Baby V Alex

Troye Sivan

9 minutes ago, americangothic said:

Nah, don't say that. Isn't the queer community meant to be an spectrum full of identities, ideologies and perspectives? There's no black and white in the fucking rainbow for a reason. 

As long as we all tolerate and respect each other's opinions, have the chance to respectfully portray our ideas, and don't force our own views on other members, what's the problem? Like you said, this whole stunt did exactly what he probably wanted in the first place: elicit and spark a reaction. Good strategy, Troye.

Friendly reminder that we all come from different backgrounds, with different coming out (or not) life stories. Not everybody had it easy, some of us are not quite where we'd like to be yet.

I might not agree with all of the things said here, but I have nothing but admiration for how brazen and brave y'all are.

And leaving all the controversy agenda aside, it all comes to the music at the end of the day, anyway. The song is really good, and I hope is a fucking hit, if he plays his cards right, why wouldn't it be? It's catchy as hell. He desperately wants it, and it shows.

Preach:mariah:

13 minutes ago, americangothic said:

Nah, don't say that. Isn't the queer community meant to be an spectrum full of identities, ideologies and perspectives? There's no black and white in the fucking rainbow for a reason. 

As long as we all tolerate and respect each other's opinions, have the chance to respectfully portray our ideas, and don't force our own views on other members, what's the problem? Like you said, this whole stunt did exactly what he probably wanted in the first place: elicit and spark a reaction. Good strategy, Troye.

Friendly reminder that we all come from different backgrounds, with different coming out (or not) life stories. Not everybody had it easy, some of us are not quite where we'd like to be yet.

I might not agree with all of the things said here, but I have nothing but admiration for how brazen and brave y'all are.

And leaving all the controversy agenda aside, it all comes to the music at the end of the day, anyway. The song is really good, and I hope is a fucking hit, if he plays his cards right, why wouldn't it be? It's catchy as hell. He desperately wants it, and it shows.

AMEN.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 hour ago, BartenderDeco said:

he really thought he’d have a WAP moment with the mv:bebe:

anyways the song sounds like another radio force-fed type song, so surprised pitchfork gave it best new track cause it sucks

More like Unholy. But the song is way better than that mess! I’m so excited for this record

Internalised homophobia jumped out with all this moral panic about a fun song that’s not even vulgar in the slightest :oprah2:

Edited by Furor Poeticus
Side note : there truly needs to be a nasty, WAP-like song about gay sex. Imagine the collapse

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

6 hours ago, americangothic said:

I completely see your point and I agree 100% with you.

Disclaimer: This is a bit of a rant, but is my point of view, please don't crucify me, and if you do, take into account that this is my personal opinion only, you have the absolute right to disagree with me and educate me if there's something missing that I'm not seeing:

Stunts like this is what gives society reasons to think that our queer community is full of sex obsessed nymphos, 'perverts' and 'degenerates', as they call us. I'm aware people like Sam or Troye are trying to come across as edgy trailblazers of sexual liberation. But in the long run, with the mindset of today's world, it causes more damage to our image and proves their point. It personally hurts me, a little. I don't want to be seen as some 'sex freak' just for being queer.

But to be fair, at the end of the day, with the mediocre vocal ability and limited musical talent of Troye, this is the only route to go next commercially. Giving people something to talk about, what's a lil' controversy to stay relevant, huh? Sex sells, and helps to disguise our lack of skills, anyway.

Even if I'm aware that his voice is average at best, I used to LOVE Troye's music. I was such a stan, even during the 'Bloom' era (that some people tend to shade). And I'm sure he'll give us bops, but the hypersexualization of his image is such a turn off for me. At least during the 'Blue Neighbourhood' era he had a vision, a concept, something interesting with a little bit of depth to bring to the table.

7 hours ago, Chorli Xbox said:

i know i’m probably gonna get blasted for this but am i the only one that misses the blue neighbourhood troye?

the video feels very cheap and uncomfortably hyper sexual to me (the multiple ass and thong shots etc). and yes, also everyone is super skinny and fit… maybe i’m just not used to it or maybe im just internally pissed that the grindr hookup culture, sexual things like jock straps and asking for someone’s nude twitter on first sight are our representation now these days idk

pls someone understand me i’m not trying to start anything :bebe:

i agree with these like i literally have nothing else to add

Sorry I just can't take him seriously, since he literally looks EXACTLY like my ex. I almost feel like I know him too intimately to enjoy his music due to the similarity 🙃

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

7 hours ago, Strangelove said:

Ninety percent? What world are you living in!? Sorry, but you sound closed minded. How do you even come to this conclusion. 

why yall acting like you never scrolled through twitter….. anyway… 

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

9 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

90% of gays are not on twitter LOL 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

43 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Did you know that all of your social media algorithms are literally personalized based on things you watched and liked 💀

I'm like this 🤏 close to buying the vinyl because this album cover is gorgeous, I want to be able to experience the cover and the rest of the artwork on a large print, and I want to support Troye because I love everything about this era so far.

Buuuuttt, I feel stupid buying a vinyl when I don't have a record player, have no intention of ever getting one, it's like $40 with shipping, and while I do like Troye's music generally, I don't listen to him a lot. Help. :ohno:

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

9 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

In regards to your edit

traumatized

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

5 hours ago, venicebitch said:

Did you know that all of your social media algorithms are literally personalized based on things you watched and liked 💀

omg am i THE faggot then :defeated:

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever