Lirazel

Music (& stuff) people like that you tried to get into, but can’t

HAIM, Christina Aguilera, M.I.A., Paloma Faith, Iggy Azalea, St. Vincent, Birdy, etc.

And basically all male acts minus a few :creep:

Lol in less than two months this has already changed :toofunny: I absolutley L O V E St. Vincent now. I have like her whole discography. Iggy won me over on "Fancy" at least as well. The rest remain on the list of failures.

H0bDaqU.gif

Almost every artist I've tried to get in to. :/ I have such a particular taste. I sometimes try looking up the artists I see on this forum or click around Spotify's "similar artists" thing but with no luck. Its just weird because I obviously have some taste overlap with people here, I like Lana and Marina, but beyond that I can't get into any of the artists that are popular here or on MB beyond maybe 1-3 songs form someone here or there. And those disappear in a few weeks/months whereas Lana and Marina and a few others I have listened to for years.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

I tried to get into the various "icons/classics" (Like Michael Jackson, Ace of Base, Pet Shop Boys, Elton John, Madonna, Cher, etc.) and I never seem to get them. As if I was dislocated in time (well, we ARE on the "future").

In terms of TV, EVERYTHING. I don't watch TV and I feel somewhat irritated when people ask me how I'm still breathing without following a series of any sorts (Game of Thrones, for example, is made of various elements I love but I just can't love the format).

The biggest flaw of my liking according to the world is disliking The Simpsons. I never ever mention it, but everytime someone quotes a chapter or something and I don't get it, and tell them I don't watch them, I get the coldest glare and death threats a person can get.

Oh, and I'm an RPG gamer, I LOVE Final Fantasy and almost everything that has the slightest simmilarity, but I just can't like Anime or games involving cars, sports, and I LOATHE GTA, and seriously, whenever someone tells me they play GTA I judge them so hard.

EDIT:

And everytime an artist gets crowned as "gay diva of the season" I just fall out of love. It happened with GaGa, sometimes I feel it with Lana, and every other artist I dag from the beginning and then they explode and become gay people (and 10 year-olds) beacon.

St. Vincent

Father John Misty

Allie X

FKA Twigs

Foxes

Björk

Marina and the Diamonds (some of Electra Heart was ok)

M.I.A.

Santigold

0UrOw.gif

u poor thing

Asian Pop (I only like a few songs)

I can't stand k/jpop  :deadbanana:

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

And everytime an artist gets crowned as "gay diva of the season" I just fall out of love. It happened with GaGa, sometimes I feel it with Lana, and every other artist I dag from the beginning and then they explode and become gay people (and 10 year-olds) beacon.

So are you like internally a self-loathing homophobe, because that's just so fucking stupid. I apologize for how rude that sounds but this is literally so petulant and ridiculous.

"Oh no, other gays are beginning to swoon over MY artist, I suddenly hate their music because I'm ashamed of the gay culture that is starting to appreciate it."

It's not like gays are screaming YAAASS into your headphones while you listen to Gaga or Lana. Enjoy the music for what it is. Fuck. :facepalm:

Idk how to get my point across without sounding rude. :toofunny:

14417469274.gif

So are you like internally a self-loathing homophobe, because that's just so fucking stupid. I apologize for how rude that sounds but this is literally so petulant and ridiculous.

"Oh no, other gays are beginning to swoon over MY artist, I suddenly hate their music because I'm ashamed of the gay culture that is starting to appreciate it."

It's not like gays are screaming YAAASS into your headphones while you listen to Gaga or Lana. Enjoy the music for what it is. Fuck. :facepalm:

Idk how to get my point across without sounding rude. :toofunny:

Well, I didn't intended it to be rude, nor I choose what feelings I get. It just... happens. I'd appreciate you not being rude, since I'm just saying what merely happens to me. I don't loathe homosexuality, I just don't like parades, and overappreciated stuff. And whenever an artist is like the gay queen, she's being played EVERYWHERE, overtalked by EVERYONE, and it just feels suddenly what I wanted to hear is what I must hear. I feel like  I lose the liberty of choosing what to listen to and when. (That's just a theory).

I just feel really intimate with all I like. It's just who I am. I'm not going to beat anyone for liking nothing, nor compete against anyone for the "rarest" tastes. It's not that, once an artist becomes "popular" it's not that I start spreading hate, it's just... I simply fall out of love.

It's funny though, everytime someone really speaks their minds or opens up, or says something the rest didn't expect reading, they get all the hate. I don't get forums where people want to be homogenic. I don't get people's lives when they want to agree on everything a be a mass of same thought.

Edit: BTW, stop liking something is not equal to start hating it, please stop making your assumptions.

Hmmmmmm Bjork fan on a high horse about liking her.............how shocking and uncommon

I was talking about St. Vincent and MIA but okay.. ha ha ha ha

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

Hmmmmmm Bjork fan on a high horse about liking her.............how shocking and uncommon

You really are missing out. At least you like Chromatics! I haven't seen a fan on here before.

@

Music is a universal language. Artists put their music out there for the world to hear, not just you. When you come to terms with that and enjoy the music for what it is, music, instead of some exclusive possession, you might actually enjoy it. 

It's funny though, everytime someone really speaks their minds or opens up, or says something the rest didn't expect reading, they get all the hate. I don't get forums where people want to be homogenic. I don't get people's lives when they want to agree on everything a be a mass of same thought.

I don't really agree with this. Lately I see plenty of bickering about people making stupid/spam/irrelevant posts, but not anyone getting hate for their actual opinions. That generally only happens when someone words their opinion in a very abrasive way. If you don't recognize all the discussion that goes on here involving different views, then it's on you for not paying attention.

Edit: BTW, stop liking something is not equal to start hating it, please stop making your assumptions.

& Ok, to say you hate the music is an exaggeration on my part, but that doesn't invalidate my point that it's ridiculous for you to stop liking something just because other people start enjoying it. It's literally the most selfish/childish state of mind to feel that way. 

:magikarp:

14417469274.gif