Hi! Mod team is aware of site issues and have contacted Admin :) ×
BLURRYFACE

Billie Eilish

This is a very grower album I didn’t like them all the first time because I was so attached to the snippets and pretty much every song switches up to something different than the snippets vibe but like give it a minute guys PLEASE

1 hour ago, bluechemtrails said:

did I listen to the same album?

it's listenable, but not very impressing :yawn:

1 hour ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

Ooooo I did not like this album... all skips except Blue

29 minutes ago, Pink Flamingo said:

FINNEAS better produce Lana's next album, the production is so good:defeated:

15 minutes ago, maysparkle said:

I’m on L’amour De Ma Vie and so far they all sound same-ish and I’m a little bored. I thought her first two albums were a little more interesting (not counting don’t smile at me). Maybe I need more time with it. 

This is all how I felt. Finneas PRODUCED. This was soundwise really great. Vocally (she did have some highs it just didn't hit for me and that's okay) and lyrically it was just boring. I didn't really like most of it. I like three or four songs.

17 minutes ago, SarcasticBeauty said:

This is all how I felt. Finneas PRODUCED. This was soundwise really great. Vocally (she did have some highs it just didn't hit for me and that's okay) and lyrically it was just boring. I didn't really like most of it. I like three or four songs.

Are you telling me the vocals didn't KILL it on the greatest? Come on. She ate.

Throughout the record, the one thing you don't even think about is the vocals. So pure, so soulful, so unique. It's like if the ocean had a voice.

Oh fuck I didn’t fully listen to skinny.. the lyrics are hitting me hard (and soft lol) :trisha::trisha::trisha: 
I think this album is growing on me the more I listen to it 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

This album was fucking amazing I am going to restan

SOPHIE • ARCA • SKY FERREIRA • YEULE • CHARLI XCX • WILL TOLEDO • JAMIE STEWART • CHELSEA WOLFE • YUNG LEAN • ECCO2K • NATURAL SNOW BUILDINGS • EARTHEATER • FIONA APPLE • BJÖRK • ANNA VON HAUSSWOLFF • KRISTIN MICHAEL HAYTER • RICHARD D JAMES • MICHAEL GIRA • LANA DEL REY • FKA TWIGS • DEATH GRIPS • SNOW STRIPPERS • A. G. COOK • ETHEL CAIN • NICOLE DOLLANGANGER • KATIE JANE GARSIDE • SHYGIRL • BABYMETAL • CARLY RAE JEPSEN • PERFUME • BEYONCÉ • MACHINE GIRL • KILL ALTERS • RINA SAWAYAMA • A$AP ROCKY • FRIENDZONE • JOANNA NEWSOM • JANE REMOVER • UBOA • KATE BUSH • SARAH BONITO • SLAYYYTER • AYESHA EROTICA • CAROLINE POLACHEK • KELELA • DEVONTÉ HYNES • WEYES BLOOD • JULIA HOLTER • COCTEAU TWINS • TORI AMOS • HANNAH DIAMOND • FLORENCE WELCH • GIA MARGRET • SKULLCRUSHER • DEFTONES • KESHA • LORDE • BONNIE MCKEE • COBRAH • GOODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR • YUNG SHERMAN • SEA OLEENA • POPPY • DEAN BLUNT • DEAR NORA • T.A.T.U. • NAMASENDA • POISON GIRLFRIEND • TOVE LO • ZHEANI • ORTIES • BLADEE • AESPA • BANKS • 

I've only listened once but enjoyed it quite a bit. I felt like a lot of it was looking back to the 90s and even 80s (strong Cardigans vibes on Birds of a Feather and Lunch).

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

I think my brain had overloaded by the end of the record but sitting with the lyrics for Blue in repeat listens is so sad..

𝙸𝚝’𝚜 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚒𝚐 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎, 𝙸𝚝’𝚜 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚂𝚢𝚕𝚟𝚒𝚊 𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚑

oh my fucking god. this album is so good. she did that :crying2:

it's full of emotions, nostalgia, sadness but in hopeful way. she sings with her soul and full strength everything.

album is giving me vibes of late 90s/early 00s rock, electronic, trip-hop, folk and damn this is making even more nostalgic.

i literally screamed when Bittersuite was ending and heard melody of True Blue:crai:

This album makes me want a potential collab with Lana even more

it's so good one of the best albums released this year

14 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

it would be a great album if it was just the second half of the songs, but as it is, idk what to think of it :um2:

Literally tho, every song feels like 2 completely different songs she really could’ve done with cutting them all in half then having transitions through songs and it would be more appealing 

56 minutes ago, Bonita said:

This album makes me want a potential collab with Lana even more

it's so good one of the best albums released this year

I'll be livid if it never happens. 

They both love each other, and have similar sensibilities. 

Now would also be the perfect time, given how huge they both are, well respected critically, and how they already broke the ice at Coachella.

I was never really into Billie until recently I started casually listening to her and found myself really liking happier than ever. Gave the new album and spin and it is pretty good. Honestly it can feel a little same through some of it but that’s not a bad thing. Did it punch me and make think damn this is so awesome, no. But it did give a smooth listen that I’ll spin again.  Chihiro, Bittersuite, and Blue are my current faves. I did like wildflower and the greatest a lot as well. 

So here is my totally unwanted appreciation of the album:

It’s very, very good, like a solid 8. There’s a lot to unpack in those ten tracks and I will need some time to process it all. It’s (surprisingly) a nice blend of Happier Than Ever’s jazzy minimalism and WWAFAWDWG’s weird bops. 

The star of this album has to be the production: whether it’s for the minimal and intimate tracks or the bigger songs, they all feel rich and grand. The album creates a soundscape evoking the sea, with its many shifts in currents, navigating through the ups of down of Billie’s sapphic failed romance, with strings on both ends of that spectrum. 

That being said, it’s not a flawless spectacle. The middle tracks (Wildflower and The Greatest) could have fitted on her Guitar Songs EP, although they make sense when L’Amour de ma Vie begins. 

The snippet game she played in the last weeks was a bit « baiting » us to the nicest elements or parts of the songs (Bittersuite, Chihiro, L’Amour). Sometimes, we wish she separated the tracks into two complete songs instead of blending them together (although, I must admit, you don’t have the time to get bored or tired with any track, since they change so much). The best transitions, to me, are in Chihiro and Bittersuite becoming Blue.

Blue is very interesting but I must admit I won’t be deleting the leaked « demo », which is still superior to its part in the finish song (the highlight of Blue is the Born Blue part). 

Voilà.