lola

Taylor Swift

The new album cover is amazing. There's just something about pre-2015 album covers that look so unaesthetic in digital libraries lol I'm glad she re-shot it 

SharedImage-115214.png?t=4beb54b0e749074

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

I've never listened to any of Taylor's stuff pre-godly Red. Sooo this is actually really exciting for me :oprah3: :dance: :beyonce:

I'm super looking forward to it but in the meantime I want to do some homework. What tracks should I listen to from Fearless that you lot consider god-tier perfection? 

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

13 hours ago, Macintosh Manhattan said:

I've never listened to any of Taylor's stuff pre-godly Red. Sooo this is actually really exciting for me :oprah3: :dance: :beyonce:

I'm super looking forward to it but in the meantime I want to do some homework. What tracks should I listen to from Fearless that you lot consider god-tier perfection? 

The singles are the obvious standouts for me (plus a few album tracks). Just listen to the whole thing sis there's a reason why it won AOTY. You won't regret it.

Taylor swift hasn’t taken a day off since covid started this girl has literally put out two albums and various ep mixes and now she’s re recording her old stuff to put out too. Her work ethic is insane I know her vocal chords dying for a rest 

13 hours ago, Mer said:

The new album cover is amazing. There's just something about pre-2015 album covers that look so unaesthetic in digital libraries lol I'm glad she re-shot it 

SharedImage-115214.png?t=4beb54b0e749074

oh no pls my wallet isn’t ready if she releases all the re-recordings on vinyl

but also that’s so beautiful and I want NEED it

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

Wow she sounds almost exactly the same like in the original recording, she kinda mimic every single note and the way she sang it back then but there's something real powerful of her actual voice that makes the song SO much better.

Any die hard fan here that could tell me what are some changes in the song mix or vocal ad libs whatever?

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

5 hours ago, EXODUS said:

Wow she sounds almost exactly the same like in the original recording, she kinda mimic every single note and the way she sang it back then but there's something real powerful of her actual voice that makes the song SO much better.

Any die hard fan here that could tell me what are some changes in the song mix or vocal ad libs whatever?

Well as someone who has probably heard the original several hundred times let me give a little breakdown of some changes I have noticed (which are clear as day to me):

- In general in the song I feel like the drums are a lot more noticeable especially the hi-hat and the fast drumming part right before the chorus. Fiddle is also slightly louder i think.

- The background vocals are more subtle in this version, I feel like in the original you could hear them more prominently.

- Taylor's vocals are a lot fuller, less frail sounding she sounds a lot more in control of what she's doing and I feel like there is a brightness to the new vocals and an enthusiasm that wasn't there in the original, which probably stems from having to compensate a little because her voice did get a bit lower over the years. But it works perfectly for this song. Also she used to have a rather heavy twang still back then which is non-existant now and that, to me, mainly shows in her "R" pronunciations. Like "Real" or "For" etc. 
Long Story Short.mp3 I love her new vocals.

- Main vocal delivery/pronunciation etc. differences or lack thereof:
    - Verse 1 is basically exactly the same, no big differences

- Chorus 1 "waiting" and "run" are 2 words where you can perfectly hear the thing about the brightness I was talking about, also confidence I guess. 

- Verse 2 already starts a little differently, when she sings "so I" she kinda goes - _ - if you know what i mean lol in the original she just went - - - all just very flat. Also "dead if they knew so close your eyes" got a lot more flavor to it now. I guess that would be a good way to describe it. Also the "oh oh" after "escape this town for a little while" is very different. In the original she kinda just does 2 Ohs and this one feels more staccato-ish again from new vocal techniques. 

- Chorus 2 "this love is difficult" she pronounces "difficult" completely differently from the original and the "but it's re eal" afterwards is also different. 

- Bridge She added a "but" in front of "I got tired of waiting" that wasn't there before but that she sang live a lot I guess it became very natural to her. 

- Final Chorus The way she sings "That's all I really know" is so much better here like to me it brings across the conviction this part is supposed to express so well. Also breathing here is slightly different, i think she takes one more breath throughout the whole section. 

- The little Oh Ohs at the end are pretty much the same

Hope you enjoyed my TED talk lmao and yes I have no life. :hype:

14 minutes ago, crazyforme said:

OMG what if she releases the 10 minute version of All Too Well when she re-records Red

i told my friend taylor's version better be that 20 minute demo from 2012

Given that she started with “Love Story” I’m wondering if she’ll re-release her most successful songs/albums first then do the fan favourite albums (Debut, Speak Now). I would kill for her to go Fearless-1989-Red-Speak Now-Debut. 

Spoiler

I think it makes sense bc part of the reason for re-recording is to allow her to license it to TV Shows/Commercials/Movies 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️