Trash Magic

"Life Is Beautiful" - Soundtrack for The Age of Adaline

there is still no difference lollllllllll they're both just opinions, i dont get why you have to be pissy about it

I think they mean it's a difference between stating your opinion and bashing something to the ground and acting like your personalopinion is a fact. Some members here love to do this.

But I agree, Lanas behaviour is more than unpleasant since UV. Cancelling last minute withou even apologising and not giving her fans anything apart the record itself os super weak. And I think all those "Lana needs no promo she just does her thing" fans need to sit down. Promo's not just about sales but about giving your fans something to hear/see. And the way she acts when it comes to LIB is unbearable aswell.

I love Lanas music but her diva-allures are annoying as fuck. I'll defend her when so called critics bully her for no reason but if she's critisized for her recent behaviou, people have every right to do so

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

People here don't seem to understand how a record label works. She might have written the song but they are the owners, she's the artist and they capitalize her work. If her label decided to not release the full song isn't her fault. We should know by now her manager is shit, there's no planning at all.

I don't know why people want Lana to be Taylor Swift, when Taylor Swift herself would love to be Lana (as would Lorde, as would Sam Smith or anyone who copies her, and

becomes more for the day bigger than her, but where will Sam Smith be 5 years from now? Probably forgotten along with Lorde and all the copies.

Taylor Swift wants to be the most commercial of artists, but that means little artistically.

People hear nothing from the legends in between albums/shows- and by legends not talking 2015, talking throughout history

Dylan, Jerry Garcia, Paul Simon- no gossip, no press releases, they release something, or do a show and people see that, nothing more or less.

One never hears much about Bruce Springsteen in between long, long spans.

How much did one ever hear from Roy Orbison?

Comparing Lana to a female artist? Why? Compare her to the biggest artists which is more what she is going for than Rihanna or Taylor or Iggy or Miley or Lindsay Lohan people looking for 24/7/365 media

I myself would rather be able to walk alone on a street, or go into a café or restaurant without being chased all over town.

Sort of an anti-star, instead of the flavor of the minute.

The sort of thing that gets remembered 25 years from now.

As for tv in USA? After the shit she went through, why bother? Thankfully NBC Brian Williams got his ass handed to him, karma came back and kicked his rear end but good. After what he did to Lana, glad it happened.

And Lana did great on SNL, in fact, so great that Sam Smith copied the entire style on SNL, yet he was beloved. Why?

As for Life is Beautiful- obviously the Adeline people wanted the trailer, perhaps due to Honeymoon being released, the record company doesn't want competing sales.

So they nixed soundtrack.

As for the supposed missed publicity in Europe? Perhaps that was never definite, or they forgot to pay Lana for the plane ticket over. Perhaps it was just rumors.

As for Ultraviolence, one of the greatest full lps in history, one song better than the next, listened to fully as an album (not meant for singles, much like Elton John's Capt. Fantastic

or Goodbye Yellowbrick Road.). Which is a throwback to the 60-70s also, to listen to a full album.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

@@graham4anything your whole post has like nothing to do with what people are complaining about. Also comparing Lana to "legends" isn't any better than comparing her to mainstream singers like rihanna or taylor, she's neither of those (at least not 100%). She isn't someone who "wants" to be in magazines 24/7 but it would help her if she would do anything during an album era, it doesn't have to be anything that involves "random gossip" but she could just do some performances on tv (we got some good ones, it's not like she can't sing live at all), release music videos (her videos during BTD were so good why did she suddenly stop expressing herself visually during UV?) or radio sessions (her bbc one turned out pretty good and i really like her Goodbye Kiss Cover so why wouldn't she want to do something like that again?). I agree with pretty much everything Electric Body said in his post earlier, she's been terribly lazy during the UV era and i want everything but that Lana stays as lazy as she was after the Paradise Tour.

i76mrxw.png 

I think they mean it's a difference between stating your opinion and bashing something to the ground and acting like your personalopinion is a fact. Some members here love to do this.

But I agree, Lanas behaviour is more than unpleasant since UV. Cancelling last minute withou even apologising and not giving her fans anything apart the record itself os super weak. And I think all those "Lana needs no promo she just does her thing" fans need to sit down. Promo's not just about sales but about giving your fans something to hear/see. And the way she acts when it comes to LIB is unbearable aswell.

I love Lanas music but her diva-allures are annoying as fuck. I'll defend her when so called critics bully her for no reason but if she's critisized for her recent behaviou, people have every right to do so

Thank you, I thought we learn how to read in kindergarten or 1st grade (or some of us, before) but I guess not.

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

People here don't seem to understand how a record label works. She might have written the song but they are the owners, she's the artist and they capitalize her work. If her label decided to not release the full song isn't her fault. We should know by now her manager is shit, there's no planning at all.

This is very true!!!!

This botched release is likely not Lanas fault

That's what I was thinking a few pages ago but I wasn't exactly sure

@-  that is playing the game the others are playing. The music stands alone. She doesn't need to do anything, the music stands alone.

As for the videos, both Shades of Cool and West Coast were great videos showcasing the songs and continuing the story from prior videos.

Ultraviolence was indeed a very stylized video, though it was not what some were expecting or wanting, which is what makes them Lana's. Never doing what is expected.

Name one other person that got a debut #1 album without doing one bit of USA tv or publicity. Sam Smith did everything and anything and sold his soul, and he did and still never has reached #1 in America, and his music is a direct copy of Lana's.

Her 2 songs that were specifically directed to the critics and rebuttals from other artists say it all - both I f'ed my way to the top and Money/Power/Glory.

Put Lana back in 1969 and she would have already had 10 number one singles and 3 number one albums. There really is no female artist in the USA that has become number one in history doing it her own way.

None at all.
If she was a male artist in what is a male world, she would be lauded for everything she has done (much like Prince, for instance).

Yes, all time artists are important, because what Lana is doing has not been done before.

Sure some may want this, or some may want that, but that is what others want, and not what she wants.

Diva? I don't think Lana knows what the word is. She just is in a different linear place than others are.

Much like Leonard Cohen. Tell me the last time Leonard Cohen did a publicity tour in the US that included the late night or early morning tv shows.

I also don't recall Leonard doing that back in the 1960s either.

(edit as it clicked in duplicate)

to add- in just 2 weeks, there should be 200 new versions of every single night of the tour available on youtube for all of us to watch. Seems like each night is always filmed and posted.

And though I expect 85% of the songs to be the same as in prior tours as most people in the US have not seen her in concert, and would be disappointed if say, Video Games or Ride or Summertime Saddness is not done, a few different songs should be added.

I look forward to seeing each nights performances on youtube, along with the shows I am going to (3 definite so far, possibly more if I can get the time off).

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I honestly hope we don't get a music video for this song, or anything related lol cause everyone's 839743485739485743897638753948574389574385683457438578%% more hyped about her new album than this song. Promoting this song more in any way will just take away time from anything related to the new album, and as we all know Lana and her management like to take their time

:smokes2:  :smokes3:  :smokes4:  :bye2:

:smokes:

I know I'm kinda late on this and I don't know what's going on. The movie soundtrack is out already, but why Life Is Beautiful isn't in it at all? Something I've missed? Or did the company decided to pull out last minute?

In terms of talent, Lana deserves to be more successful than Taylor Swift. However, Taylor works harder than Lana so she deserves her sales and numbers ones etc.

I know I'm kinda late on this and I don't know what's going on. The movie soundtrack is out already, but why Life Is Beautiful isn't in it at all? Something I've missed? Or did the company decided to pull out last minute?

We know nothing at this point, really. :deadbanana:

In terms of talent, Lana deserves to be more successful than Taylor Swift. However, Taylor works harder than Lana so she deserves her sales and numbers ones etc.

Lana's music and talent deserves more success than Taylor and can have as much as her, if not more than her, but Lana really doesn't even care about that and numbers and sales. Of course she wants her music to do well but she couldn't care less.