Trash Magic

"Life Is Beautiful" - Soundtrack for The Age of Adaline

If this is her first single. Maybe it's cause everyone seems to like her ballads so much(Old Money being requested during her concerts) more than her upbeat stuff/nonballad ones? The more I listen to it the more I love how it sounds like Old Money.

IDK but I think if Life is Beautiful was an unreleased song, us fans would prolly go gaga over it and want it to be on an album. Same if Angels Forever(one of her fan fav unreleased songs) was a soundtrack song/on an album, the fans would find it boring/repetitive like Big Eyes instead.

I don't even like Old Money, honestly. The verses are nice, but the chorus is awful. I prefer Methamphetamines, even with its awful quality. Dan Heath's production doesn't help; he's just pretty bland overall, I think.

I'm always annoyed at how messy Lana's releases are. You're just kept in the dark and then maybe something drops. There's no excitement, imo, just frustration. A little hype (that you follow up on) is good, it gives you something to look forward to. But knowing Lana, this snippet may be all we get of LIB, honestly. PWIC video, anyone?

Is anything that's messy *really* "Lana's fault?" I mean, it's not like she made the trailer with the LIB snippet. How much control does the artist really have when promoting or releasing anything?

If LIB is really just a soundtrack, why didn't she (or they) release it? Big Eyes came out before the movie release and it was obvious it wasn't for the new album.

TheWrap is talking about Lana's video "Life Is Beautiful" that she posted on her social media accounts to boost the movie. My feeling is that this is a late contribution of hers with Heath for the movie and will end up as a bonus track on HM like BB on UV. That's why the song didn't appeared on the movie's soundtrack. It's less likely that she sacrificed an important track (single) from HM to promote the movie. I don't think that HM will sound like LiB tbh

Is anything that's messy *really* "Lana's fault?" I mean, it's not like she made the trailer with the LIB snippet. How much control does the artist really have when promoting or releasing anything?

It's not 100% her fault, but it is partly. When she agreed to do the song, she should've made sure it was planned to be on the soundtrack or have some kind of release to promote the movie, or at least express why the song isn't being released or what the song will be used for/how we will get the full thing.

Then the other part is the fault of the movie director/producer/whoever the hell does score/soundtrack stuff. They should have put the song on the soundtrack and made sure with Lana and her label that it was okay to release on the st.

Then again, it could've been Interscope's fault for not letting her release it, right????

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

It's not 100% her fault, but it is partly. When she agreed to do the song, she should've made sure it was planned to be on the soundtrack or have some kind of release to promote the movie, or at least express why the song isn't being released or what the song will be used for/how we will get the full thing.

Then the other part is the fault of the movie director/producer/whoever the hell does score/soundtrack stuff. They should have put the song on the soundtrack and made sure with Lana and her label that it was okay to release on the st.

Then again, it could've been Interscope's fault for not letting her release it, right????

If the song's for another film, I don't really think she has much control over it besides the writing and recording process so

VyIsfwC.jpg

If the song's for another film, I don't really think she has much control over it besides the writing and recording process so

Maybe she doesn't but she could at least tweet something about it so the whole confusion is dealt with. We're kind of being left in the dark about the whole thing so the way it's being handled is kind of, well... messy.

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

She's messy but that's one reason why I love her. She had/has piss poor management in my opinion, no vision, no planning, no execution, they just fucked up the UV era tbh. That's why she's facinating: is she who's calling the shots and therefore she is responsible for all the messy situations she's getting into or is she maneuvered by someone like Mawson and others like him? Certainly I cannot blame Mawson, no matter how I hate the guy, for the MM rape video... Maybe LiB was a quick payola for promo, maybe we get a video soon, you'll never know. Fingers crossed that they don't mess up the HM era but what I really care about is the music and not her business choices.

LiB seems to be a fitting soundtrack for the movie but nothing more, that's why is disappointing that her management didn't put the song on the movie's soundtrack.

Being a Lana fan in 2015 is like being a Mazzy Star fan post-Among My Swan :deadbanana:

This is so funny and so true. Following Lana reminds me of being a fan of music before the internet, when nobody knew anything until a record arrived in the racks.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

No, it's just annoying. The attention-span of ppl these days is way too short. When you spill, spill all or don't wait for ages. People lose interest way too quickly.

She hyped up UV for 6 months and once it was out, she dropped it like a hot potato, shot shitty videos (expect for Shades Of Cool), behaved like a bitch in interviews and cancelled everything without an explanation.

I hope she is in a better mood now and more communicative than last time around. Otherwise she will lose even more fans