Say Yes to Heaven

LDR5 - Pre-Release Thread

okay i don't know if this is just me projecting, or wishful thinking or whatever lmao, but lana saying things about her lyrics being more ""politically inclined" my mind immediately goes to vietnam era protest songs . im not saying LDR5 is going to be a ccr cover album (lmao imagine how bad that would chart), but i really do hope that is the direction she went with lyrically for at least one or two songs . she probably has a really refined taste in protest/political songs from the 60s and 70s so im not really expecting anything folky but i hope the album is psychedelic, even if it's just hints and elements of it . i think she would make beautiful songs in that vain, plus i think a lot of people are anticipating a 60s sound anyways??? maybe it's just me but regardless i'm excited to hear what she's written lol

UbsOye5.png

interscope: lanz u need to do tv appearances and live performances for promo

lana: *whispers hex* SQbzadg.jpg

interscope: ur right, you don't need to do any promo

hey do you have this gif in larger size? love it!

did you make this.

ok i know it's never going to happen but all this witch stuff has me thirsting for her to do a psychedelic rock/pop album like something along the lines of Their Satanic Majesties Request by The Rolling Stones. maybe if i do enough spells my dream will come true

Imagine a bright vibrant psychedelic era with lots of crazy visuals and experimental vocals like in Stargirl with dreamy guitar solos

Ultraviolence but colored & positive

:squidward:

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

okay i don't know if this is just me projecting, or wishful thinking or whatever lmao, but lana saying things about her lyrics being more ""politically inclined" my mind immediately goes to vietnam era protest songs . im not saying LDR5 is going to be a ccr cover album (lmao imagine how bad that would chart), but i really do hope that is the direction she went with lyrically for at least one or two songs . she probably has a really refined taste in protest/political songs from the 60s and 70s so im not really expecting anything folky but i hope the album is psychedelic, even if it's just hints and elements of it . i think she would make beautiful songs in that vain, plus i think a lot of people are anticipating a 60s sound anyways??? maybe it's just me but regardless i'm excited to hear what she's written lol

I doubt the sound of the album will be psychedelic any more – she said in the BBC interview (http://consequenceofsound.net/2017/02/lana-del-rey-is-encouraging-fans-to-cast-a-witch-spell-on-donald-trump/):

"She also spoke about the work she’s been doing on her upcoming solo album — a 15-month-long process — and how the LP originally started out as having “like, a ’50s, ’60s feeling, with some kind of Shangri-La, early Joan Baez influences” … until the political mess with Trump began to shake things up.

“As the climate kept on getting more heated politically, I found, like, lyrically everything was just directed towards that, so because of that, the sound just got really updated, and I felt like it was more wanting to, like, talk to the younger side of the audience I have,” she said. “I guess it’s just a little more socially aware. That’s kind of a global feeling.”"

So she started from a 50's/60's sound and now it will be "updated" – so I guess it will be more Pop etc. But I'd love her doing at least 1 or 2 songs in a psychedelic style (she already did on UV).

TO ALL THE FANS WHO THINK THAT LANA IS A SATANIC WITCH: :illumilana2:

A few days ago, I talked to a friend who's really into spiritual stuff and he said that "witch" is a relative term. Furthermore, black magic is when we call Satan for help, when we make pacts with him, when we make a sacrifice and pray in his honor. From what he read about Trump, witches want to cast a spell using a tarot card, specifically the XVI one - the tower. It symbolizes social changes, breakthroughs, a desire to give any kind of innovative projects. Tarot is the opposite of black magic, it is a question to the energy of the universe and getting (or not) an answer. Witches asked the energy of the universe to restore order. So it's not evil!

tumblr_n3uc3h7ELp1qlsak1o1_500.gif

theres already a video for love, are you stoned or tripping

reread the thread title then look back at their post...

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

reread the thread title then look back at their post...

first all this is ldr4/5 not 6. and i asked what she was filming with that witch broom.. theres already a 'love' video

first all this is ldr4/5 not 6. and i asked what she was filming with that witch broom.. theres already a 'love' video

Yes, this thread is LDR5 and I said the mv for LDR6's lead. What's not to understand about that?

image.png

I can't with people actually thinking witchcraft = satanism.... like grow up, witchcraft is a CRAFT not a specific religion, it's used in many religions across the world, but it does not automatically mean Lana is sacrificing goats to satan and performing black magic rituals.... most likely she just finds witchcraft interesting, likes the aesthetic etc, maybe she lights some candles and has a few crystals or something, like please let's not overreact and frame all witchcraft as 'evil' this isn't the 16th century, educate yourselves before throwing accusations around  :facepalm:

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg