Fluorine

Charli XCX

i disagree, Charli is her magnus opus for me and I would not mind if she continues to elaborate with them.

plus easyfun, yummy

I’m going to get shit for this but Pop 2 was miles better than Charli which was good but not great. I think Charli has always done her best work when she pushes herself to explore something new (Vroom Vroom, Pop 2, even True Romance was a very ~different~ sound at the time). Charli felt very comfortable to me, it felt like she was just recycling the Pop 2 formula, and I’d like to see her switch up her sound.

I’m going to get shit for this but Pop 2 was miles better than Charli which was good but not great. I think Charli has always done her best work when she pushes herself to explore something new (Vroom Vroom, Pop 2, even True Romance was a very ~different~ sound at the time). Charli felt very comfortable to me, it felt like she was just recycling the Pop 2 formula, and I’d like to see her switch up her sound.

i agree 100%!!! also doesn’t help how oversaturated the y2k/pc adjacent field got in 2019. i’m ready for a change

i love charli + ag together and even though i don't like him, i also like umru + charli, basically, anyone who produced charli i'm on board with

but i do agree that it would be nice if charli could come out of this "bubble" and work with others producers who are actually similar to her sound but at the same, it's nothing of the sort like iglooghost or arca

i still want charli to stay on the electronic side of things but there's so much she could explore and still be charli

Charli does not need to work with Arca LOL like she ruined Björk’s last album. All she really offers in her production is empty, “atmospheric” drawn out soundscapes with some “weird” quirky nonsense that rarely adds something valuable to the song.

Charli is a good album. Yes, it’s a culmination of her mixtapes / PC sound but why does that have to be a bad thing? I swear the gays get bored so quickly. She’s only just released an album after 5 years, it was such an EVENT for her & it was preceded by all the positive acclaim for her mixtapes - so of course she’s going to build upon that same sound in the album. Be honest with yourselves tho; it’s Charli baby; She’s not going to stick to the same sound forever. We know that.

I’m not worried about her continuing to work with AG. They seem to really understand each other musically & that’s rare. I’m happy for her that she’s finally found her clique of music friends/producers. I believe she’ll find ways to move her sound forward no matter what. I’d love for the next project to have less features, but I know it’ll be good either way.

14417469274.gif

pop 2 worked because she still was underrated and she wasn’t 100% sure of what she was doing. charli was her trying to recreate the same feeling to capitalize on the strengths of pop 2, but because the circumstances weren’t the same it’s just not as good lol plus her ego has gotten a bit unbearable xx

pop 2 worked because she still was underrated and she wasn’t 100% sure of what she was doing. charli was her trying to recreate the same feeling to capitalize on the strengths of pop 2, but because the circumstances weren’t the same it’s just not as good lol plus her ego has gotten a bit unbearable xx

I love that she hypes herself up this much but yeah I’m starting to worry it might affect the music

I love that she hypes herself up this much but yeah I’m starting to worry it might affect the music

I really don‘t think she is serious when she says the whole „best album ever“ „best band ever“ „I‘m the biggest pop star ever“ stuff, it‘s just memes and hype. To me it‘s pretty obvious that it‘s part of her humor and that she is pretty humble actually. She is just happy about her music and her achievements which is nice

I really don‘t think she is serious when she says the whole „best album ever“ „best band ever“ „I‘m the biggest pop star ever“ stuff, it‘s just memes and hype. To me it‘s pretty obvious that it‘s part of her humor and that she is pretty humble actually. She is just happy about her music and her achievements which is nice

this 100%

I really believe that XCX4 will be a complete departure from the PC music, if you look at her 3 albums all are very different, sonically and aesthetically, like True Romance is very post-net, gothic pop. Yet Sucker was a complete 360 with the bright aesthetic and 90s high school thing she had going on - plus it was punk influenced. And then Charli which is a complete new sound and visuals too.

I think the only difference with the PC era is that it was dragged out due to the XCX World situation and therefore Vroom Vroom, Number 1 Angel and Pop 2 evolved from that time and became almost teasers or mini era's building up to when she finally got to release the PC-infused pop album that she wanted.

I feel like the next album will be like an evolved version of the True Romance sound mixed with some cling clang sounds, since she's been hyping up True Romance a lot lately

I’ve always seen N1A as that, and then POP 2 is like TR 3.0...

Like the opening of Dreamer is 100% that goth-electro TR vibe, then she comes in with some stronger, more confident pop hip-hop/trap vibes... it’s a bit like Cloud Aura but 10 times better. Then I feel like she keeps it up throughout the mixtape, then POP 2 is just the TR sound pushed even further, in a more glossy, polished direction.