Fluorine

Charli XCX

10 minutes ago, Heartmachine said:

She really just said “click the link to hack me…” :toofunny: :toofunny: :rollin:

What was the code, anyway?

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

24 minutes ago, CHARLICXC said:

It is so insane how crazy mean so many people were before the whole album came out. Like I literally was about to not enjoy it as much because people were so critical of it. Then it dropped and after like two days, literally it’s nothing but good comments that I’ve seen. I love Charles so much like I’m so happy she’s getting all this praise and love after everyone giving their think pieces on how she’s fallen off before the album even dropped. Every song in the album just fits very well and honestly even though it’s short, it’s really nice. Like I can just listen to it in it’s entirety in a sitting. This is.a dumb ramble but yeah crash is wonderful. Also deluxe tracks are so f*cking good like she just keeps winning.

No ur right tho. Like how a ton of ppl thought new shapes was the worst thing ever recorded, and now i consistently see ppl backtracking since the album dropped.

can’t wait for a month from now when ppl are gonna be like “omg sewww *insert deluxe track I decided to dislike for no good reason* is actually kinda a serve, it just clicked” :facepalm:

NAHHHH cause i’m obsessed with what you think about me ! she’s doing her tila tequila voice like on hell yeah baby and it’s everything i wanted. also the lyrics are giving me taylor swift and the instrumental is giving me 2013 charli …..there’s really levels to this shit ! 

Just now, iconiclogan said:

what you think about me is good omg…..what’s not clicking

the song itself is fine but compared to the rest of the album (even beg for you) it sounds like an overproduced pop sucker outtake

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

7 minutes ago, CHARLICXC said:

It is so insane how crazy mean so many people were before the whole album came out. Like I literally was about to not enjoy it as much because people were so critical of it. Then it dropped and after like two days, literally it’s nothing but good comments that I’ve seen. I love Charles so much like I’m so happy she’s getting all this praise and love after everyone giving their think pieces on how she’s fallen off before the album even dropped. Every song in the album just fits very well and honestly even though it’s short, it’s really nice. Like I can just listen to it in it’s entirety in a sitting. This is.a dumb ramble but yeah crash is wonderful. Also deluxe tracks are so f*cking good like she just keeps winning.

I think interestingly it was only the really hardcore fans that were critical of the era before the album dropped, myself included and honestly yeah I am still very disappointed with the project. But once the album came out and it got more buzz, playlisting, the possibility of a number 1 debut, decent reviews, etc. the typical main pop girl type of excitement and hype, I think a wider audience tuned in and some stans are genuinely happy for her (myself included). 

I also think saving songs like Lightening, Crash, and Constant Repeat (although the latter imo is quite undertake but definitely melodically much more on par quality wise of her previous releases) for the album release was smart move because it sort of allowed for some "resolution" of sorts for disappointed stans who missed the more edgy Charli. 

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

the song itself is fine but compared to the rest of the album (even beg for you) it sounds like an overproduced pop sucker outtake

Not sure if you're familiar with Alaska Reid (AG Cook's girlfriend whom he produces for) but imo it sounds like a leftover from one of her projects

19 minutes ago, zaddyxcx said:

No ur right tho. Like how a ton of ppl thought new shapes was the worst thing ever recorded, and now i consistently see ppl backtracking since the album dropped.

can’t wait for a month from now when ppl are gonna be like “omg sewww *insert deluxe track I decided to dislike for no good reason* is actually kinda a serve, it just clicked” :facepalm:

I’ve been adamant about new shapes from the beginning, I still find it unlistenable-this is the herd mentality affect-people who are very impressionable from sociological behaviour. 

i actually really love this era, i would love to hear all of the outtakes and unreleased/demo's from this album, maybe we'll get them one day

her soppy sadder songs are my favourite, that's where she does her best work imo, like give me synths and dramatic vocals and weird melancholy moaning noises ma'am !!

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

47 minutes ago, CHARLICXC said:

that's bc the single choices were terrible IMO although I'm happy we got the better songs in the album and not the other way around

after a few listens i think my initial favourite is how can i not know what i need right now, but i’m really enjoying all 4 tracks. also i think it’s so cute that she made a track called sorry if i hurt you, she seemed to really like that title for the album and now it still gets to be a part of this era.