BLURRYFACE

Billie Eilish

1 hour ago, longtimeman said:

Aside from a few song titles, I don't see any connection to Lana at all.

ETA: I mean musically. Lana is a big force in Billie's life, obviously, but I just can't see any direct influence at all.

I agree, I think they are 2 very different artists, their vocal styles and production and instrumental choices are worlds apart to me.. however, my husband got in the car when the back end of the album was playing and said it just sounded so much like Lana?

I think it’s just the vibes the music give, like maybe the way their music makes you feel? When I said the melody of bittersuite/blue reminded me of Lana’s sugary sweet snippet I wasn’t suggesting it was a cut and paste copy, I just meant I heard that song and it made me think of that song 

people also tried to to suggest that Taylor’s album sounded like Lana too but I listened and I didn’t pick out a single song that reminded me of Lana.. I think sometimes 2 big female artists are constantly compared 

like a dream, you glide on the water 

IMG-7034.gif

and like a star, I shine from the shore 

14 hours ago, honeyslow said:

I think the influence was more in the creation of a unique and cohesive sonic world with a pervasive mood rather than outright elements from BTD 

lana isn’t to only one to have done that though

7 hours ago, taco truck said:

I do not like Lunch, it’s too “Bad Guy” - ish and it’s the exact type of Billie song that irritates me lol

LUNCH >>>>>>>>> bad guy

7 hours ago, SweetHenny said:

I am scared of people who say they dont like this album. I literally disliked Billie before, never was a fan of her, but this album is INCREDIBLE! Tasteless people can't relate, off to relisten to this masterpiece for 50th time :hottie:

PREACH. I'm obsessed with it

3 hours ago, longtimeman said:

Aside from a few song titles, I don't see any connection to Lana at all.

ETA: I mean musically. Lana is a big force in Billie's life, obviously, but I just can't see any direct influence at all.

Blue gave me some Get Free vibes in terms of percussion and lyrics. Also, NFR (the song) lyrically. Some of the other titles and lyrics, too, are dark, Lana-esque. But yeah, generally, Billie is very much her own artist, and I genuinely don't think she gives a fuck about influences and what anyone else is doing at all. Which what makes this record even stronger. It's kind of in a league of its own.

Deff one of my top AOTY so far  :bop: the more I listen the more I love it

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

1 hour ago, shadesofblue said:

Deff one of my top AOTY so far  :bop: the more I listen the more I love it

It's such a tough call for me between this and Cowboy Carter.

While Beyonce's record is more expansive and has so much to unpack, Billie's achieved more in a shorter amount of time. Is there anything on Cowboy Carter that's as soulful and deep as Wildflower? Not sure.

Are there any cuts on Cowboy Carter that are so out there and creative like Chihoro? Not sure.

It's kind of crazy how this 21 year old girl and her brother can make an album in their basement that rivals Beyonce's record that has 50+ people writing it and producing it. 

At the moment, I feel like it should be Billie on that stage.

People comparing Billie and Taylor is so annoying, like they’re obviously 2 different artists with different style, fame and fan base. The Taylor fan accounts are going crazy over his Taylor is still number 1. Like Taylor is AMAZING but Billie and finneas are always gonna be on a different level than Taylor in some ways better and some ways not as good 2 artists are rarely ever the same enough to be compared to this point

19 hours ago, barttttender said:

so, why post on the new Billie Eillish record if you dont even think she can sing? 

I wasn’t even talking to you… it’s giving obsessed.

"I'm still so blue-- true blue, true blue, I'm true blue."

Starting the day off with HMHAS again-- day 3! 

LUNCH & BIRDS OF A FEATHER give me King Princess / Benee / Baby Queen vibes. :dance: But I guess if they would have released the exact same album it wouldn‘t have been that hyped like in Billie‘s case right now even though there‘s nothing about the album we haven‘t heard before…anyway, chill record!

Nevertheless, as much as I like it, I really hope Ariana or finally Lana will get the Grammy for AOTY. :aw:

2 hours ago, DCooper said:

Can't believe how much I like this album. The whole thing is great, but Blue really is something special. What an ending :oprah:

for me, it's the combo of Chihiro, The Greatest, Wildflower and Blue. Probably 4 of the best songs she's ever written. Also fucking with Lunch and Skinny. The others 4 I'm not obsessed with but they're still good - more listenable than most of happier

On 3/15/2024 at 7:38 AM, Pantene123 said:

Does anyone knows anything abt the deleted Six Feet Under music video? 

a clip leaked early this month but idk how to post here

What a truly strong album. Definitely a grower for some and will need a few replays to memorize the songs, but FINNEAS did a great job as a producer and Billie as a vocalist and storyteller.