National Anthem

What Are You Listening To?

4 minutes ago, The Siren said:

just.. white noise?

Well....yeah. Some people call it Harsh Noise Wall. 

I've loved Merzbow and other Noise Artists for a long time, but I feel strangely attracted to the Wall Of Noise releases more than the "psychedelic" noise. Vomir does this best, imho. This stuff is strangely cleansing and calming. 

A.K.A. Fuckin' Mr. Brightside. 

Earlier I listened to Big Thief's new album Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe in You. It is GORGEOUS and it will definitely appeal to Lana fans, it is delicate emotional indie rock music with soulful female vocals, with some country and folk and light electronica mixed in very similar to Lana. I highly recommend it to anybody, but if you wanna just hear the best songs, start with Little Things, Change and Simulation Swarm.

Then I listened to the new Leon Vynehall album which was decent. I recommend it if you are a fan of deep house but its not essential listening.

Now I am just starting the new album from Low. Two tracks in it is very moody with sad whispery female vocals and grungy guitars. I'm liking what I hear so far.

EDIT: I thought I was listening to the new Low album but actually I was listening to their album from the 90's. Now I put on their new album and it sounds much more noisy and aggressive. Not as into it.

My toxic trait is watching auditions for singing shows for hours on end and, in honor of today’s commercialized holiday, I’m listening to Alice Fredenham’s “My Funny Valentine” rendition. She doesn’t know how good she is and it’s astonishing :wowcry:

Edit: She did a full recording of it and her voice is really special. Reminds me of LDR’s lower register in some ways. Also giving jazzy underground club vibes.