lola

Taylor Swift

Too stressed to listen to the album honestly :bebe: I think I'll listen to it next week. I only listened to a short snippet of Clean TV and I quite liked it.

But people here think that the album is shit compared to the original? And the vault tracks are too Midnights-y?

url%5D

6 minutes ago, Embach said:

Too stressed to listen to the album honestly :bebe: I think I'll listen to it next week. I only listened to a short snippet of Clean TV and I quite liked it.

But people here think that the album is shit compared to the original? And the vault tracks are too Midnights-y?

my biggest gripe is that the songs just sound empty. like, theres no oompf. sounds like typical jack production lol

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

58 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

my biggest gripe is that the songs just sound empty. like, theres no oompf. sounds like typical jack production lol

get a grip, apart from the vault tracks jack only produced 3 tracks - and theyre arguably the 3 best recreations of the bunch

image.png

I haven’t listened with headphones yet but I’m actually impressed. Shake It Off sounds so much better. You Are In Love is nice, the rest sound almost identical. I like the vault tracks too. So much better than Red TV in terms of faithfulness, and so much more memorable than Speak Now TV

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

55 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

get a grip, apart from the vault tracks jack only produced 3 tracks - and theyre arguably the 3 best recreations of the bunch

Agreed 👍🏻 !!! I have yet to listen to the vault tracks, but the OG 1989’s weakest tracks were the Jack ones and now, they’re incredible!

Do we know why Shellback only came back to produce Wildest Dreams TV? I wonder if there was something Christopher Rowe and his team couldn’t replicate so they needed his help…

Review of 1989(in comparison to the OG) as a certified long term fan:

Welcome to NY - 8/10, very faithful to the original, production sounds better. Though the vocals do have a weird filter to it at certain times

Blank Space - 9/10 surprised at how faithful it actually was, it sounds very good! They're are a few times where she puts on a weird accent, but whatever.

Style - 0/10. Oh my god. She fucked this up so badly. She needs to spend those billion bucks on fixing this song. The production is no where near the same as the og, and the guitar is so flat and dead. Her voice has weird filters AND the weird accent. She sounds drunk while singing, and it just sounds off. I will be streaming the original, sorry not sorry!

Out of the woods - 7/10, the production is obviously faithful since she still has access to Jack, but some of her words sound warped and weird, though no filters were used on her voice so its not that bad.

All you had to do was stay - 8/10, the production and the way she delivers sounds pretty much the same, just some filters flowing in and out. Not to noticeable though.

Shake it off - 3/10. Not surprised, big max martin numbers like this are going to be screwed up. She sounds very drained and bored while singing, which to an extent I understand, but she doesn’t sound like this while live. A weird accent is put on, and the bridge sounds kinda weird, the muffle effect going in and out. Will be streaming the original.

I wish You would - 10/10. Very faithful! She sounds the same as the original, and so does the production! No notes, perfection. I think it even sounds better than the original, she really put everything into it!

Bad Blood - 2/10. Some how, the way she delivers is worse than Style. Her voice has all these weird autotune filters and in the beginning she sounds SUPER strained. The production is pretty good I’d say, but all of the weird filters on her vocals makes it sound bad. Streaming the original.

*skipping wildest dreams since we have alr heard it*

How You Get The Girl - 8/10. Again, the weird filters. They are very heavy in the opening and the bridge. She does have a weird accent at times, but I don’t think it sounds to different! Pretty good.

*skipping this love*

I know places - 9/10, she was so close to a 10. When she sings “I-I-I” theres an echo that I don’t like, it just is not it. And when she puts the recording in in the beginning, it’s not as emphasized. Other than that, I think it sounds as good as the og, even better! This song works with her mature vocals a lot.

Clean - 4/10. The production is perfect, no notes. But she sounds like she is singing underwater. In the bridge she sounds awful. From the accent to the weird filters, It sounds very bad. It doesn’t even sound like her. Probably will listen to the og, might let this grow on me.

Wonderland - 8/10, something is off that I can’t place at certain times, and she has the weird accent and filters at some points. Other than that, it sounds pretty faithful, a tad weird.

You Are In Love - 10/10. Perfect. She sounds super good and it is better than the original. The way she delivers isn’t weird and I wish it was like this for all of the re-recordings. The mature vocals sounds exceptionally better. 

New Romantics - 9/10. I think that it sounds good to be honest. The weird filter is on her voice at some points, but for this song I think it works. It sounds pretty faithful, but the original is tremendously better.

I’ll do vault tracks in a second, lmk what you think.

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33

VAULT TRACKS RANKING; LYRICS, PRODUCTION, SUBJECT MATERIAL, 1989 SOUND:

Slut! - 10/10. Production reminds me of clean, and the way she wrote this and list things reminds me of blank space a bit. She sounds super good in this and the production is great. This sounds like 1989 to me, not midnights-y. The way she screams slut in the background at the end is super cute to, and I rlly like it!

Say don’t go - 7/10. Production does sound relatively like 1989. Not on the nose, but it is still good in my opinion. The lyrics are on par with 1989, though a bit obvious. Not her best, not her worst, though there are some exceptionally good lines that fit in with the flow. The subject material is kind of obvious if we are being honest. I understand why it was left in the vault.

Now that we don’t talk - 10/10. This is my second fav vault song, and some people may think this sounds like Midnights but I don’t think so. It sounds more like how she described 1989, the 70s influences. The lyrics are super fucking good! They have amazing imagery and it’s just so good. They explore all the right things, and follow the structure very well. The subject material is very interesting, because I think it’s about a certain scarf stealer. At first when she mentioned long hair, I thought of Harry Styles, but no. Jakes hair was sort of long around this time as well. What really pushed me over the edge was when she said, “I don’t have to pretend I like acid rock, Or that I’d like to be on a mega yacht.” In the vain of “I bet you think about me” because she is calling him a rich snob. It also reminds me of begin again a bit, not having to worry about this.

Suburban Legends - 6/10. The lyrics are very good, but not the best in her career. It does have a fun tongue and cheek to it, but the production is bad. It doesn’t feel like it fits the song, and this sounds very Midnights inspired. The subject material isn’t very original either, she probably could have come up with something better. Reminds me of you are in love a bit, I don’t know if this is a scenario in her mind, or if it’s about someone else. It’s kind of a pop version of timeless so…

Is It Over Now - 8/10. This is my favorite vault track and I personally would rank it 10/10, but I can’t here due to the criteria that I laid out. The lyrics are phenomenal and call back to things that we know about her relationship with Harry, it’s the best of the vault lyrics. The subject material is so fucking good. The reason I don’t mind the midnights sound is because this is the song that inspired “…Question?” in my mind. In the beginning it’s very midnights-y with the whole distorted ordeal, but that’s a call back to her sampling out of the woods on …question?. This whole song is 100% about Harry, and it becomes VERY clear when she says “Blue dress on a boat”. Theres an in-famous picture of her on a boat in a blue dress looking sad as hell, after her break up with Harry. This song also calls back to “All you had to do was stay” when she says “you dream of my mouth before it called you a lying traitor”. I find it funny that AYHTDWS was inspired by a dream, and she says the same thing here, in a more metaphorical sense.

Great job 2012-2014 Taylor

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

1 minute ago, Nectar Of The Puss said:

WHERE IS IT

https://open.spotify.com/album/1o59UpKw81iHR0HPiSkJR0?si=zmdYrjPkRAaxcbqdNHSq-g

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

Alright, the vault tracks are very meh to me :tsk: None sounds bad per se, but my fave is Say Don’t Go, and it’s really not one of her best vault tracks IMO. All the others sound the same, like Jack wanted to « imitate » Max Martin. Maybe my expectations were too high (1989 is one of her Crown Jewels in her discography, she said it was her fave re-recording, and with a song titled Slut! , it’s hard not to be excited), and maybe a few listens will change my perception of them. 

i really love the album’s re-recording though (but keep in mind I’m not a die-hard Swiftie and was only a casual listener until very recently)

but if Swifties love them, who am I to judge and enjoy, my darlings :kiss2: 

(I know we read a lot on LB that Lana should move on from Jack, but to me, Taylor needs to switch it up by bringing someone else on board :oic2:)