LDRO

Instagram Updates

I did a project regarding women in the music industry and their experiences, and Lana's early career was one of the three topics I chose. People tore her to shreds for being "inauthentic", especially when information of the Lizzy Grant days came forward.

But we all know that story, but I have never seen, or heard of, a male artist be torn to shreds like she was, for public performances, to authenticity.

Although, I've given this some thought since yesterday, if she felt like she couldn't truly make the music she wanted to since BTD and UV, does that mean that Honeymoon, Lust for Life, and Norman Fucking Rockwell are inauthentic to herself?  I read somewhere here that someone said maybe she wrote those records to appease critics, and if that is so, does it take away from the things she sang about?

I am having trouble articulating this, but it makes me challenge my perception of her last three albums, in a way.

I mean, if she changed her lyrics and such to appease critics, that's fine, and artists make songs all the time that have no meaning. And I'm not trying to reignite that authenticity thing, but it makes me wonder.

idk im having trouble putting my thoughts into this post, hopefully someone understands what i'm trying to ask/say

EDIT: maybe im looking to much into it/overthinking things

I don't think that means the albums are inauthentic, they are just exploring a different "safer" part of her, wherein the past she was more comfortable exploring more controversial topics. That doesn't mean the music isn't meaningful and personal to her.

We all know Lana is a lil internally misogynstic. She's Not Me/So Legit, anyone?

.... how is "shes not me" misogynistic? Do you think Arianas song break up with your gf is misogynistic ? have u heard some of Cardi's lyrics lmao. just bc u act competitive with another woman doesnt mean ur misogynistic smh 

I did a project regarding women in the music industry and their experiences, and Lana's early career was one of the three topics I chose. People tore her to shreds for being "inauthentic", especially when information of the Lizzy Grant days came forward.

But we all know that story, but I have never seen, or heard of, a male artist be torn to shreds like she was, for public performances, to authenticity.

Although, I've given this some thought since yesterday, if she felt like she couldn't truly make the music she wanted to since BTD and UV, does that mean that Honeymoon, Lust for Life, and Norman Fucking Rockwell are inauthentic to herself?  I read somewhere here that someone said maybe she wrote those records to appease critics, and if that is so, does it take away from the things she sang about?

I am having trouble articulating this, but it makes me challenge my perception of her last three albums, in a way.

I mean, if she changed her lyrics and such to appease critics, that's fine, and artists make songs all the time that have no meaning. And I'm not trying to reignite that authenticity thing, but it makes me wonder.

idk im having trouble putting my thoughts into this post, hopefully someone understands what i'm trying to ask/say

I get what you mean, and I don't think it's the case. Let's go album by album...

Honeymoon is the beginning of a new LDR mentality. There's a glimmer of hope here and there, but it's still a tragic record. Going off regarding fame, the critics, the paparazzi... violent men, money, sexual innuendos. I don't think it's tame at all. It's just that she started to realize her worth.

On Lust for Life, she introduced a brand new LDR: happiness is the ultimate goal. It's a very honest album, but this is the only one I think it was so appeal. Which is totally okay. After 2 dark and anti-pop albums, she wanted to sell a reinvented image and theme.

On Norman Fucking Rockwell, Lana explicitly narrates her process to happiness and the struggles of it. It's an incredibly sincere record, much more than Lust for Life because it wasn't made to appeal anyone. Lana herself was left with a bad taste in her mouth when she learned the entire world loved the album. You can tell from the self-defensiveness and bittersweetness in her NFR interviews. And then she went crazy post-Grammy loss. She didn't make this album to appeal anyone. It's just another chapter of sexism in the industry: now that she's happier, is stronger and is singing from a different, more light-hearted POV, everyone loves her? 

Also, it's her process. I, as a writer, don't want to expose everything about what's going on in my head in one single project. That doesn't mean I'm tame.

I think some people just want an excuse to hate her and some people want to have someone to critisize for saying something imperfect that doesnt fit in with their agenda. (Not talking about anyone here.)

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell (Remixes)

1. Twitter God Complex

2. Ignorant Bitch

3. Fuck it, I Don't Care Anymore

4. Draggin' Time

5. Feminist Song

6. Controversial Girl

7. How To Piss Off a Million People

8. The Next Best American Scandal

9. The Baddest

10. A Phone is a Dangerous Thing for a Woman Like Me to Have - But I Have It

hope jokes are always fucking funny :lmao:

or, for better wording, they're never not not funny

Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell (Remixes)

1. Twitter God Complex

2. Ignorant Bitch

3. Fuck it, I Don't Care Anymore

4. Draggin' Time

5. Feminist Song

6. Controversial Girl

7. How To Piss Off a Million People

8. The Next Best American Scandal

9. The Baddest

10. A Phone is a Dangerous Thing for a Woman Like Me to Have - But I Have It

just FABULOUS !   :D   Where can I get this album ?

ROFLMAO  :thumb3:

this gives me an idea for an album cover. I will be right back !

-

this whole debacle has really got me thinking about her past two records. i'm thinking that maybe lana wasn't being truly authentic, she felt like she had to play it safe. i do think lana could make an album for her fans, or an album about happiness and her journey to find it, while still remaining as brutally honest and raw like we all know she can be. i feel like some songs, such as cherry, in my feelings, heroin, and california have some sense of raw honesty and risktaking, but there is a good chunk of songs that are very tame. it's like as if lana doesn't feel like she's allowed to be vulnerable, angry, submissive, sexual, whatever it is she wants to express. it's really sad that she felt like she had to change her style of writing and self expression because people are so harsh. hopefully this is a sign she is not going to hold anything back. her ability to be unapologetically raw, honest, and even scandalous is what makes her unique. 

and can i take a second to rant about how many people are making jokes about what her music is about and how people perceive her. i've seen SO many comments talking about how lana only sings about sugar daddies and drugs which anyone who actually listens to her music knows that isn't even true. i even see this coming from stans, and i hate how even people who are FANS take the songs that have gotten me through hard times and made me feel understood, and boil it down to old men and cocaine. and this is exactly what she is complaining about in her post, this girl couldn't be submissive or vulnerable without people saying she was anti-women and romantizing abuse. i understand that she may come off as codependant, and passive, but she should have every right to express how she feels.

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

EDIT: maybe im looking to much into it/overthinking things

I definitely believe Lust for Life was a record for the critics... 

however, I also think that NORMAN was a return to her sticking up for herself & writing how she truly felt (being vulnerable) 

because that is where the magic is in music...

I think Jack Antonoff encouraged her to not give into the critics and to sing and write about her feelings...

so I think NFR is authentic.

its comical how I consider myself LIBERAL and I personally align with the side that is

ToLERANT and UNDERSTANDING of peoples (ALL PEOPLE ALL RACES) 

and then woke twitter (who claims to be all for women) is completely ruthless & mean & cannot see or even begin to try to understand or listen to her when she decides to SPEAK TF UP FOR HER ART .... its truly worrisome where the culture is.... 

I definitely believe Lust for Life was a record for the critics... 

however, I also think that NORMAN was a return to her sticking up for herself & writing how she truly felt (being vulnerable) 

because that is where the magic is in music...

I think Jack Antonoff encouraged her to not give into the critics and to sing and write about her feelings...

so I think NFR is authentic.

LFL was, for sure.

NFR I feel like was in between, with the title being what it is. Almost daring critics to review it, but all they did was censor the title. I think that it proved to her, she can write a highly acclaimed album if she wants to and I think it took her by surprise. I don't think she was expecting that. She's already voiced her concern that the next record may not be critiqued as well

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Feel so sorry for her somehow...but yeah the wording could have been better and the name drop wasn't necessary but she is still human after all and yeah think that is good that she finally stood up for herself. She should be proud of her past records instead of being ashamed or whatever bc of critics and so on. Glad that she did even it all ended up in a fucking mess but that's somehow typically for Lana ...she just wanted to share her feelings/thoughts and now is she called a racist. Yeah the name drop wasn't necessary but these are the women who dominate the charts or are successful. If 6 white women or 6 aliens or whatever would be dominate the charts she would have used them as an example...hope y'all know what I mean...that "oh my god she named only women of color even though Ari is not but no matter what Lana is a racist and ewww suddenly can't read between the lines bc she is not not a racist bc she is " is bullshit.

And yeah didn't were a fan until 2015 but I think that she still is hurt from the harsh critics which is only human and with NFR! the critics eaten up Lanas ass bc it was not controvers. I can understand Lana bc she only got "accepted" by critics if she is not a "trouble maker". At least that could be how Lana feels. She wants the freedom to express herself however she wants to without getting harsh critized if its not "basic"or " happy " or whatever.

Maybe my brain goes wild today but I had a thought: We know that Lana was not the easiest child/ teen and she and her mother haven't a good relationship. I can imagine that her mother only could really show her love for Lana when Lana was not a trouble maker and more like a "good child" and maybe if Lana was more like a rebel/ trouble maker her mother was more like ice cold towards Lana for whatever reason but Lana felt not accepted and I think that this is always a issue for Lana in her while life. She never really felt that the critics or the culture accept her the way she is especially when she is more like a trouble maker or controvers. And in the last weeks/months was enough time for overthinking... and yeah it is just a thought maybe it is complete bullshit but yeah like Lana sings in Hope"There are monsters under my bed that I couldn't never fight off"....maybe this is her try to fight off those monsters??

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I think some people just want an excuse to hate her and some people want to have someone to critisize for saying something imperfect that doesnt fit in with their agenda. (Not talking about anyone here.)

Basically this. Twitter is full of people who pose as "all accepting, all inclusive" yet when someone says something that doesn't work 100% exactly to their narrative, they cut you down. And their reaction to her statement proved her point exactly. 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

.... how is "shes not me" misogynistic? Do you think Arianas song break up with your gf is misogynistic ? have u heard some of Cardi's lyrics lmao. just bc u act competitive with another woman doesnt mean ur misogynistic smh 

Because in the song she's basically bringing down another woman to raise herself up as a means to appease a man?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven