lola

Taylor Swift

Yup, don't like this. I knew I wasn't going to like this one from the get go, but decided to give it a listen just to confirm my suspicions. The album lacks cohesion and it sounds like she took a little bit of her past albums and mixed it all together. It's not crative or innovative, it feels like everything Taylor already did before.

My favorite is The Man, I love that track a lot (and I think thats because it sounds like a Carly Jae song I can't remember the name). Other highlights include The Archer, Cornelia Street, Death By A Thousand Cuts, False God and It's Nice To Have A Friend. But overall I think the album is pretty boring and it drags for too long.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

miss americana is the BEST... so it goes of this album.  album's probs a mid 7 to 8 from me atm?  i only wasn't really clicking with 3 tracks.  hopefully it grows on me even more

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

Favorites of the new songs: Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince, Cruel Summer, Paper Rings, Soon You'll Get Better. False God is also neat. There wasn't a track that I didnt like though. 

The album feels very showtuney. I’m always nervous going into Taylor’s new albums because I’m not generally a pop music fan, but after listening to the whole thing, I like it. I like it much better than 1989 and reputation but it’s definitely not on Red or Speak Now’s level. It’s cute and yeah it reminds me of musicals and it makes me nostalgic for my theatre days. It’s defijitely a breathe of fresh air when it comes to mainstream pop right now. I hope it inspires pop music to be more fun again. Also I have this weird thing with Taylor’s albums where they’re always lyrically exactly in the place I’m in with my life when they come out so I always love that. Idk favourites yet but Lover and Paper Rings are the ones I’ve been thinking about the most. They’re really cute and happy. I can’t wait til she releases it on vinyl.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

I love False God, Paper Rings, Lover and It's nice to have a friend.  I have to admit it was on replay all day, until it got almost too happy and unrealistic and I had to go back to Lana  :wave:  . I liked the bridge of I think he knows, but the song is too repetitive  and long for me (wish it skipped to the bridge)

I skimmed through this album out of pure interest because I heard the title track and thought it was quite good and much closer to her older songs and concluded the album is absolutely dreadful. Couldn't last more than 20 seconds on some songs. How is she 30 years old and singing about SCHOOL on every single track? So lame - I just don't think she has anything to say? Her lyrics always seem to revolve around what people think of her and never what she actually thinks for herself.

It's really bizarre because I will always think Fearless and Speak Now and some songs from Red are really really good so how is it possible that she could regress SO much as she got older?

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

it's the first time that I cannot choose a single favorite song, like I usually like the whole thing but there are some songs that always get closer to my heart but not this time, I LOVE every single song and I'm happy that she and I are in the same place of happiness right now, I don't have a long relationship but I just got out of my reputation era in some sense so I'm happy to have this album to relate to right now

giphy.gif

If I was a fan during her Fearless era, and enjoyed her Reputation sound, should I listen to this album? What songs would you recommend. Ive only heard The Archer in full and love it.

miss americana and the heartbreak prince is sonically super close to reputation.  i feel like you'd probably also enjoy cruel summer, lover, paper rings, daylight, and maybe death by a thousand cuts?  

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

I skimmed through this album out of pure interest because I heard the title track and thought it was quite good and much closer to her older songs and concluded the album is absolutely dreadful. Couldn't last more than 20 seconds on some songs. How is she 30 years old and singing about SCHOOL on every single track? So lame - I just don't think she has anything to say? Her lyrics always seem to revolve around what people think of her and never what she actually thinks for herself.

It's really bizarre because I will always think Fearless and Speak Now and some songs from Red are really really good so how is it possible that she could regress SO much as she got older?

i completely agree

she said in the secret sessions that school metaphors are used as some kind of criticism of america's society and the american dream and its blind patriotism, like she's using these stupid cliches about highschool to talk about the view she has of her own country (apparently it's also in spotify)

https://twitter.com/TSwiftLAMedia/status/1164902146338222080

giphy.gif

I deleted these:

1. Forgot you existed
  2. half blood prince
  3. cornelia street
  4. london boy
  5. death by a thousand cuts
  6. u need 2  calm the fuck down

The rest are good imo

I tried to use Red as a blueprint to rearrange the tracklist and I think it makes the album more enjoyable (for me at least).

01. Cruel Summer

02. Lover

03. Death By A Thousand Cuts

04. Afterglow

05. The Archer

06. ME! (featuring Brendon Urie of Panic! At The Disco)

07. London Boy

08. I Forgot That You Existed

09. You Need To Calm Down

10. The Man

11. I Think He Knows

12. Paper Rings

13. False God

14. Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

15. Cornelia Street

16. Soon You'll Get Better (featuring Dixie Chicks)

17. It's Nice To Have A Friend

18. Daylight

I don't really listen to Taylor that often but listened to a few previews of Lover now streaming the whole thing on AM. 

Might have to stop as didn't plan on listening to an hours long album rn

♡ I had a dream that I was fine, I wasn't crazy, I was divine ♡