LDRO

Instagram Updates

Even her dad is on twitter talking about racial injustice for the 100th time. The last week-and-a-half has been quite eye opening for me as a stan, tbh. If nothing more, she’s incredibly stuck in her own myopic worldview and only truly concerned about issues that effect people like her.

I'm sorry but you'd have to be a Stan to be searching to see if a certain celebrity made a statement about a topic . I think a lot of us including definitely me are maybe too online bc I searched her Twitter today but I think we expect statements on everything because we're always online... Do we know if Lana even watched the news? I'm not trying to be ride or come at you I just thought you brought up an interesting topic about stabbing versus casual fans and how that causes different perceptions

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

I get that people'd like for her to say something. Just fuck it and be there. who cares how people perceive it the act should shine, and if they don't get it, then leave them be to think things over. 

Maybe she's sore, maybe she's lounging who really knows. it'll seem apologetic. but a simple, "I'm aware of how this situation played out. I'm already doing reparation work etc. perceive this how you want, but I'm doing livestream/awareness spread etc. bc my heart aches for the people. be safe. insert links to petition etc." 

this might not be perceived as holistically selfless. she might not even be in the brightest of light, but that'd still be something towards a more unifying direction. 

still.
maybe she's helping her friends right now. maybe she is doing work. maybe she is writing on events and reflecting. maybe her work's still fermenting and she wants to refine her statement and perceives it to be her best addition to help. there's a lot we don't know. maybe she just can't handle it right now. situation is she got checked last time she opened up. that plays into her being vocal. benefit of the doubt for the sake of principle. 

don't judge the woman for her past. that's just fucked up. no one should be subjugated casually if any reason, for the decisions they've made that they're still trying to live thru. care for the person that they are now, and hope that those positive ideals stay with them. 

and for verbal disclaimer, not trying to virtue signal or anything, but if anyone's gonna quote. I'm working on trying to make a change thru my studies and other actions. reach out to someone today. I believe in you. be smart and be perceptive. take care always.

UV/Honeymoon

idc what celebrities have to say about politics. To expect them to speak on current events just to acknowledge it.... really is just virtue signaling and social performance. Yeah it would be great if she shared a donation link or a petition but when celebs do that its like :/ you're sitting on millions of dollars and you want little unemployed me to donate?? itsjustnotrealistic.gif . The best thing she could do is donate her own money, and use her platform to elevate the voices of black activists rather than adding her own commentary. If she said something herself it would just look like damage control, and it would be hard to accept as sincere from someone who was very recently (and maybe still) involved with a known racist cop. I also understand wanting reassurance that your fave cares about you but we can't really force her to talk, nor is she obligated to. And theres a huge chance that if she does acknowledge this, her post might just make you even more disappointed in her depending on what she says. Like literally she's just ignorant and privileged and got herself in a mess, but idk it just feels like a waste of everyone's emotional energy to hope she says something and to be upset with her if she doesn't. She might be doing some deep thinking rn and reevaluating her world views based on this tragedy and people's criticism of her posts. We'll just have 2 wait and see

in case anyone got it twisted: I am not under any circumstances saying you're wrong for wanting her to say something. I just want u guys to stay healthy and happy especially during a time like this, where it's so easy to get overwhelmed and start a downward spiral. Miss I believe in the country America used to be LDR acknowledging this isn't like super important in the grand scheme of things. Sharing petitions and donation campaigns is really nice but the best thing to do is organize and take action. the revolution will not be televised live tweeted . And also, pls take care of urself bbys. Don’t get too worked up over something like this, it’s out of your control and it’s not worth your energy

UbsOye5.png

The level of mental gymnastics some of y'all do for the sake of defending her, smh.

The past week left me so disappointed in her, tbh, it's just mentally painful. Lana meant A LOT to me and then suddenly she (herself!) reveals that she's just living in her own bubble, ignorant, only concerned about people who "look and act like her" and making herself a martyr. I'm just SO close to unstanning.

Can y'all imagine if she wrote a Coachella like song about riots or the virus

(Or both)

I was at the riots

Oops I have the virus

Hope I didn't spread it

I'm already cancelled

I'd trade it all for a half decent publicist

One who'd take my Instagram password away

I'd give it all away if you give me just one day

Without Twitter saying I'm racist

bitch i'm lmfao

The level of mental gymnastics some of y'all do for the sake of defending her, smh.

The past week left me so disappointed in her, tbh, it's just mentally painful. Lana meant A LOT to me and then suddenly she (herself!) reveals that she's just living in her own bubble, ignorant, only concerned about people who "look and act like her" and making herself a martyr. I'm just SO close to unstanning.

Are u for real? Why you guys are making a big deal of everything she said?

She was truly honest, she just said everything on the face of the hypocrates. Other can sing about sex, prostitution, drugs etc and be praised, but when it comes to her they call her a whore, a slut who's trying to make those things look good. She has every right to be f*cking pissed and i'ma say i'm by her side and I'll defend her no matter what everyone says.

someone who was very recently (and maybe still) involved with a known racist cop.

Wait what, is Sean Larkin a racist? Holy crap i'm wordless haha

original.gif

her family may even be racist, and somehow she and her family give me that vibe, i can't remember seeing anybody but white people in her friends/family/boyfriends circle, we don't know for sure

Wow, I didn't knew she and her family are obliged to have black friends/boyfriends/parents... Wow, I didn't knew that having only white people in her circle (which isn't a wrong thing) makes her and her family a racist.

I thought you guys were fans of hers, but it seems you're just a bunch of trolls who are here to criticize Lana and her family. Just f*cking stop, please!

If you wanna talk about BL or how you guys think she's racist, go to some b**** forum.

:icant2:

Yeah i'm by her side no matter what - and you all should do this too - and I'll only be against her if she proves herself a homophobe, that's the f*cking truth!

Edited by evilentity
User was warned for the italicized portion. The rest of the last two paragraphs are merely incredibly bad takes that should be rebutted.

original.gif

Even her dad is on twitter talking about racial injustice for the 100th time. The last week-and-a-half has been quite eye opening for me as a stan, tbh. If nothing more, she’s incredibly stuck in her own myopic worldview and only truly concerned about issues that affect people like her.

Been a fan for like 7 years now, sad to say I can only stan her music now :(

sgopYhV.gif

Wow, I didn't knew she and her family are obliged to have black friends/boyfriends/parents... Wow, I didn't knew that having only white people in her circle (which isn't a wrong thing) makes her and her family a racist.

I thought you guys were fans of hers, but it seems you're just a bunch of trolls who are here to criticize Lana and her family. Just f*cking stop, please!

If you wanna talk about BL or how you guys think she's racist, go to some b**** forum.

Yeah i'm by her side no matter what - and you all should do this too - and I'll only be against her if she proves herself a homophobe, that's the f*cking truth!

Yeah, no. You can be a fan and still not agree with everything she says and does.

Mind blowing, I know.

Chill.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

It amazes how quickly people can say they don't like Lana anymore, just her music. We don't know anything about how her last few days have been. She had pretty rough week last week in the public eye and everyone told her she needs to take a deep breath and stay off social media. That's what she's doing. I'd be scared to post anything too if I was her. The video she posted was very sad to watch and it's clear she's hurting and doesn't know how to express herself right now. Maybe for her own mental health she can't handle any more backlash. And let's be real, everyone is posting about this right now and everyone is aware. Lana's input isn't going to add much to the conversation. People seem to think that Instagram is the be-all-end-all of activism, but there is so much more we could and should be doing. We don't have a clue what she's doing or how she's feeling right now, so let's not tear her apart when there are a lot more important things to be putting our energy into at the moment, especially when we haven't a clue how Lana is reacting to the current state of the country. Stop treating her like the enemy, she is not a bad person, she's human, and I believe in her to help when and how she can.

girl wtf BYE 

West-Coast-GIF-lana-del-rey-37051506-500

It amazes how quickly people can say they don't like Lana anymore, just her music. We don't know anything about how her last few days have been. She had pretty rough week last week in the public eye and everyone told her she needs to take a deep breath and stay off social media. That's what she's doing. I'd be scared to post anything too if I was her. The video she posted was very sad to watch and it's clear she's hurting and doesn't know how to express herself right now. Maybe for her own mental health she can't handle any more backlash. And let's be real, everyone is posting about this right now and everyone is aware. Lana's input isn't going to add much to the conversation. People seem to think that Instagram is the be-all-end-all of activism, but there is so much more we could and should be doing. We don't have a clue what she's doing or how she's feeling right now, so let's not tear her apart when there are a lot more important things to be putting our energy into at the moment, especially when we haven't a clue how Lana is reacting to the current state of the country. Stop treating her like the enemy, she is not a bad person, she's human, and I believe in her to help when and how she can.

That's how I think.

giphy.gif

That's how I think.

It's funny to see how people here are reacting to a simple Instagram post and her silence about the guy who got killed.

For years they stan her and in the blink of an eye they're like "wow I don't stan/like her anymore, she's probably a racist" and a lot of sh*t .

Honestly, you all who are saying crap like the things I mentioned: i'm sure you guys aren't real fans, cause if you were you would knew how Lana is, how she acts and that she's a really good hearted person who just got misunderstood by some a**holes who LOVE to criticize her.

original.gif

After people dragging her through the mud, some y’all expect her to speak up?? Worms for brains.

FYI, Lana haven’t performed on live TV since 2012. 8 years ago. And y’all know why....

I don’t expect anymore public statements from her...EVER. 

It's funny to see how people here are reacting to a simple Instagram post and her silence about the guy who got killed.

For years they stan her and in the blink of an eye they're like "wow I don't stan/like her anymore, she's probably a racist" and a lot of sh*t .

Honestly, you all who are saying crap like the things I mentioned: i'm sure you guys aren't real fans, cause if you were you would knew how Lana is, how she acts and that she's a really good hearted person who just got misunderstood by some a**holes who LOVE to criticize her.

I didn't understand why you quoted me. If what you wrote was for me, know that I was agreeing with what DCooper wrote. And, if it's of interest to you, read my previous posts where I express my opinion on that.

giphy.gif