Sitar

'Ultraviolence' Tentatively Set to Drop on May 1, 2014

According to Lana Del Rey herself (simultaneously our primary and least trustworthy source), Ultraviolence is coming this May, soon after she performs at Coachella!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWPSsP0Es3s

Additionally, she said, "[Ultraviolence is] so good that it made me forget about the last record. I just, I'm in love with it. It's really, I don't know, there's something about it. I have that feeling about it. I have that romantic feeling about it."

According to Lana Del Rey herself (simultaneously our primary and least trustworthy source), Ultraviolence is coming this May, soon after she performs at Coachella!

Additionally, she said, "[Ultraviolence is] so good that it made me forget about the last record. I just, I'm in love with it. It's really, I don't know, there's something about it. I have that feeling about it. I have that romantic feeling about it."

:defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

Oh my god hahahaha

It's so true though  :lmao:

lH7Zs6V.gif      

Tropico had 3-month delay. So I guess it is released in August, right ?

Tropico was more like two months delayed plus a few days. It was logical that she released the Farewell to Born to die short film after her South American Paradise tour. As much as I love LDR I have learned a few thing in this short time. She likes to give people the impression that she has no control over leaks, release dates etc. For example the "Rick Nowels leaks". Do you belive that Rick is stupid? Testing a track to see the publics reaction to a new style ( Black Beauty) is a smart move on her part. Thankfully US critics loved it. Behind that whimsical facade there is an iron will. I used to believe everything she says. Hell, I was present at Hollywood Forever on the promised Tropico release date. Does this make me like her any less? NO, but it can be a little frustrating sometimes

Tropico was more like two months delayed plus a few days. It was logical that she released the Farewell to Born to die short film after her South American Paradise tour. As much as I love LDR I have learned a few thing in this short time. She likes to give people the impression that she has no control over leaks, release dates etc. For example the "Rick Nowels leaks". Do you belive that Rick is stupid? Testing a track to see the publics reaction to a new style ( Black Beauty) is a smart move on her part. Thankfully US critics loved it. Behind that whimsical facade there is an iron will. I used to believe everything she says. Hell, I was present at Hollywood Forever on the promised Tropico release date. Does this make me like her any less? NO, but it can be a little frustrating sometimes

The Black Beauty/AFFA leaks were definitely not god damn intentional. She spoke out about it. Doubt she'd say she was "discouraged" if she knew it was going to come out.

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

Okay, so it's coming out withing 3 months, yaay! :woot: :woot: :woot:

I wonder about critics and the role they are going to play this time...I mean, her dislike for America came because of the harsh critiques she received for the album and SNL performances. BUT, she is so much more acknowledged since then, most people love her or are just neutral because they find her "sad/boring" (the fools :wtf:).

So anyway, do you think that if Ultraviolence gets really good critiques she could forgive them and finally do promo + tours there? It would be pretty cool....

Can we SOMEWHAT just keep it positive that we've begun to get more info and a time period that it should be released around? Either way she DID say "I think so... I think so..." 

PLEASE stop complaining about her past shit. The past was the past and she thought she was ready ahead of time. She's finished this album so she's not going to go back and screw around with it. She said she likes it the way it is, so why would she fuck up what made her forget about the last record? I think it's stupid for everyone to give two shits about what she's said in the past and not going through with... Let her get ready as she needs to and as time goes by, we'll have the record. She said when she'll like to have it out, but we're not sure if it's definite. She might not be sure, but she probably wants it out by then. 

I think I've made my case clear ^_^

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

does she even have control over the release date? i thought it was her label..

but still, it should be coming out around that time and it's sooner than it seems  :D  that must mean we'll be getting a single in march/april? 

plz dont let this be tropico 2.0 :praying2:

If her label lets her, she can release it whenever she wants. It just depends on how the label is. Epic Records is awful with release dates, which is why most of their artists have failed- Avril Lavigne, Ciara, Cher Lloyd (I think)... It's just up to the label company.

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

I feel like Lana fucked up the Tropico release dates so much because it wasn't actually finished when she told us the earlier dates and then kept editing it and pushing back its release. If ultra really is finished I expect it to be released pretty close to May 1st but I'm 100% ready for May 1st to be a disappointing day 

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto1_500.jpg