Fluorine

Charli XCX

17 minutes ago, Diamantes said:

i honestly love how weird melancholy moaning noises are an actual valid sound component. like it's dynamic. it's modern. it's obvs evocative. so much depth :oprah3:

me too, she's so ahead of her time and painfully underrated it actually annoys me

like i don't she has made a single bad song, i can't name any. amazing

even though beach hut in hawaii was a joke it still gave bob marley a run for his money, all it needed was a rework :oprah3:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Okay so I just listened to the deluxe and literally the only song I'm truly convinced I love is Sorry If I Hurt You (!!!!)

Selfish Girl is okay, but I'm not crazy about it.

What You Think About Me has a great production (love those guitars) but the chorus is sooo annoying to me :( like, I love its message but not its execution. Verses are great though.

How Can I Not Know... that's a no. Feels so over the place, didn't really enjoy it at all.

I feel like Just One Touch (now I found it!) would've been better dddd. If she just slapped Sorry If I Hurt You and Just One Touch as bonus tracks I'd be happy. WYTAM might be a grower though.

Aaaaand I think this is my overall ranking from the 16 songs (rn).

Spoiler

1. Lightning

2. Used to Know Me

3. Yuck

4. Sorry If I Hurt You

5. Constant Repeat

6. Move Me

7. Crash

8. Beg for You

9. Good Ones

10. New Shapes

11. Twice

12. Selfish Girl

13. Baby

14. Every Rule

15. What You Think About Me

16. How Can I Not Know What I Need Right Now

Spoiler

Translated into the 'tier' scale:

GOD TIER

Lightning

Used to Know Me

Yuck

Sorry If I Hurt You

Constant Repeat

Move Me

YAAAAS TIER

Crash

Beg for You

Good Ones

New Shapes

TOP TIER

Twice

OKAY TIER

Selfish Girl

Baby

Every Rule

MEH TIER

What You Think About Me

NAH TIER

How Can I Not Know What I Need Right Now

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

10 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

WHAT YOU WANT  *kick*  *kick* yassified-yassification.gif I AINT GOT IT

dance-crazy.gifrtCoWpr.gif

10 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

me too, she's so ahead of her time and painfully underrated it actually annoys me

like i don't she has made a single bad song, i can't name any. amazing

even though beach hut in hawaii was a joke it still gave bob marley a run for his money, all it needed was a rework :oprah3:

i'm actually a newer fan but i'll take ur word for it. and honestly tho, it takes a certain control to express the TYPE of moan, like it might sound funny, and that can be good, but like- it has to feel right and appropriate for the sound.  imma google that song 

UV/Honeymoon

5 minutes ago, Diamantes said:

i'm actually newer fan but i'll take ur word for it. and honestly tho, it takes a certain control to express the TYPE of moan, like it might sound funny, and that can be good, but like- it has to feel right and appropriate for the sound.  imma google that song 

you would LOVE her song Lucky

rtCoWpr.gif

2 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

you would LOVE her song Lucky

rtCoWpr.gif

and i got you, her crying while im cumming moment, like that song is so beautiful :oprah2::trisha:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

This probably a really controversial take but I'm disappointed w the deluxe tracks! Selfish Girl is so boring I expected way better. Sorry If I Hurt You is a massive bop though I will say, it should have been on the original tracklist instead of Every Rule. Wish we got Sweat as well so disappointed but can someone please leak it now as we've heard so much of the studio version in the ads? 

13 minutes ago, 99tears said:

This probably a really controversial take but I'm disappointed w the deluxe tracks! Selfish Girl is so boring I expected way better. Sorry If I Hurt You is a massive bop though I will say, it should have been on the original tracklist instead of Every Rule.

You're right! Sorry If I Hurt You fits better instead of Every Rule in the tracklist :gclap: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Just heard the 4 bonus tracks and even though I like them a lot, I feel like they have a VERY different vibe from most of the other songs on the album.

These songs sound more like classic Charli instead of that "sell-out" main pop girl sound from 70% of the CRASH album.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde