried a little bit in Vegas High, but the fact that it's so repetitive totally ruins it. 

Out of all album tracks, the only salvation is Hold On to Now. It's another "euphoric anthem", a classic sound from her, although its placement as track 2 is weird. Story is okay.

It's easily a 3/10.

Damn who hurt you lmao

https://music.kylie.com/product/122639

Download of the album incl. "drum" and "heavenly bodies" plus the three deluxe tracks (6 EUR only) 

Still not getting why drum, eyes on you, Vegas baby and running (and tears of joy and hello as bonus tracks) were not included to the album. 🙈