Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

What is CWIMM ? Can't remember.

I'm so happy about a 18 tracks record.

Expecting 1 itunes bonus + 1 traget bonus (pure greed) :brows:

Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind

Has she totally said CWIMM is off the table since saying they extended the album.

I just want my hunny to do well critically and that song will be a damn downer.

tbh it is unlikely that it will do that well critically with that length, regardless of cohesiveness and individual quality, critics aren't stans and will likely label it as self-indulgent and bloated, i imagine 6-7 scores at the very highest, which is fine by me as it doesn't influence what I think, I just hope she ignores them as she seems to be suggesting

Shouldn't it still work with two records? If I'm not mistaken, you can fit up to seven songs on one side.

afaik the quality decreases a lot the more songs you have on one side cuz you have to make the lines slimmer which compresses the music

and knowing lana and her being such a fan of vinyls i dont think she'd allow that

image.png

I haven't got any problem with the July release date so I'm double savouring it omg. I love the new sound, I'm excited for the collabs, the visuals are all fucking perfect, I adore this era, I don't mind the wait at all it feels so easy to wait when everything presented is THAT GOOD

ZKcaooE.png

tbh it is unlikely that it will do that well critically with that length, regardless of cohesiveness and individual quality, critics aren't stans and will likely label it as self-indulgent and bloated, i imagine 6-7 scores at the very highest, which is fine by me as it doesn't influence what I think, I just hope she ignores them as she seems to be suggesting

See, I do agree with you, but also STEVIE FUKIN JICKS.

I wish the extra collabs turned out to be with Father John Misty and Mark Ronson (since they are close to her musician circle), but in seems likely that it will be Mehrina and Borns  :crossed:

I'm not too negative about it though, despite the fact that I don't like either of them, she has never collabed before on her own projects, so I hope that this means that she is more willing to make different things with her albums (hopefully getting rid of Kieron/Rick Nowels and working with more producers is the next step on her career path).

zXzLCRU.png

afaik the quality decreases a lot the more songs you have on one side cuz you have to make the lines slimmer which compresses the music

Yes, you're right about that. My point was just that they can definitely put five songs on one side and therefore fit the whole album on two records.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

In France Coachella WIMM is greatly welcomed by the critics. Except from the fans, I never saw negative stuff about this song (I don't say that you're wrong, I just didn't saw anything bad about it somewhere else)

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

See, I do agree with you, but also STEVIE FUKIN JICKS.

I have this nagging feeling that, unless the song is truly amazing, it will be put off as her trying to score cool points ;( it's lana, critics will look for any excuse

I wish the extra collabs turned out to be with Father John Misty and Mark Ronson (since they are close to her musician circle), but in seems likely that it will be Mehrina and Borns  :crossed:

I'm not too negative about it though, despite the fact that I don't like either of them, she has never collabed before on her own projects, so I hope that this means that she is more willing to make different things with her albums (hopefully getting rid of Kieron/Rick Nowels and working with more producers is the next step on her career path).

She was going to with Mark Ronson at one point I think, but that fell through before It even began.

I would love a collab with Father John Misty though. His voice would match hers perfectly.  :flutter:

In France Coachella WIMM is greatly welcomed by the critics. Except from the fans, I never saw negative stuff about this song (I don't say that you're wrong, I just didn't saw anything bad about it somewhere else)

Proud of my pays cause this song is fucking amazing  :w8ing:

ZKcaooE.png