lola

Taylor Swift

She broke the record for biggest debut on Spotify this year in less than 12 hours. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Mer said:

She broke the record for biggest debut on Spotify this year in less than 12 hours. 

OMG?! where is the proof i dont have social media and everything makes you sign in to interact

i saw the billboards article and the 12498290 ads they have that make their site look fake

Edited by lanasozempicpen
found it

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

Ok i caved in and listened this morning :crai:

It’s not for me:air2:  It’s giving whole foods. It’s giving gluten free aisle in Target. It’s giving female Ed Sheeran. When I started at the first track i really actually liked it. Fortnight is by far my fav on the album. But it went downhill fast. It feels so soulless and stale. Like it’s trying to reach this emotional crescendo but never actually goes anywhere. Where’s the bops? At no point was i unconsciously paying attention and experiencing the music. I had to force myself to finish. I let the whole album play from the first track and i had to stop and rewind because i realized i wasn’t paying attention for 20 minutes :toofunny: I did this twice :toofunny: I for the life of me cannot see any personality in it. To be fair this is kind of how i experience every Taylor Swift album. But at least in other ones theres SOMETHING that grabs my attention. Even MIDnights had moments like Karma and Bejeweled where it turned catchy at the very least. Swifts songwriting and song structure just doesn’t appeal to me. When I listen to BTD or UV, i’m grabbed the entire album by different moments and sounds and lyrics. When i listen to NFR and Ocean Blvd i’m taken back by the beauty and the instrumentals. With Taylor Swift i struggle to stay awake :deadbanana: and at worst there’s songs that genuinely cause pain. Like Shake it Off, Me!, Out of the Woods, Look What You Made Me Do etc. I can at the very least compliment this album for not having any ungodly horrific moments that hurt my ears. It was just all very boring.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

Maybe it was discussed a 100 pages ago but did she really devour the holier than thou Swifties who said she shouldn’t date Matty with But Daddy I Love Him? I’m finally getting around to reading lyrics and I’m gagged. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

29 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

yeah might be an unpopular opinion but the album is kinda mid… plus why she still talking about kim?? girl get over it :adele:

I’ve narrowed the album down to 16 tracks from both parts and it became very good. But 31 songs with minimal production, all about the same period of time… It’s bound to get repetitive at some point. Many lyrics will need time to sink in, but I must admit there are some cringey lines in there.

as for the Kim feud, I wasn’t even aware what it was about: I had to check it up on Google. TayTay, get over it indeed!

5 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

Maybe it was discussed a 100 pages ago but did she really devour the holier than thou Swifties who said she shouldn’t date Matty with But Daddy I Love Him? I’m finally getting around to reading lyrics and I’m gagged. 

She apparently disses at her fans on a couple of tracks, according to this GQ article 👀 https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/taylor-swift-the-tortured-poets-department-diss 

thinking about those people in here that came for the leak listeners and saying its bad for numbers... while this album got most streams on release day in half the day... yall clowns for bitching :true:

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

11 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I’ve narrowed the album down to 16 tracks from both parts and it became very good. But 31 songs with minimal production, all about the same period of time… It’s bound to get repetitive at some point. Many lyrics will need time to sink in, but I must admit there are some cringey lines in there.

as for the Kim feud, I wasn’t even aware what it was about: I had to check it up on Google. TayTay, get over it indeed!

She says no

51 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

yeah might be an unpopular opinion but the album is kinda mid… plus why she still talking about kim?? girl get over it :adele:

I don’t think it’s an unpopular opinion considering half the internet is dragging her and this record through the mud 

its interesting to think how this record might have been perceived if Taylor wasn’t simultaneously one of most loved/hated stars on the planet. Like I don’t think it’s truly possible for most people to give an opinion good or bad that isn’t at least a little bit influenced by whether you’re over her or still here for her. 

And like totally disregarding the music, it was clear the polarized reaction it’s getting was obviously what was going to happen with this record the moment it was announced. 

2 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

the numbers this is doing is insane

also my thoughts on where taylor is at in her career right now are pretty much summed up in this:

https://x.com/musicstruggles1/status/1781308678039077250?s=46 

I agree, however I don’t think she’s gonna stop working with Jack 😭

most tracks of TTPD part sounds better for me after second/third listen but still i find album kinda needing more time. TA part is definitely better. i think i'm gonna blast album after week/two weeks. 30+ songs are too much tho.

I lowkey don't really care for the first half of the album, i got through the first 11 tracks and felt exhausted. Idk why, it just feels like she's singing about not really anything and the instrumentations don't really give much to me right now. Maybe it'll take more time but comparing it to Midnights is the worst take I've read, it shares almost no similarities to Midnights, it just sounds to me like a lowkey album again like Folklore/Evermore era. I still need to hear the other 20 tracks so there's that, at least. This is also coming from someone who really liked Evermore and Midnights both, so I'm trying to like it as its own album and somehow my mind keeps comparing it to other albums by her that I've read people compare it to on twitter, here, and reddit. 

just my take for now. i'm sure i'll listen and like more tracks later. also, the beginning of so long london has that weird backing vocal choir thing at the beginning that sounds similar to a song i hated on midnights so im hoping i like it eventually better later

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 hour ago, Venice Biotch said:

idk how anout you but i like the anthology tracks better than the standard ones

Is it possible to buy this outside US? Only saw it on her official US site, available only to US customers. (Sorry if this has been asked before - so many posts 😅

It was expensive watch it 

I don’t understand the uninspired take…she sounds so emotional and this entire album feels very different from her discography. In fact I think part of why I like the first half more is the second half is a bit too folkmore.

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・