Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

she could do such an haunting over of hallelujah :oprah:

OMG YES

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

she should cover side to side by ariana grande

imagine that sung with her dreamy voice with some beautiful violin in the background:

I've been there all night,

I've been there all day,

And boy, got me walkin' side to side

Let them hoes know

I'm talkin' to ya

See you standing over there with your body

Feeling like I wanna rock with your body

And we don't gotta think 'bout nothin'

I'm comin' at ya

'Cause I know you got a bad reputation

Doesn't matter, 'cause you give me temptation

And we don't gotta think 'bout nothin'

I can totally sense "Wait For Life"/"Big Eyes"/"Bel Air" vibes!

nsaalk.jpg

I'm torn and agree with the user that said I like them as extra material . CHN2 and Summee Wine are amazing. Also Goodbye Kiss and heart shaped box.

But the other woman fits perfectly on UV and DLMBM I like, but the production makes me iffy

First time listening to Is This Happiness just now, and I can't help but imagine that this was how the original Ultraviolence was meant to sound like.

Absence of guitars throughout the whole song, piano led like the Black Beauty demo version, but still subdued and fitting of the mood of the album.

Like, what major changes happened to songs like West Coast, Shades of Cool, FMWUTT after Auerbach came into the picture? I wonder if thats happened with this new album. She was going one direction, but something, someone, made her change everything and rethink it all, which is why this new record is taking so long to appear?

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

First time listening to Is This Happiness just now, and I can't help but imagine that this was how the original Ultraviolence was meant to sound like.

Absence of guitars throughout the whole song, piano led like the Black Beauty demo version, but still subdued and fitting of the mood of the album.

Like, what major changes happened to songs like West Coast, Shades of Cool, FMWUTT after Auerbach came into the picture? I wonder if thats happened with this new album. She was going one direction, but something, someone, made her change everything and rethink it all, which is why this new record is taking so long to appear?

Yeah cause wasn't your girl, yes to heaven and fine China all before auerbach too? Because they seem so different from the official album

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

It's not taking long to appear though, it's just a little over a year after HM was released. So far I don't think she has re-worked anything she plans for LDR5, but since she has never really spoken about it officially this could still happen.

I don't know if SoC or FMWUTTT actually existed before Auerbach came to the picture.

Black Beauty leaked together with JFK, Starry Eyed, Hollywood and Angels Forever, Forever Angels. Those tracks were speculated to be either Paradise or UV outtakes. Fact is that all of them, except maybe Hollywood, have a pretty mutual sound. Lana said Black Beauty was planned to be a center piece for her new album and that she was very disappointed it leaked. So I guess that was the "first version" of LDR3. I don't think it had the Ultraviolence-concept at this point.

Fine China, Yes To Heaven and Your Girl are outtakes from when she started to work on this concept, yet without Dan. I could imagine that Guns And Roses is from this first UV-version aswell.

West Coast most likely sounded more like the german radio mix and if I remember it right it was not planned to be on UV (it does not really go along with those other confirmed outtakes) so when she met Dan they most likely listened to the demos and decided that West Coast had potential for "the new direction" they wanted to go in.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Dan already said he didn't do much. Lana had the musical concept of UV in mind but she needed a genius to "bring the fire". He also said all her demos were incredible and they only had to re-record them. Y'all act like Dan is the main reason of UV's brilliance.

This happens all the time when a female singer works with a famous male producer...