Lirazel

Music (& stuff) people like that you tried to get into, but can’t

Kim Petras, Dua Lipa, Allie X, Billie Eilish, Melanie Martinez, Charli XCX, ThatPoppy, Grimes, etc. I really so badly want to be able to talk to my friends about music, and I've tried so hard to fall in love with these artists but it just doesn't click at all. The ONLY few people I've grown to love nowadays are Lana, Ariana, Camila Cabello and Mars Argo. Even Camila, I don't really like much of her stuff. I don't know what it is to be quite frank. I find a lot of the artist's I've listened to keep reusing the same four chord melodies, the same drumsets for their songs, same beats, etc. I couldn't tell one song from the other. Don't get me wrong, Ariana has a lot of songs that sound the same, but she at least goes outside the box to me. I'm going to keep trying, but I honestly don't ever see myself enjoying any of them :sadcore2: I do admit though I love We Appreciate Power from Grimes just because it's so experimental glam rock to me :awkney2:

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

Allie X, Ariana Grande and Britney. I just can't

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Allie X, Ariana Grande and Britney. I just can't

Ugh I get why some people don't like Britney cause of the baby voice and all, but Idk she just gives me life  :defeated: You really don't like any of her songs though? Baby One More Time? Oops I Did It Again? Stronger? Toxic? Everytime? Gimme More? Piece Of Me? Break The Ice? Circus? Womanizer? Till The World Ends? Hold It Against Me?  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

Kate Bush and Bjork. I wanna be a Kate Bush/Bjork gay so bad bc it looks quirky and weird but at the same time denotes a high taste in music but like I cant??

I guess I'm gonna be a Charli XCX gay forever? which im not mad at cos she's the highest point in musical history after the invention of the piano in 17th century italy

Kim Petras, Dua Lipa, Allie X, Billie Eilish, Melanie Martinez, Charli XCX, ThatPoppy, Grimes, etc. I really so badly want to be able to talk to my friends about music, and I've tried so hard to fall in love with these artists but it just doesn't click at all. The ONLY few people I've grown to love nowadays are Lana, Ariana, Camila Cabello and Mars Argo. Even Camila, I don't really like much of her stuff. I don't know what it is to be quite frank. I find a lot of the artist's I've listened to keep reusing the same four chord melodies, the same drumsets for their songs, same beats, etc. I couldn't tell one song from the other. Don't get me wrong, Ariana has a lot of songs that sound the same, but she at least goes outside the box to me. I'm going to keep trying, but I honestly don't ever see myself enjoying any of them :sadcore2: I do admit though I love We Appreciate Power from Grimes just because it's so experimental glam rock to me :awkney2:

Charli XCX has so wide a discography it's really hard not to find at least something that you like! at first glance I was dubious too... idk, i guess you gotta start from whichever genre you prefer? you prefer synth pop? True Romance. you prefer Punk/Pop? Sucker. you prefer classical music? Pop2/N1A/VV/her monthly drops

Kate Bush and Bjork. I wanna be a Kate Bush/Bjork gay so bad bc it looks quirky and weird but at the same time denotes a high taste in music but like I cant??

I guess I'm gonna be a Charli XCX gay forever? which im not mad at cos she's the highest point in musical history after the invention of the piano in 17th century italy

Charli XCX has so wide a discography it's really hard not to find at least something that you like! at first glance I was dubious too... idk, i guess you gotta start from whichever genre you prefer? you prefer synth pop? True Romance. you prefer Punk/Pop? Sucker. you prefer classical music? Pop2/N1A/VV/her monthly drops

I think my problem is I usually listen to their most popular songs, rather than the genres I like  :toofunny:  I'll check more into Charli though

I think the most important thing to become a Kate Bush/Bjork gay is: don't be too greedy in the beggining. Like, don't start with a Biophilia or 50 Words of Snow, you know what I mean? I really recommend to begin with Post (Bjork) and Hounds of Love (Kate), and start exploring from there. When I started listening to Bjork I started with Homogenic (which is one of my faves) but it was too much for me and I wasn't used to that kind of music. So, take your time and try to enjoy it. Their music is meant to be appreciated, not to be background noise.

OT: I tried getting into The Smiths but they're boring as hell. Also Joy Division (I like a couple of songs but New Order is SO much better).

yJVUJr9.gif

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I think my problem is I usually listen to their most popular songs, rather than the genres I like  :toofunny:  I'll check more into Charli though

henny.............. charli's most popular songs are definitely bops but her best music is not on there!

you can probably find a masterpost in the charli xcx thread (aka charliboards) but here's a list of her best songs to start from her latest era:

• Lucky
  • Backseat (if you like Carly Rae Jepsen)
  • Track 10 (i thought it was trash at first listen too)
  • Roll With Me
  • White Roses
  • No Angel
  • Vroom Vroom
  • Secret (Shh)

her unreleased are v good too but if you can't be bothered to listen to them or wanna start out with an easy access you can skip them except for Taxi and Round and Round. stunning tracks. invented homosexuality

Ugh I get why some people don't like Britney cause of the baby voice and all, but Idk she just gives me life  :defeated: You really don't like any of her songs though? Baby One More Time? Oops I Did It Again? Stronger? Toxic? Everytime? Gimme More? Piece Of Me? Break The Ice? Circus? Womanizer? Till The World Ends? Hold It Against Me?  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

Break the Ice is her best song, that's all I really have  :toofunny:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I think the most important thing to become a Kate Bush/Bjork gay is: don't be too greedy in the beggining. Like, don't start with a Biophilia or 50 Words of Snow, you know what I mean? I really recommend to begin with Post (Bjork) and Hounds of Love (Kate), and start exploring from there. When I started listening to Bjork I started with Homogenic (which is one of my faves) but it was too much for me and I wasn't used to that kind of music. So, take your time and try to enjoy it. Their music is meant to be appreciated, not to be background noise.

OT: I tried getting into The Smiths but they're boring as hell. Also Joy Division (I like a couple of songs but New Order is SO much better).

yJVUJr9.gif

Post/Hounds of Love is actually how I started (I looked up online where to start from lol) but idk? i mean I love their voices and there are songs that I love from the two but the albums as whole don't really convince me. maybe re-listen to them and see