Fluorine

Charli XCX

I mean who’s crying tho.. lmao it’s just obnoxious for everyone to suddenly be like “yknow what this album actually kind of sucked” I mean you don’t have to like it but that doesn’t make it objectively bad. There’s a reason that it was critically well-received.

I mean I’ve always been on the fence about this album, it’s not like I went from being enthusiastic to hating it which I do not, I was just drawing my own conclusions after a few months of having (not) listened to it

Like people on here literally called NFR a masterpiece the day it leaked and now are saying it’s overrated and I’m obnoxious for making a point about the tracklist? Ok

I mean who’s crying tho.. lmao it’s just obnoxious for everyone to suddenly be like “yknow what this album actually kind of sucked” I mean you don’t have to like it but that doesn’t make it objectively bad. There’s a reason that it was critically well-received.

Just because something is well received critically it doesn’t mean people have to like it.

I said I liked the album when I initially heard it but in reality now I think the only songs I actively choose to listen to are Warm and Gone. The album aged like spoiled milk. Opinions change and that’s okay, just because someone said something 3 months ago it doesn’t make it etched in stone, they’re allowed the change their minds and I don’t think other people should get so offended by it.

giphy.gif

Just because something is well received critically it doesn’t mean people have to like it.

I said I liked the album when I initially heard it but in reality now I think the only songs I actively choose to listen to are Warm and Gone. The album aged like spoiled milk. Opinions change and that’s okay, just because someone said something 3 months ago it doesn’t make it etched in stone, they’re allowed the change their minds and I don’t think other people should get so offended by it.

Nobody is offended lmao, like who is offended; show of hands? I was just pointing out how amusing it was for one person to cause a domino effect of people complaining on the album out of nowhere. Just because I don’t agree doesn’t mean I’m offended.

Can we leave “_____aged like milk” in the 2010s? That phrase aged like......... milk. :creep:

14417469274.gif

tea but i think she meant it as "BE-A-U-tiful" 

I always thought it was wordplay off the 'BAU' acronym we use at work - Business As Usual. Not actually sure anyone else uses that though lol.

i want to get into Charli XCX but I don't know where to start? any songs you recommend? what is the West Coast of Charli XCX songs? does she have a large unreleased discography that is worth listening to? i hope someone actually responds lol

Released ;

1. 1 Night by Mura Masa
  2. After The Afterparty / Boys are both like her own West Coasts
  3. Babygirl 
  4. Girls Night Out
  5. Vroom Vroom
  6. Stay Away / Grins  (I cant decide on ONE TR song  :toofunny: )
  7. Unlock It 
  8. Track 10
  9. Gone
  10. Blame It On Your Love
  11. Official

Unreleased ;

1. Our Boyfriend
  2. Come To My Party
  3. Reflecting
  4. Taxi
  5. Dance 4 U / Justin Bieber (Mixtape Era)

I tried to make this list as diverse as possible while also highlighting moments from her career and Showcasing the major poles of her sound

If 1999 and BIOYL weren't on Charli I wouldn't have any complaints about the flow tbh. I like those 2 songs but they really don't fit in. The transition from Cross You Out to 1999? Disgusting. The transition from Cross You Out to Click feels more correct. I can easily make a playlist without 1999 and BIOYL, and did, tho so idrc that much Anyways, 'Charli' def got a solid body of work in there. One of my fave albums released this year. She served. 

qfrWuBl.png

The only issue with Charli are the most pop and less pc music tunes (1999, BIOYL, White Mercedes...) They're not bad songs per se, especially WM, but they don't really fit with the rest of the album. If it was 12 tracks, and the tracklist was more coherent it would have been perfect. But it's one of the most ambitious projects Charli ever made and one of her best body of work imo. Def a career defining moment for her.

07772f16031f371bb19c2650cab67790a3966c6d

Where did all the BEST ALBUM EVER CHARLI >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NFR talk go? Am I still on the same forum? Was that just release euphoria?

im here girl!

IDWN is still my favorite balled (unless Charli remasters IWBWU)

Thoughts is an amazing downward spiraling song and when I just frustrated

I still cry and gush to Official and White Mercedes

Shake it, Click, Silver Cross and 2099 are my dancing JAMS

NLC is still so fucking iconic to me

Warm is still so cute and relaxing 

Gone makes me want to SCREAM

Feb 2017 still makes me want to cheat on my boyfriend to beg for this forgivness 

CYO when I can't STAND A BITCh

and finally 1999 and BIYL are still cute girllies 

tea but i think she meant it as "BE-A-U-tiful" 

oh yea obvs that was the intention

I always thought it was wordplay off the 'BAU' acronym we use at work - Business As Usual. Not actually sure anyone else uses that though lol.

i love this i hope she actually was that clever lol

X----into me, into you----X

next week i'm djing and i'm gonna play doing it (solo ver obviously) but i really wanted to go with click, i won't do shake it because i already played it and i hate repeating songs on my sets, anyways, i would love to see the faces of all the gays on the last seconds of it, sadly, i live in a city where pop music like charli's ain't appreciated, so i felt like i had to tone down a bit so that's why i went with doing it