RileyThomas

Nicki Minaj

21 hours ago, comeintomybedroom said:

i think its safe to say that most of the people here are white gays and white gays hated pink friday and roman reloaded when they were released so why are you saying this album isnt a good follow up to something that took you years to get

It was literally the opposite of that though lol

22 hours ago, comeintomybedroom said:

i think its safe to say that most of the people here are white gays and white gays hated pink friday and roman reloaded when they were released so why are you saying this album isnt a good follow up to something that took you years to

This is a very silly thing to say luv 

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

The more I listen to it the more I dislike it. I like some songs but this is her worst album hands down. Rushed, unfinished, lazy samples, underwhelming production, subpar lyrics, pitch demo singers used as features, scraps used as filler, 12 songs missing on the physicals, etc. It just feels empty. An obvious cash grab acting as a follow up to an actually good album for nostalgia bait. A stain on her discography, but it seems like the past few years she’s made it her mission to tarnish her legacy. Listening to The Pinkprint after listening to this is so jarring like this really is the same artist…

qfrWuBl.png

19 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

The more I listen to it the more I dislike it. I like some songs but this is her worst album hands down. Rushed, unfinished, lazy samples, underwhelming production, subpar lyrics, pitch demo singers used as features, scraps used as filler, 12 songs missing on the physicals, etc. It just feels empty. An obvious cash grab acting as a follow up to an actually good album for nostalgia bait. A stain on her discography, but it seems like the past few years she’s made it her mission to tarnish her legacy. Listening to The Pinkprint after listening to this is so jarring like this really is the same artist…

100% agree, her worst. Bit of an Insult to The Pinkprint,  the fact she’s rapping over a sped up version of a Billie song..wtf was she thinking? 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Album is alright but seems lazy as fuck. Most of the songs are 90% sample and why the heck would she open up the album with basically a Billie Eilish song.

Queen is far superior.

It's kind of annoying cus i wanted to listen to a Nicki Minaj song, but instead i had to endure billie eilish and fucking cyndi lauper, honestly what was she thinking? :pls:

Also ignore that user above who pulled the race card, they always do it. They also called me racist because i said i disliked AJ's reaction videos a few years ago. :eartha:

Mental illness luv...

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

it isnt too bad imo.. i feel like if she didnt brand it as Pink Friday 2 people wouldnt be so critical

Also since ive never spoken in this thread, queen is def her best and pf roman reloaded is my fav

Edited by southbeachswing

uRo1dco.png

singing blue notes,

up all night long

50 minutes ago, Coney Island King said:

Queen, Pinkprint and Pink Friday are her best. I think Queen may even be my fav but sure.

Is it the fan consensus Queen is her best album? I think Queen is her best album. 

listened to the album yesterday and i think there's a bit of exaggeration from both sides. the album is lazily done but the songs are really not that bad. i think most of it had mad potential, nicki just needed to work on them more and actually finish them. but the idea is there. i can understand everyone's frustration tho, this had little to do with the original pink friday, it does feels kinda misleading on her end. however, barbs occasional homophobia and transphobia is incredibly weird, there's not a single song on this album worth all that. the constant race card pulling and overall acting like this album is a hardcore hip hop masterpiece that's unappealing to white audiences is laughable, especially since nicki is singing most of the time LMAO. this fanbase is being overly delusional at the moment, i think they ran out of ideas to defend their fave and are now resorting to virtual crimes only

I wanted to listen to this but I got bored after like, six songs in :ohno: maybe I'll try again later 

I re-listened to Roman Reloaded recently tho and I still love it. My favourites are Roman Holiday, Beez in the Trap, Stupid Hoe and Va Va Voom 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

16 hours ago, unidentified dragon slayer said:

some barbz are being transphobic asf towards an user on twitter because she didn’t like the album…

Yeah I saw it was icky.... Im friends w very few barbz (non toxic ones btw) i find the fandom fucking ew. 

56 minutes ago, Jon Batiste Interlude said:

the 10 tracks ordered on the physicals is really good 

I disagree but kinda agree... Bahm Bahm as a closer... nah. Everybody on the album feels like it was slapped there and feels better as a bonus. Just Memories as an opener works but also works as an outro if yk what i mean. Its like the final send off. But anyway thats just me.

Spoiler

1. Super Freaky Girl
2. Barbie Dangerous
3. My Life
4. Let Me Calm Down
5. RNB
6. Fallin 4 U
7. Big Difference
8. Red Ruby Da Sleeze
9. Foward From Trini

10. Bahm Bahm
11. Nicki Hendrix
12. Blessings
13. Pink Friday Girls
14. Last Time That I Saw You
15. Just Memories 

Did a shorter tracklist. I feel bad for scrapping Beep Beep because that shit is so good. Cowgirl is really good too but it feels filler, AYGA scrapped for a reason :oic2: Everybody is a totally fun track but it feels very much more deluxe if u catch my drift. FTCU also eats along with Beep Beep but my main focus of this tracklist was the singles, Big Difference, songs I think solidify the album and her current work, and the og 10 songs (excluding Everybody). Let Me Calm Down is also cute but I kept it bc it fits somehow. 

Almost took off Bahm Bahm and Nicki Hendrix so it'd have 13 songs since thats the number of Pink Friday standard tracks but I let em stay cos Bahm Bahm is one of her best songs and Nicki Hendrix has me in my feels kinda. And the production is really beautiful to me. But imo Blessings has the best production.

And yes, SFG may be a good intro choice but going into Barbie Dangerous? It was a last minute idea so apologies if it isn't cohesive but everyone here is free to altar my tracklist or give me feedback 💗