lola

Taylor Swift

Haven’t listened yet but plan to when it comes out tonight. Disappointed to hear though that this album doesn’t reflect her Folkmore albums; I thought she had a really great thing going with those lyrically and musically. What a shame to hear Midnights is possibly worse than Lover. The only track I really loved on Lover was False God. I enjoyed Rep and 1989 but Folkmore in my opinion (along with Red TV and ten min All Too Well) is where she shined. Seems she took some steps back based on comments I’ve been hearing…But yeah I’m setting up to be largely unsatisfied when listening time comes :-/

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

6 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

hits different

have you heard it? 

Spoiler

was the "she calls me daddy daddy daddy" lyric real or fake I NEED to know. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

18 minutes ago, maysparkle said:

Haven’t listened yet but plan to when it comes out tonight. Disappointed to hear though that this album doesn’t reflect her Folkmore albums; I thought she had a really great thing going with those lyrically and musically. What a shame to hear Midnights is possibly worse than Lover. The only track I really loved on Lover was False God. I enjoyed Rep and 1989 but Folkmore in my opinion (along with Red TV and ten min All Too Well) is where she shined. Seems she took some steps back based on comments I’ve been hearing…But yeah I’m setting up to be largely unsatisfied when listening time comes :-/

idk who said midnites is worse than lover but they lied major

43 minutes ago, maysparkle said:

there’s no way it’s worse than Lover, I think it’s better than Lover and Rep but worse than the Folkmore albums 

sgopYhV.gif

I really hate this lyric :toofunny:

Spoiler

Can I ask you a question?
Did you ever have someone kiss you in a crowded room?
And every single one of your friends was making fun of you (You)
But fifteen seconds latеr they were clapping, too?

Spoiler

I have this dream my daughter-in-law kills me for the money
She thinks I left them in the will
The family gathers around and reads it and someone screams out
"She's laughing up at us from hell!"

:illumilana2:

Just now, zombie girl said:

okay i think the use of the “sexy baby” line in context is actually a really interesting take on body dysmorphia despite being jarring on initial listen and easily taken the wrong way, the lyrics that really made me wonder why she would release them are “karma is a cat“ and “me and karma a vibe like that” :defeated: no way she went from writing tolerate it and ivy and long story short and champagne problems and evermore and marjorie to writing that song in less than two years

I dislike Karma but it's stuck in my head RIP 

I didn’t hear the album yet (im on the NYC time zone), but… 

1- disappointed that the visuals don’t match the sound apparently ;

2- the lyrics sound… something else. Is it because of the “sleepless” concept, where nothing makes sense?!

3- I still hope that the Lana backvocals song is good despite Lana doing not much on it (is it possible it’s a God Save Our Young Blood where we thought she didn’t sing much but it’s a mixing problem ?)

4 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

3- I still hope that the Lana backvocals song is good despite Lana doing not much on it (is it possible it’s a God Save Our Young Blood where we thought she didn’t sing much but it’s a mixing problem ?)

The Dolby Atmos mix is my last hope :icant: