Say Yes to Heaven

LDR5 - Pre-Release Thread

Well, if you are that artsy fartsy like you claim you are, you should maybe try it with Joanna Newson, take her fucking harp and shove it deep down your own .... to overcome you holier than thou attitude

Lol who?

I'm sorry but I just cannot understand why you're even on here, you talk down about Lana more times than you've said anything good about her. Doesn't makes sense to me.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

We want her to succeed, but just because she doesn't market herself the way Halsey and,Lorde do doesn't mean she's unsuccessful.

How exactly does Lana succeed though? Everyone always wants Lana to be this "musical icon" but how can you become an icon when no one even knows your songs. I know people who enjoy Lana's music and listen to UV and BTD and some of them didn't even know about HM until i told them that she released another record... 

Also

NHhyqLT.png

PwlUkNC.png

i76mrxw.png 

A contest from Polydor France :D

Btw I was casually half asleep in the metro going to uni this morning, turned my head to see the station name and yelped. Does this count as actual promo :creep: And I got my Lasagna Del Rey tshirt on today so now half a train knows I'm a Del Rey stan

i want to see your tshirt

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

I'd say she has a cult fan base and I'm fine with that she has an alternative sound to her and she's definately iconic but her iconic status is more gradual I mean even in the fashion world you can argue she resuscitated an interest in flower crowns

How exactly does Lana succeed though? Everyone always wants Lana to be this "musical icon" but how can you become an icon when no one even knows your songs. I know people who enjoy Lana's music and listen to UV and BTD and some of them didn't even know about HM until i told them that she released another record... 

Also

NHhyqLT.png

PwlUkNC.png

Not being mainstream doesn't mean you're unsuccessful. I mean when you think about it, she's done her time in the major spotlight. She's made her legacy. The success of BTD, sold out shows etc.

I'd say she has a cult fan base and I'm fine with that she has an alternative sound to her and she's definately iconic but her iconic status is more gradual I mean even in the fashion world you can argue she resuscitated an interest in flower crowns

She also went from being treated as a fashion icon and having a mulberry bag being named after her to topping worst dressed lists within 2 years that's truly impressive tbh.

Not being mainstream doesn't mean you're unsuccessful. I mean when you think about it, she's done her time in the major spotlight. She's made her legacy. The success of BTD, sold out shows etc.

BTD was a success yeah.. that's 1/4 ldr5 doesn't seem like an exception to that tbh. The metacritic data has nothing to do with being mainstream.

i76mrxw.png 

She also went from being treated as a fashion icon and having a mulberry bag being named after her to topping worst dressed lists within 2 years that's truly impressive tbh.

Fashion icon - I'm guessing the whole H&M shoot, Prada clothing? You know, the clothing that was handpicked for her by professional stylists.

Worst dressed - Down to her personal style and incorporating her own tastes at events.

why do so many people feel the need to come on here to bash Lana? I understand the frustration with the lack of promo because that's part of the era that we end up missing out on, but you will always be able to find someone more successful than she is, no matter what she does. She is not the person you stan to get really elaborate promotion, you stan her for beautiful music. That's what she cares about, and just because not everyone understands or enjoys it that does not take away from what it is. There is true garbage out there that ends up chart topping. I will take the good music and everything she gives us because she has such a unique vision. And if you don't like what she's doing you don't have to be on here and you don't have to listen to it. 

BTD was a success yeah.. that's 1/4 ldr5 doesn't seem like an exception to that tbh. The metacritic data has nothing to do with being mainstream.

first of all, all what Lana wants is being herself

lana isn't a fu*king fashion icon, she's the one who wants to wear any piece of sh*t from her closet and she'd be totally fine and she already knows that her taste in fashion is not that good and she said that before 

we all want her to do what she actually wants, because if she wanted to be a fashion icon she can tell Johnny Blueeyes please darling let me be a fucking fashion icon

when she started the UV era with the Next liberation magazine photoshoot she asked them that she wants to wear from her own closet whatever she wants and i guess that was a good and CLEAR introduction 

she doesn't need to follow up some rules to be successful by the others standers 

there's gaga there's katy there's the thirsty Halsey, anyone who wants to stan someone who's thirsty for the spotlights can stan one of these

so let her do whatever she wants bc if she wants to get back to her glory days as what most of you said she CAN but she does NOT want to.

:smile3:

Why are you guys so critical of her? I don't get why many of you are even here if you don't like the direction she's going or her approach in the industry. I don't know if you've realized, but she does what she wants, and that what makes her great. She's not trying to be mainstream. You guys are way more concerned about her sales than she is. 

why do so many people feel the need to come on here to bash Lana? I understand the frustration with the lack of promo because that's part of the era that we end up missing out on, but you will always be able to find someone more successful than she is, no matter what she does. She is not the person you stan to get really elaborate promotion, you stan her for beautiful music. That's what she cares about, and just because not everyone understands or enjoys it that does not take away from what it is. There is true garbage out there that ends up chart topping. I will take the good music and everything she gives us because she has such a unique vision. And if you don't like what she's doing you don't have to be on here and you don't have to listen to it. 

This.

Lana Del Rey is performing at South by Southwest this year. The singer-songwriter will take the stage at the Apple Music space on 612 W 4th Street in Austin tomorrow night, March 17, at 8 p.m.

http://pitchfork.com/news/72289-lana-del-rey-announces-surprise-apple-music-sxsw-set/?mbid=homepage-more-latest-and-video

:trisha: what

Lana Del Rey is performing at South by Southwest this year. The singer-songwriter will take the stage at the Apple Music space on 612 W 4th Street in Austin tomorrow night, March 17, at 8 p.m.

http://pitchfork.com/news/72289-lana-del-rey-announces-surprise-apple-music-sxsw-set/?mbid=homepage-more-latest-and-video

what

That little bitch, this was the surprise she told us yest in InstaLive

:trisha: what

whatt this is so sudden. its literally tomorrow lmao