xratedcuntxrated

Beyoncé

Gag City? Idk where that is. I live in Gag County.

4 hours ago, pin up galore said:

I don't listen to Aphex Twin but II HANDS II HEAVEN is kinda giving Aphex Twin? its soooo good tho like this vibe is exactly what I never knew I needed from her 

Whats funny is i fell asleep to aphex twin and woke up to stream cowboy carter ijbol 😭

6 minutes ago, Chemtrail said:

Are the double II's at the end of Ameriican Requiem, Spaghetti and Sweet Honey Buckin a reference to this being act II or something else?

yes she doubled many of the I letters on the tracklist as a reference to act II

Im not done yet with my first listen, but the two first singles might be the least interesting songs on the album?!? :oprah2: 

Lana, I’m sorry to say this, but you better step your pussy up with Lasso cause Cowboy Carter is INCREDIBLE. 

4 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Im not done yet with my first listen, but the two first singles might be the least interesting songs on the album?!? :oprah2: 

Lana, I’m sorry to say this, but you better step your pussy up with Lasso cause Cowboy Carter is INCREDIBLE. 

100%! This will be a very tough act to follow.

Just hope we don't get another Chemtrails, short and understated (as much as I love the record). Lasso needs to be bigger than that, and the lead single needs to be Ride-level slay. 

Bodyguard is the Cuff It of the album for me. A hit but I don't love it

22 minutes ago, barttttender said:

100%! This will be a very tough act to follow.

Just hope we don't get another Chemtrails, short and understated (as much as I love the record). Lasso needs to be bigger than that, and the lead single needs to be Ride-level slay. 

We won't. Lana said she felt like Chemtrails was unfinished before it even came out and it had already been submitted for vinyl production

Wait it was released today!?!? Why on earth did I think that it will be released in Summer. What are your thoughts on the album? Is it her best? My favorite is Lemonade btw :popcorn:

Edit: just found out that Cowboy Carter has 27 tracks holy shit

url%5D

Love it, glad I got the vinyl. Especially as I got the blue and not black vinyl. Looks like these website exclusive vinyls have no exclusive cover indeed and the backside of the black exclusive version is just the standard version as available everywhere, just that one pays 15 euro more for it when purchasing from her site 😔 and obviously it's not possible to buy it as mp3. 

It was expensive watch it 

15 hours ago, Coney Island King said:

I hated every moment of this album from start to finish. Songs are boring and production is beyond dull bar a couple tracks. This current country phase the world is in need to die, it’s REALLY not for me. I’ll wait for Renaissance 3.

Yeah I don’t get the hype at all

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

2 minutes ago, Olympia said:

Love it, glad I got the vinyl. Especially as I got the blue and not black vinyl. Looks like these website exclusive vinyls have no exclusive cover indeed and the backside of the black exclusive version is just the standard version as available everywhere, just that one pays 15 euro more for it when purchasing from her site 😔 and obviously it's not possible to buy it as mp3. 

No way! I bought the black as I preferred the back cover! If I knew it was just standard I would’ve waited, paid £7.50 shipping and it’s not even here on the day haha 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

Overall loved the album, the country radio show format was super cute and contributed a lot to the atmosphere and the vibe. This album surprisingly clicked more than Renaissance for me and I will absolutely be streaming it repeatedly. These tracks stood out for me:

American Requiem

Blackbird (metronome irritates me tho 👀)

16 Carriages

Protector

Bodyguard

Texas Hold Em (didn’t like the single but enjoyed it more in context)

Daughter

Spaghetti

Most Wanted

Levi’s Jeans

Flamenco

Ya Ya (mostly great but hate the yayayayaya chorus it’s too Bang Bang by Jessie J and I absolutely hate that song 🙄)

Hands Heaven

Sweet Honey Buckin

Amen

Toss up between Daughter and Spaghetti for my top track but overall super well done Beyoncé I’m so impressed :oprah:

39 minutes ago, Embach said:

Wait it was released today!?!? Why on earth did I think that it will be released in Summer. What are your thoughts on the album? Is it her best? My favorite is Lemonade btw :popcorn:

Edit: just found out that Cowboy Carter has 27 tracks holy shit

I am completely stunned by Cowboy Carter… and I didn’t even like the two singles. It is just incredible that proves that Beyoncé is a visionary. It both slaps and is intimate (which was a bit lacking in Renaissance, even though I loved it). 

It's a great album :oic3: i've never listened to a Beyonce album before but wanted to see what this is like and it just sounds like a big album the whole way through all the songs even though I don't like a lot of them and probably wouldn't listen to them again other people will like them I think. The interlude things with Willie Nelson and Linda Martell worked well I though as well.

I liked Daughter, Tyrant and Sweet Honey Buckin the most, Ya Ya and Amen also then Flamenco, Oh Louisiana and Desert Eagle even though they were short. BigXThaPlug should be on Sweet Honey Buckin.

Even the songs I didn't like that much, that I might not play again I thought they were quite good, I also thought it got better and better the longer it was because you got used to hearing the style of it and even though it is that long by the end I could have listened to even more songs :omfg2:

It's going to be massively popular, wouldn't be surprised if 10+ of the songs ended up on the radio all the time.