Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

This is actually hilarious. People will pull out their moon phase calendar at every chance but brush off reputible sources repeatedly saying the same date :lmao:

Rolling Stone, a reputable and reliable source: album out 5/26

The gays: nah i dont believe it

Some gay on twitter: the albums release will correlate with the moon phases

The gays: omg yesss so believable

I'm still suspicious of the date even tho almost all major outlets mentioned the exact same date!

I don't think they're allowed to give a false release date so I think it really is coming may 26th

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Would someone mind explaining to me why its so important she has a preorder? (genuine question). I literally only buy music from Lana and anything else I listen to is spotify. I thought that was the case for most artists. Nobody is going to buy her music unless they really like her anyway so what's the difference? But I don't really understand the music business so would it affect the sales that much?

Some 14 year old tumblr gurl hears Lust For Life featuring her favourite basic pop star The Cringend on Spotify. She starts to pick up interest in this Lana Del Ray-gurls music, especially that record which includes the Summertime Sadness remix and wants to see when the new album will be released. She googels. She does not find anything. She forgets everything about it and will probably not care for it anymore or buy it.

Without an actual release date, it's hard to build up anticipation. There are actually a lot of people who pre-order music.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I had a dream the album was titled 'List for Life' and when she posted the tracklist it was just a list of her groceries

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Some 14 year old tumblr gurl hears Lust For Life featuring her favourite basic pop star The Cringend on Spotify. She starts to pick up interest in this Lana Del Ray-gurls music, especially that record which includes the Summertime Sadness remix and wants to see when the new album will be released. She googels. She does not find anything. She forgets everything about it and will probably not care for it anymore or buy it.

Without an actual release date, it's hard to build up anticipation. There are actually a lot of people who pre-order music.

I see thank you all for explaining! I grew up in a country where we couldn't get pre-orders and had to wait like 2 weeks to get music/films UK already had. So never knew much about the whole pre-order thing cause nobody from my hometown could or would ever do it and even living in the UK for 4 years now I've still never done it lmao! If we get a pre order I'll do it ;) And if I do it does that mean I get the CD delivered the release date or after?

I see thank you all for explaining! I grew up in a country where we couldn't get pre-orders and had to wait like 2 weeks to get music/films UK already had. So never knew much about the whole pre-order thing cause nobody from my hometown could or would ever do it and even living in the UK for 4 years now I've still never done it lmao! If we get a pre order I'll do it ;) And if I do it does that mean I get the CD delivered the release date or after?

It depends on where you order it from.  Amazon is generally known to deliver on release date with pre-orders.  Urban Outfitters will take their sweet fuckin time.

Amazon, Rolling Stone, several websites that sell CDs all say May 26th yet here we are saying "I bet it's coming in June or July"

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

The Elle issue was cute but we're still not getting much info. It just says "Coming soon"  :facepalm:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Amazon, Rolling Stone, several websites that sell CDs all say May 26th yet here we are saying "I bet it's coming in June or July"

I really thing that "ingredients can be found online" is that we will found about it on our owns ..so I guess the 26 may is true

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Several UMG sites posted May 26th, that's as reliable as it gets. She's clearly avoiding the release date in magazines and even the billboard, she wants it to be a surprise, I doubt there will be a pre order at this point.

I'm 99% sure that Hollyweird will be a title, but it'll be an interlude and the same thing as we got in the Lust For Life trailer

isn't that made by fans? lanaism is a fansite. 

looks so cool anyway

Oh is it? I just saw the festival and date and assumed it was for that :defeated:

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif