lola

Taylor Swift

Having my first listen rnΒ 

The album is good I think it will grow on me even more. Tbh I expected it to be worseΒ :toofunny:

karma and vigilante sh*t are my least favorite for nowΒ 

I think that Lavender Haze and midnight rain fit the vibe I had in my mind when I first saw the album covers (they were mostly 70s inspired but I didn't think that she would follow that path)

Β 

Β 

π‘³π’Šπ’‡π’† π’Šπ’” π’ƒπ’†π’‚π’–π’•π’Šπ’‡π’–π’ 𝒃𝒖𝒕 π’šπ’π’– 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

I want to take my words back - Midnights wasnt Mid.

Β 

Sweet Nothing, Labyrinth, Maroon, Karma & Midnight Rain ATE ME THE FUCK UP.

@WHORE OF TROPICO Β  ⇨ Β  @SALVAWHOREΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β 

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFsΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon β€” ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Β 

4 minutes ago, TextBook said:

I can’t access the link. What did it say?

Oh BOZ said the bonus tracks were finished/submitted after the main album was readyΒ so he was wondering if Taylor will keep them digital or make physicalsΒ 

Β 

β€œI wonder if she will ever release the 3am tracks physically, they were only finished months after Midnights was ready so she doesn't have ready variants with them. Maybe for record store day?”

I’m having my 1st listen and it isn’t as bad as I anticipated. While the Lana feature was disappointing when it came to Lana the album itself is a pleasant surprise. I’m low key enjoying it. I agree the aesthetic doesn’t necessarily match but it’s a nice little pop refresher. I really don’t dislike any song so far. Β I’ve made it through Vigilante as of now.Β 

My first impressions of the standard album:

Β 

One word:Β snooze

Β 

Swifts album was anythingΒ butΒ a swift listen πŸ₯Β  ba dum tsh. I am writing this tired and before I go to bed, so excuse my lengthy musings below (this may be uncomprehensible when I awake):

Β 

Too much money and success to give the public something like thisΒ :hillary:. Oddly enough, the track I enjoyed the most was the one my friend liked the least: You're on your own, Kid.

Β 

I am probably not the target audience for this record. Verse chorus verse, over and over with a straightforward vocal delivery. Jack should've pushed her to give us some more energy.Β :uh:Β Repetitive lyrics. Its like taking the veil off of a pop song and seeing that it's simplistic and underserving of the hype, the production couldn't mask it.Β 

Β 

It's as if Swift had a chance to build (the literal) bridges up, but she wouldn't follow through with theΒ needed emotion. Was this rushed? Where was Max Martin. The themes of some of these songs remind me of Lover or Reputation. Are they writers demos that should've been sent to a competent pop producer?Β 

Β 

Swifts' tracks come off as unrelatable due to me/the listener needing to know which boyfriend/lover/romp she is referring to.Β Those songs are definitely for her Swifties who can piece together the puzzle.

Spoiler

Or is it that these events in the tracks are fictional πŸ€”?

Β 

Tracks I could give another chance/listen to: Labyrinth, Midnight Rain, and Anti-Hero. (Let's throw in Lavender Haze since I forgot about it, but I know that I wasn't offended).

Β 

(Also, Lana's backing vocals were the best surprise of the record, the only time I smiled while listening, and I enjoyed the layered vocals of SOTB and the usage of them on the other tracks)

Β 

Good thing this was titled "Midnights", as it truly is MID and will lead to a new day, where I can pretend I didn't hear it πŸšͺ:toofloppy:Β 

28 minutes ago, Churchome Rep said:

Oh BOZ said the bonus tracks were finished/submitted after the main album was readyΒ so he was wondering if Taylor will keep them digital or make physicalsΒ 

Β 

β€œI wonder if she will ever release the 3am tracks physically, they were only finished months after Midnights was ready so she doesn't have ready variants with them. Maybe for record store day?”

:icant:

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy
Β 

No shade butΒ WCS already so overrated. Β The Great War, Bigger Than The Whole Sky, and Dear Reader top 3 for 3am tracks.Β 
Β 

I really like the standard edition though. It’s a lot better than I expected. I’d say it lost a little oomph after Vigilante but still a solid release. Β 
Β 

I’ll need more time to pick faves but initial standouts Lavender, Maroon, Anti, and Midnight.Β 
Β 

All the tracks are cute in their own way though. Β Β 

reputa and lover were definitely too much to turn casual listeners into stans, the bulk of those albums were made for people who were already into her very much so, folklore and evermore definitely fixed her brand and standing with the GP gaining her a lot of respect but again they were too much to chew on for people who enjoyed some songs from her but thought she was trying too hard and doing too much, they were really heavy and narrative based albums... ofc all of these mentioned albums gained fans but MIDNIGHTS finds the perfect ground for being easily digestible for everyone while also making sure it's not a cringey fan servicey mess to turn off people who's checking it out, she has found the perfect balance for that! making it so appealing to everyone from the casual listening gaise and girlies to the GP and even the critics who can't help but to ACCLAIM this masterpiece and of course the swiffers. it's a record that could be listened across generations, across genders and sexual orientations, across casual listeners and pretentious music snobs...

I’M SO FUCKING GLAD I DIDNT LISTEN TO LEAKS! In hq / Dolby Atmos, it’s honestly surprisingly wow. The synths are what dreams and nightmares made of.Β 
I Β am not even through my first listen and really enjoy it (of all of her pop albums, 1989 is the one I love the best, so I guess it’s not that surprisingly I love Midnights).

didn’t think it would be pure pop based on the covers and the theme, but the theme comes through beautifully.Β 

Β 

I Love that we do get songs where Taylor reflects on herself, where she is the one to blame… We already (finally?) got glimpses of that on folklore and mostly on evermore, and I’m glad she continues with that POV.Β