Trash Magic

"Life Is Beautiful" - Soundtrack for The Age of Adaline

No, it's just annoying. The attention-span of ppl these days is way too short. When you spill, spill all or don't wait for ages. People lose interest way too quickly.

She hyped up UV for 6 months and once it was out, she dropped it like a hot potato, shot shitty videos (expect for Shades Of Cool), behaved like a bitch in interviews and cancelled everything without an explanation.

I hope she is in a better mood now and more communicative than last time around. Otherwise she will lose even more fans

tbh this is the ugly truth  :crossed:

RVhKIwP.gif

Can ya'll calm down, there's been no actual announcement of anything really so wait until her label actually announces something....

Some of you are acting like its going to kill her career, no one has probably heard anything about this song apart of her stans..

qsVmBMd.png

We already got a tease of Life is Beautiful, I highly doubt its the first single because of that, the first single will probably be something she can build up hype for not something we've heard, we probably won't get LIB until Honeymoon, and I'd be okay with that with a first single to hold me down, I feel like if Age of Adaline were to post a lyric video or something for promo, it probably would've been released already since the movie already premiered i feel liek that ship has sailed. Thats just my opinion. 

Considering the press Lana got for Great Gatsby and Y&B, OUAD, and the nods for Big Eyes, I think it's safe to say that her name would be a selling point/publicity draw for the soundtrack. I can't imagine why this is yet to be listed on any soundtrack listing.

Perhaps wasn't ready at the time of the soundtrack listing was announced or maybe some strange backstage politics. We'll likely never know.

Either way, we still have until May 19th for the official release (according to Amazon), so it's a bit premature to panic.

Considering the press Lana got for Great Gatsby and Y&B, OUAD, and the nods for Big Eyes, I think it's safe to say that her name would be a selling point/publicity draw for the soundtrack. I can't imagine why this is yet to be listed on any soundtrack listing.

Perhaps wasn't ready at the time of the soundtrack listing was announced or maybe some strange backstage politics. We'll likely never know.

Either way, we still have until May 19th for the official release (according to Amazon), so it's a bit premature to panic.

Wait. Release of the song or the soundtrack?

Wait. Release of the song or the soundtrack?

The film's soundtrack:

http://www.amazon.com/Adaline-Original-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack/dp/B00VRJ64FI

I thought it was commonplace to release a movie soundtrack shortly before (in some cases, maybe just after), but it's strange to have it released almost a month later? That doesn't seem smart in terms of planning.

Lmao, Lana can do whatever she wants to and you (the fans) can't even tell her what to do, if she wants to lose some of her fans, then she will.

Those fans weren't even real fans if she lost them because the song didn't even release, so who cares.

True fans will stay with her even if she releases an album with 6 songs, that doesn't matter.

The point is that some of you are way too judgemental, it's just a song, and it's Lana's choice to choose what to do with it.

giphy.gif

Tbh y'all expect too much, this video was released, what, a week ago? We already have 200-300+ songs from her, what more do you want  :toofunny:

Plus it sounds exactly like OUAD, Y&B etc. Even Old Money. I don't get the hype??

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-29%20at%2019.35.

https://itunes.apple.com/podcast/the-only-music-podcast/id975273022 …

@3:48 I could only hear the snippet though

What do they talk about? My podcast app is acting up for some reason

Edit: never mind...just the snippet. Then they argue about her "persona" and BTD being a PR stunt rather than album...so, they're basically recycling everything we know that turned out to be false rumors.

I suggest they read this article: http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/music/a29046/lana-del-rey-feminist

And then try to understand the sardonic tone of UV's lyrics. Or maybe read interviews with all of her past collaborators that have said she's very in control of her own sound and image. It's not fair to relegate LDR as a "persona" when she's exhibiting her own perspective and combining her own personal demons with an aesthetic that she loves.

No, it's just annoying. The attention-span of ppl these days is way too short. When you spill, spill all or don't wait for ages. People lose interest way too quickly.

She hyped up UV for 6 months and once it was out, she dropped it like a hot potato, shot shitty videos (expect for Shades Of Cool), behaved like a bitch in interviews and cancelled everything without an explanation.

I hope she is in a better mood now and more communicative than last time around. Otherwise she will lose even more fans

Your view on it is interesting. In your opinion, she'll lose more fans, but a lot of people I've talked to who weren't fans of UV or BTD were glad she dropped UV like she did and started work instantly on HM. I do agree though, she needs to be more open about what's going and talk about it instead of just kind of dropping hints and then not following through with her original plan without any explanation. I think the only reason why she dropped UV was because she had something to get over that she used to album to deal with and she found her muse to make HM, which shows that she has creative control over her which is good (but messy... :rip:)

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

People are amazingly shortsighted.

Lana has 300 songs all available to us in one form or another and while there might be a little more control over leaks now, there have been at least 3 new songs so far this year, the promise

of a brand new album, many tour dates, almost all of which will have clips taken and be available for us to watch new life performances of her songs

Think of artists, like, say Adele- what does she have 2 albums? 20 songs maybe 30 total songs and zippo, nothing at all. no gossip, no nothing.

Kate Bush disappears for years and years

Joni Mitchell (wishing her the best in her hours of need) basically retired years ago

And Lana is not trying to be in the news 24/7/365 or needing to be the star of the moment, when she is going to be the star of the 2000s, and thought of like Bob Dylan, Brian Wilson or Paul Simon or

the Beatles or the Dead. (note- all those are MALE artists in a male recording business...Lana is doing it HER WAY which is just about unheard of for a female star, who is not mass produced like

say Diana Ross was or in her early years, or Petula Clark or even Mama Cass singing songs of John Phillips. (Same with all the others).

Me, I am grateful for new songs when they appear, and figure Honeymoon will be released as they do nowadays, instantly and most likely in a week nothing else will, so it can debut at #1.

Sorry if this offends anyone.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp