lola

Taylor Swift

i’m 100% convinced “Gold Rush” is about Karlie Kloss 

Caption from 2019

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxI50FMlMvW/?igshid=1kdxq16osis9v

also it’s about a love that “could never be” hmmmmm. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

3 minutes ago, Dragon said:

. . . evermore's vinyl's already sold out. thought the she'd release alt versions but. wow they're gone. 

it's still available in the UK...

Did anyone get Lana vibes in the chorus of Tolerate It?

The line, “I wait by the door like I’m just a kid/Use my best colors for your portrait,” was so reminiscent of the childlike adoration and attention to sensory detail Lana includes in her tracks.

Even the way she breathily scoops up her pitch on the words “kid” and “portrait” reminded me of Lana as well. This could just be me, though lol

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 minute ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

The line, “I wait by the door like I’m just a kid/Use my best colors for your portrait,” was so reminiscent of the childlike adoration and attention to sensory detail Lana includes in her tracks.

Even the way she breathily scoops up her pitch on the words “kid” and “portrait” reminded me of Lana as well. This could just be me, though lol

also in "Cowboy Like Me" (though more lyrically than sonically). Especially the bridge:

"And the skeletons in both our closets/Plotted hard to fuck this up/And the old men that I've swindled/Really did believe I was the one/And the ladies lunching have their stories about/When you passed through town/But that was all before I locked it down"

Really the only track on evermore I skip regularly is No Body No Crime (just a lil bland imo). Everything else (even closure) is great to enjoyably decent. The absolute bests are gold rush, tolerate it, ivy, cowboy like me, long story short, Marjorie (what a sequence right there tbh), and evermore (bon iver is great in the song and his signature falsetto is so much better than the deep voice in exile). 

Just now, Mer said:

also in "Cowboy Like Me" (though more lyrically than sonically). Especially the bridge:

"And the skeletons in both our closets/Plotted hard to fuck this up/And the old men that I've swindled/Really did believe I was the one/And the ladies lunching have their stories about/When you passed through town/But that was all before I locked it down"

Dude, I thought the exact same thing when I heard that part of the song! Taylor’s cited Lana as her favorite female lyricist, so this it’s definitely possible that she drew inspiration from her!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

4 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Whats funny is I never got Lana vibes from the lyrics of this song, but I did get strong Joni Mitchell vibes, both thematically and from the way she sings it. Feels like it could belong to Song to a Seagull or The Hissing of Summer Lawns. Part of me thinks that’s why it’s my favourite song on Evermore lol.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

i gotta hand it to T Swift, she made my 2020 so much brighter with her music. no thanks to Miss Lana Delay (as she is henceforth to be known as @Pico Boulevard)

i absolutely adore folklore! and while evermore starts off strong with my current fav "willow", it doesn't come close to folklore imho.

ps: can't believe i'm a taylor stan now, i used to heavily dislike her and her music in the past

4 minutes ago, domandapiano said:

Right where you left me is one the best tracks from both records hands down 

The fact it wasn’t on the standard :biblio: song fucks me up emotionally the same way cardigan / my tears ricochet do

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

i was never rlly crazy about lover but then i removed ‘i forgot that you existed’, ‘the man’, ‘london boy’, ‘yntcd’, ‘me!’ and ‘it’s nice to have a friend’ and it’s really good tbh. 

qfrWuBl.png

This bitch truly got me back like let me go through my teenage boxes and take her albums out because she truly did that with folklore and evermore........

can we just take a sec and think about how she wrote tolerate it and gave it to me and i almost drove my car in a ditch because she said "now i'm begging for footnotes in the story of your life"

this bitch

First we feel; then we fall.

4 hours ago, FrankNotOcean said:

This bitch truly got me back like let me go through my teenage boxes and take her albums out because she truly did that with folklore and evermore........

can we just take a sec and think about how she wrote tolerate it and gave it to me and i almost drove my car in a ditch because she said "now i'm begging for footnotes in the story of your life"

this bitch

i can't listen to tolerate it because it will ruin whatever good mood im in lmao

UguUCJc.gif

6 hours ago, Party Favor said:

i can't listen to tolerate it because it will ruin whatever good mood im in lmao

i love tolerate it bc she was inspired by my favorite novel of all time, Rebecca (which i have not shut up about on this site since the day i joined—can’t recommend the book enough. 

also i don’t understand what kind of camera/phone taylor uses to take such high quality selfies?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_f6_O9jIU7/?igshid=f54jhe4gdtvb

5 minutes ago, Mer said:

i love tolerate it bc she was inspired by my favorite novel of all time, Rebecca (which i have not shut up about on this site since the day i joined—can’t recommend the book enough. 

also i don’t understand what kind of camera/phone taylor uses to take such high quality selfies?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_f6_O9jIU7/?igshid=f54jhe4gdtvb

i'll add that to my never ending list of books to read. it's a great song, but it hits just a little too close to home :krylie:

she probably has the newest iphone since she's rich, but i've taken selfies in the same caliber (quality not attractiveness) with my XR so i think it just depends on lighting and if your camera is clean 

UguUCJc.gif