Taylor Swift

Hits Different lyrics 

Spoiler

aqxwtop1b3v91.jpg

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

WOWOWOWOW. I don’t even know where to begin. This album is so unique, and very different for Taylor. The vibe through the incredibly cohesive runtime feels like you’re drunk under the disco ball and neon lights on a darkened dance floor. It feels inspired by the current Euphoria obsession and soon-to-be-trending indie sleaze revival. I’m sure it won’t be everyone’s favorite because it’s not what anyone on my timeline expected but I literally feel like it was hand made for me. The lyrics, while more “glitter gel pen” are simpler diaristic thoughts—it feels like your friend is talking to you in a colloquial way. At the same time, despite the simpler lyrics (woven in with STILL INCREDIBLY POETIC LYRICS), Taylor truly confessed a lot in this album; from saying she feels she has been the problem many times, to how lonely she felt even as a child, feeling jealousy and insecurity (especially as she ages, I.e. infamous “sexy baby” line), and lastly, moving on from past revenge by saying her good karma is the reason she has a happy life. There are other adult references I won’t get into here, but you’ll know when you listen. These are all thoughts I’ve had myself as a 30-year-old, looking back on my life and moving on from people and situations, it’s what I’d expect from her to think in hindsight at this age, and yet it will still feel applicable to those younger & currently going through these things. Overall, I think the production is INCREDIBLE. Jack absolutely killed it; although there’s small touches of Lorde-esque synths, I don’t think this sounds Melodrama or like any other project he’s worked on—it’s more forward-thinking with a lot of negative space that creates a whirlwind atmosphere, like spinning on a carousel. I couldn’t be happier. I think that no matter what Taylor did, people would criticize it—if she did another folk/alt run, they would have said it’s getting tired, but now that she’s returned to pop, people will say the lyrics aren’t literary enough. Well, for me it was damn near perfection. I felt just about as moved as I did listening to folklore for the first time, and cried the same amount. I’m so proud of Taylor. 

Favorite tracks on first listen: anti-hero (!!), you’re on your own kid, bejeweled, karma, mastermind, maroon

vigilante shit is kinda cute and also, it's weird hearing this kinda instrumental stuff from jack because i'd like to hear it from lana too. a lot on the album is kinda the same poppy sound, but VS has a cool, trip hop mixed with pop beat and i like it. 

also not her saying "i don't start shit but i can tell you how it ends", reminds me of "i don't start fights but i'll stop em by my any means" from serene queen. also, since taylor started swearing on her albums, anyone think it sounds a little forced? like it's fine and it's gotten better over the albums but it still feels weird hearing her make references to drugs "doing lines" or "fuckin politics" or whatever that lyric was. hm idk, might listen again bc it's a cute record but it's not something i'd listen to all the time

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I honestly I'm not crazy after the first listen, there's something about some of the production choices on some tracks that feels like it's gonna age bad, like in a year or two when the novelty phase fades lol

I hope it grows on me tho! I liked Side A much more tha Side B, although Labyrinth, Karma and Mastermind are quite good!

8nl2OpX.png

"Draw the cat eye sharp enough to kill a man" :smh: was this written in 2016? 

The only one i like is Lavender Haze. Definitely agree that the lyrics are... not it. They all truly sound like a teen in 2016, breaking out in their career, wrote them. And im sick of Lana only getting whispered background vocals :defeated:

I really urge all of you to reconsider coming to this thread and shitting on ppl who genuinely want to share excitement over one of their faves new album :crai:

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

Love Taylor and I'm sorry I can't share the excitement with yall. :(

Just isn't hitting for me. Sounds like 1989 but scaled back.

EDIT:

I love 1989 and its my fav Taylor album however with this album I thought I was gonna hear something different.

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee

5 minutes ago, weinendersoldat said:

Love Taylor and I'm sorry I can't share the excitement with yall. :(

Just isn't hitting for me. Sounds like 1989 but scaled back.

EDIT:

I love 1989 and its my fav Taylor album however with this album I thought I was gonna hear something different.

I’m sorry you didn't love it!!! I know how disappointing it can be to not love one of your fave’s new works. maybe some songs will grow on you and if not, no harm no foul, hopefully you will love the next era (which I’m positive will be so soon already g damn hahah) 💙

Well, I can definitively say it’s probably my least favorite Swift album:noparty:

That being said, I really appreciate how she was able to sonically capture that hazy, sometimes delirious headspace that comes with staying up late for any number of reasons. You can tell it was deliberate, and—with some exceptions—is fairly consistent throughout. I like that she experimented a bit with this record as well!

I hope the album grows on me, but I also recognize the overall sound and how it’s paired with the lyricism really isn’t my personal preference, but maybe that will change! 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

overall i'm not really feeling this album although i don't think it's bad at all

it sounds like a watered down 1989 with little bits of reputation & lover mixed in to make it seem more spicy when it's just generic ketchup

the first half of the album is a pretty great EP

edit: here's a tentative ranking with midnights in it just to describe my feelings about the album in comparison with her discography

Spoiler

1. folklore
2. speak now
3. red
---
4. 1989
5. evermore
---
6. fearless
7. midnights
8. reputation
9. self titled
---
10. lover

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

17 minutes ago, yourolllikethunder said:

I’m sorry you didn't love it!!! I know how disappointing it can be to not love one of your fave’s new works. maybe some songs will grow on you and if not, no harm no foul, hopefully you will love the next era (which I’m positive will be so soon already g damn hahah) 💙

Need another taylors version like

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee

11 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Well, I can definitively say it’s probably my least favorite Swift album:noparty:

That being said, I really appreciate how she was able to sonically capture that hazy, sometimes delirious headspace that comes with staying up late for any number of reasons. You can tell it was deliberate, and—with some exceptions—is fairly consistent throughout. I like that she experimented a bit with this record as well!

I hope the album grows on me, but I also recognize the overall sound and how it’s paired with the lyricism really isn’t my personal preference, but maybe that will change! 

this is a really good take. I can absolutely see why it’s so divisive—it’s a VERY wordy album, with a lot of same-note-repetition melodies in the verses (very Jack/Bleachers, which I love but some people really don’t like). that’s what gives it its rushing feeling but probably also why I’ve seen a bunch of people on pop heads say it all sounds the same to them

Just now, weinendersoldat said:

Need another taylors version like

which one do you want next? 👀 I want 1989 so bad but now that she did a pop album and the shake it off lawsuit continues, I feel like it could be speak now…

I actually really like the album so far; only heard up to bejeweled before I had to turn it off to try to sleep (which I’m about to do now I swear 💤) snow on the beach works with the rest of the album when you’re not thinking about the addition (or lack of) Lana 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”