Sebastian

Honeymoon

the only thing that worries me is that it is the same structure like big eyes and i can fly. if we add that to the typical heath production, it could end up being a snoozefest. 

On the other hand, it can turn out awesome, depending on how her delivery is and how it is produced, like always.

And stop with this Marina vs lana bullshit. Just because Mariana writes about more topics, it doesn't make her a better writer.

I can also sit down and write a song about cabbage, but if it sucks, it sucks. 

Both of them are not as brilliant as some deluded ones point out they are. They are doing good for what they are up to. 

Considering the amount of tracks she had written over the past decade, we should give her a break. It's okay to dislike the lyrics and I agree it's not her best but some of you are acting like she isn't capable of much more. We criticize the production, the promotion, her performances etc. and we are right to do so since they are things that can be out of her control. But the lyrics is one of the things I won't say much about - I want her to write in the way that she'll be happy with the final product in the end. In my opinion, production is the key thing to a song's quality so I'm not bothered too much.

Honestly... I kind of love the lyrics, even though they def are lazy, but I kinda feel it'll fit the song. It reminds a different song for everyone and to me I can't help but to hear Hollywood (prolly just because the words are similar though I don't even like Hollywood). Literally dying of excitation though.

Edit: precising that I feel like this kind of songwriting style fits the theme actually. I can imagine a Honeymoon being like this, lazy and entirely focused on the significant other. Or, I'm trying rellay hard to justify her

ZKcaooE.png

I really imagine it to be like Lucy in the sky with diamonds with no doubt.

the end: "Dreaming away your life"-

I think it will be upbeat when she says this sentence and then the third time (the last time) she says it, I think it will be much slower.

I can imagine some stuff like that in the whole song.

It's hard to explain.

giphy.gif

I really imagine it to be like Lucy in the sky with diamonds with no doubt.

the end: "Dreaming away your life"-

I think it will be upbeat when she says this sentence and then the third time (the last time) she says it, I think it will be much slower.

I can imagine some stuff like that in the whole song.

It's hard to explain.

Yeah!! Kinda like west coast "I'm in love" gets slower in the end!

I remember when the SoC lyrics leaked and I thought it was a joke  :creep: but it turned out to be one of, in my opinion, the strongest songs on the album. A song is more than its lyrics, and this is one song out of how many on an entire record? There are strong-er songs, and weak-er songs on her albums, but she quite obviously knows what to put on each record to make them strong in and of themselves. I'm not too worried. Just be excited we get an early glimpse 

Considering the amount of tracks she had written over the past decade, we should give her a break. It's okay to dislike the lyrics and I agree it's not her best but some of you are acting like she isn't capable of much more. We criticize the production, the promotion, her performances etc. and we are right to do so since they are things that can be out of her control. But the lyrics is one of the things I won't say much about - I want her to write in the way that she'll be happy with the final product in the end. In my opinion, production is the key thing to a song's quality so I'm not bothered too much.

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

For some reason I strongly associate this song and Bentley, maybe because of the driving around imagery. This could be the prequel to the story in Bentley if you read them that way.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

i judged 2 of her songs because i don't like them but you came out of fucking NOWHERE and tried attacking me + bringing Marina in for no reason except for the fact that you wanted to start shit...jfc, quit the stan mentality, i was literally just stating my opinion

I'm sorry, It was unwarranted, I just loose my shit sometimes when I feel people are disrespecting her. I really have an unhealthy relationship with this woman. Marina has nothing to do with anything

When Lana said something about Lucy in the Sky, I do hope it would be the Elton John psychedelic version/vision of Lucy she was talking about, maybe mixed in

with the Beatles All you need is love mixed in with Elton's Ego or Believe (speeded up just a little bit) mixed in with Shades of Cool and West Coast.

What really was more psychedelic than West Coast anyhow? That is why her statement about that was confusing. (unless you put in more piano/organ/percussion and take out the Dan A. guitar

parts? I always like piano/keyboards over guitars

They should get Ray Cooper to augment the percussion. Nobody does it better than Ray.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

The lyrics to Honeymoon suggest a foreboding Roy Orbison/David Lynch menace in the future.

And totally in line with the lyrics/stories of the rest of her songs.

Somewhat like a later Roy Orbison "Love so beautiful"

Why would people think Honeymoon is suppose to mean happiness when she herself used the phrase film noir to represent what she was going for?
There never was a happy ending in any film noir classic that I can think of, was there?

(and her very stylized and I happen to like the artistry of the last video for Ultraviolence with the bride, is very telling too...

it is a journey of life

a road trip through life one where there may or may not be redemption (David Lynch always had redemption at the end of one of his films even if it was hard to see sometimes, but when one took the whole movie, there was always an OMG I get it moment, especially in Wild at heart and Mulholland Drive

(One of the greatest films of all time, as is the classic Sunset Blvd, Mulholland was like the other side of Sunset)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp