Lirazel

Music (& stuff) people like that you tried to get into, but can’t

You really are missing out. At least you like Chromatics! I haven't seen a fan on here before.

@

Music is a universal language. Artists put their music out there for the world to hear, not just you. When you come to terms with that and enjoy the music for what it is, music, instead of some exclusive possession, you might actually enjoy it. 

I don't really agree with this. Lately I see plenty of bickering about people making stupid/spam/irrelevant posts, but not anyone getting hate for their actual opinions. That generally only happens when someone words their opinion in a very abrasive way. If you don't recognize all the discussion that goes on here involving different views, then it's on you for not paying attention.

& Ok, to say you hate the music is an exaggeration on my part, but that doesn't invalidate my point that it's ridiculous for you to stop liking something just because other people start enjoying it. It's literally the most selfish/childish state of mind to feel that way. 

:magikarp:

But I feel I've got no power over it. Do you choose what you like or how much you like it? That's what I was trying to say all along.

If I could choose my way of feeling believe me so many things would be different in my life!

There are some things you enjoy in your intimacy and privacy and some others you don't seem to enjoy when you share them, others that you might enjoy whatever the situation.

I'm trying to express what happens the most accurately so you get to understand. It's not like I choose what happens to me. I don't see music as a possession, I don't believe or think it is. It's just the feeling at the reception of it changes whenever it's overplayed, massplayed, or played at the "wrong" moment.

There are some things you enjoy in your intimacy and privacy and some others you don't seem to enjoy when you share them, others that you might enjoy whatever the situation.

I'm trying to express what happens the most accurately so you get to understand. It's not like I choose what happens to me. I don't see music as a possession, I don't believe or think it is. It's just the feeling at the reception of it changes whenever it's overplayed, massplayed, or played at the "wrong" moment.

THIS

St. Vincent TRASH

Father John Misty Good

Allie X TRASH

FKA Twigs  Moderately trash

Foxes TRASH

Björk TRASH

Marina and the Diamonds (some of Electra Heart was ok) TRASH

M.I.A. Eh

Santigold Eh

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Lou Reed/Velvet underground - I've tried so fucking hard to get into them both.You have no idea especially when one of my favs (David Bowie) produced/co-wrote Lou Reed's Transfomer LP :facepalm:

Azealia Banks  :eek: - I don't get the love for her I truly don't. But maybe its BC I don't really like that kinda music in the first place tbh. However I love her personality and she has some brilliant points of views.

I'll put a few more down when I have time :lel:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

St. Vincent TRASH

Father John Misty Good

Allie X TRASH

Foxes TRASH

Björk TRASH

M.I.A. Eh

Santigold Eh

and this is relevant how?

Charli... though I knew I would never like her because that's not my kind of music.

I love male singers/bands (that's what I listen the most) but I don't get the hype for Arctic Monkeys, especially their album AM.

St. Vincent TRASH

Father John Misty Good

Allie X TRASH

Foxes TRASH

Björk TRASH

M.I.A. Eh

Santigold Eh

Your username does seem to live up :)

Charli... though I knew I would never like her because that's not my kind of music.

I love male singers/bands (that's what I listen the most) but I don't get the hype for Arctic Monkeys, especially their album AM.

AM is so good what :deadbanana: have you tried listening to Humbug or Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not ?

BzhmW.png

AM is so good what :deadbanana: have you tried listening to Humbug or Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not ?

Yes but I don't really like them. I prefer Suck It and See.

Yes but I don't really like them. I prefer Suck It and See.

That's their only album I haven't been able to get into.  :teehee:

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

I think it's great, and the singles are perfect.

same, it's definitely my least favorite of them all

back OT, Death Grips is definitely something that I think the hype is overblown for. It's crap

BzhmW.png

Rihanna / Beyoncé - I'm not a fan of powerhouse vocals, i do like the most popular songs by Whitney Houston/Mariah Carey/etc and i can listen to said artists, but Rihanna&Beyoncé never appealed to me, like, i can't listen to them without hurting my ears or me getting tired after a while, i like The Way You Lie without R's vocals and i find them kinda obnoxious, i don't hate them or anything, just that they never appealed to me and seem a bit overrated in my very very very personal humble opinion.

Sky Ferreira - I just like Sad Dream ( :crai: ) and Everything Is Embarrasing and was disappointed the rest of the album didn't sounded like that but i think i will give her another chance, i do love her voice a lot.

Madonna - I just like some of her older stuff, tha'knows La Isla Bonita, Like a Virgin,etc..., she seems so obnoxious nowadays tbh tidal.

Ellie Goulding - Her voice is just boring and average to me, i don't see the appeal and she has such a smug face :smokes3:

Azaelia Banks - I'm not that into rap (I just like some of the most populars and even i just like certain songs, ex: Eminem,Dr.Dre and 2Pac) i like her voice, just that her genre doesn't appeal to me to keep me listening for a long time and i like that she seems to care about various social issues but she comes off as annoying with her constant dissing of Iggy, i mean i dislike Iggy to death too but c'mon, let her fade away Az, you're Better Than That :creep:  I wanna give her another try tho'.

5SOS:horror: 

Iggy Azalea - :horror: :horror: :horror:

HAIM - I just like If I Could Change Your Mind, i tried to convince myself i liked the rest of the album but i can't believe my own lies, they bore me :icant:

Florence/Grimes/MGMT/Vampire Weekend - Maybe they need another listen but they are kinda boring like, i don't understand the hype, they're talented yes but, not for me :eek:

As for TVShows, i don't watch TV anymore, the only TVShow i really like is Twin Peaks, i tried BB and Mad Men, but they're such a bore to me, the same goes for GoT and Orange Is The New Black.

For books, i'm very picky about them  (and everything else for that matter) but i don't read a lot of books, i don't like stories that much, dunno, i usually just like classic books like A Clockwork Orange or To Kill A Mockingbird, those type of books.

Movies, euh, i watch films of certain directors or anything old, i don't go to the cinema because of me being picky af.

Those summer nights seem long ago
And so is the girl you used to call
The queen of New York City

Marina and the Diamonds
FKA Twigs (I like 1.5 songs by her)
The Weeknd (I only like 3 of his songs)
MGMT
PARTYNEXTDOOR
Frank Ocean (only like one song)
Azealia Banks
I won't name the last one because it would piss off a lot of people here.

Lou Reed/Velvet underground - I've tried so fucking hard to get into them both.You have no idea especially when one of my favs (David Bowie) produced/co-wrote Lou Reed's Transfomer LP :facepalm:

Azealia Banks  :eek: - I don't get the love for her I truly don't. But maybe its BC I don't really like that kinda music in the first place tbh. However I love her personality and she has some brilliant points of views.

Ellie Goulding - Everything about her is so fake and her nasal singing grates so much.I tried listening to Halycon twice on spotify and It just didn't get the appeal at all.She is highly overrated IMHO...

Ed Sheeran - I can rant on and on about him to the point were I can write an essay about how much he is over rated and how terrible he is at playing the guitar ect ect but I will just stop here :lel:

Ellie Goulding - Everything about her is so fake and her nasal singing grates so much.I tried listening to Halycon twice on spotify and It just didn't get the appeal at all.She is highly overrated IMHO...

Ed Sheeran - I can rant on and on about him to the point were I can write an essay about how much he is over rated and how terrible he is at playing the guitar ect ect but I will just stop here :lel:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371